Is Britney a victim of her success?

Do you think Britney is a victim of her success?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

Britney's mother and manager are the ones who did what they did.  They're the ones who exploited Britney.

I've said many times I'm pleased Britney is comfortably wealthy, but I strongly dislike her mother and Larry.

u dislike the idea u have of them 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/5/2019 at 4:20 PM, Sporty said:

Even Britney herself has stated herself that she's "not really built for this industry." It's a combination of becoming way too successful and being taken advantage of because she was too young to understand how to say no and set boundaries (which is difficult when you sign up to be a pop star), PLUS her being incredibly naive, making very poor decisions, and being super sensitive and anxious since she was a young child. I wish she had taken a real break after DWAD ended and gotten some help - Britney has said several times that she was "running around like a chicken with its head cut off," "needed my mom and dad," was extremely overtired, and wanted everything to "just stop" after her break-up with Justin in 2002. And as she said in For the Record, she should've packed up and went to Louisiana after she filed for divorce in 2006. She married Jason Alexander and Kevin because she was soul searching and trying to resolve her issues in all the wrong ways.

The GIF you posted isn't her response to the question regarding being a victim of her success; she stated that she doesn't like the word "victim," leading the interviewer to agree that she's much stronger than that.

legendary response. literally couldn't have said it better myself. britney was simply taken advantage of in a money hungry, dog-eat-dog industry where she really became the first of her kind in unimaginable ways. the amount of success and public display she encountered at such a young age was something the world hadn't seen before and she essentially became bigger than herself. think about it, she was practically uprooted, all by herself, from the smallest of small towns to a mega-Hollywood superstar overnight. she never really had any family members, advisors or even much background in the arts to gradually guide her way. she said yes to too much, too young, and was guinea-pigged quite a lot through trial and error. personally, it's a big part of why I have so much respect for her. she was a one-woman show and worked so hard to get to where she was. if only the rest of the world who ever had/has the nerve to doubt her credibility as an artist saw her in the way us loyal fans know her as.  :( 

4 hours ago, Lilith said:

Britney has been unfairly in a c-ship that didn't really help her. Instead it kept her with her hands tied and without many options/freedom. In my honest opinion I believe that if her parents trully cared about her they would have tried to help her and support her instead of putting her in a state of "do this- don't do this- do that or else- this is good and this is bad" conservatorship, and in all these 10 years I believe Jamie and the involved lawyers/ppl in running that circus-cship have taken advantage of her/her wealth.
However Britney is in a very strong position where she has her own wealth and ppl by her side that will help her to get things straight, find out what's happening behind the scenes and make sure that the ppl that took advantage of her in any way, will be held accountable for their actions. She has nothing to fear at all and I'm sure she can do anything she has in mind! She's not helpless, all she needs is to have the right/good and professional ppl by her side to help her through this. :)

yeh but dont u think her PARENTS want the best for her? they did that to protect her sometimes parents do dumb things to protect their kids they thought she needed that like i agree with u she doesnt need that and she prolly never did but theyre not bad people theyre just protective 

• 2 months later...
On 3/8/2019 at 2:03 AM, Jaaaayku said:

yeh but dont u think her PARENTS want the best for her? they did that to protect her sometimes parents do dumb things to protect their kids they thought she needed that like i agree with u she doesnt need that and she prolly never did but theyre not bad people theyre just protective 

You're ?% right. Obviously they love her. That's her family. I simply think Jamie went about the wrong way to protect her by putting her in a Conservatorship. 

On 3/6/2019 at 7:36 AM, Urbanney said:

giphy.gif

Her success is what made her go through such a rough time. If she was less famous, a breakup, divorce, 24hr marriage, etc. would have been bad, but her fame made it at least 10x worse. She got burnt out from being so famous, tired of being controlled because people took advantage of her success and pushed her so hard, and it all led to her breakdown.

then she wasn't victim of her success but a victim of poor choices (not just hers), bad people surrounding her and the lame society we live in.

What I mean is, of course her life changed, but her essence didn't. Even after all the success by the time she married Kevin and had her kids she was still wanting the same simple life she was talking about back in the BOMT era when they used to ask her how did she see herself in a few years.

So yeah, if she was less famous those things wouldn't have been blown out of proportion. But why did fame and success have to be a negative thing? I think instead that if the world, the people, the media were more comprehensive and empathic, and less envious and it didn't irk us to see another person triumph in life, and if the people surrounding her were less greedy and weren't trying to take advantage of her, those things could've been avoided too. :yaknow:

Music, art, entertainment is something so beautiful, and so positive, and makes a lot of people so happy, I just don't understand why does it have to carry on so much negative stuff with it. :idkney:

Archived