What if Jamie was okay?

glorybitch

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, glorybitch said:

If jamie was okay, do you think they would have still cancelled dom/would have she still gone on a hiatus? It seems like this is more of a break for herself more then her dad which is very understandable but do you think it would have continued if he was okay? 

I believe she would still go on a hiatus? It's no secret that Domination sells weren't going that well, and with no new music coming out before the start of the residence, I suppose people mainly thought she would just perform the same songs just different outfits. There was really no it factor that would get people who are not fans to go, and let's not forget how much of a flop the announcement was. I think it was doomed from the start. I also think Britney is getting tired of performing the same songs over and over. Imagine having 8 (BJ is not Britney) albums and having to perform the same songs over and over, from when you were a teenager/young adult. I love old Britney, I love Primeney, but I feel like she didn't perform that many songs from Glory during POM? It must have demotivating for her. 

I don't know what excuse they would've used then. 

If really low sales was the problem, they would've done a different move, like, they wouldn't have cancelled the whole year, they would've given a new start date, like August or even 2020, but they would've given something, and start promoting the residency or a new album meanwhile.

What I mean is, it just doesn't make sense. Whenever she comes back, it's gonna be the same, an underwhelming announcement and little to no promotion. I don't know why or how she would sell more in a year or couple of years than what she was selling before she cancelled. She would have to release a super successful album/single or perform at something like the Super Bowl to draw attention, but we know any of that has zero chances of occurring. 

If low sales really was the reason, it's just so stupid, like when they scrapped BJ or Glory promotion just because their respective second singles flopped, due to their lack of promotion. It's exactly the same situation, they "announced" the new residency by what in terms of promotion would be the equivalent of whispering to someone that's wearing headphones at the highest volume, and they were expecting high sales? I really doubt it, that's why I still doubt that's why they cancelled.

3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

If really low sales was the problem, they would've done a different move, like, they wouldn't have cancelled the whole year, they would've given a new start date, like August or even 2020, but they would've given something, and start promoting the residency or a new album meanwhile.

What I mean is, it just doesn't make sense. Whenever she comes back, it's gonna be the same, an underwhelming announcement and little to no promotion. I don't know why or how she would sell more in a year or couple of years than what she was selling before she cancelled. She would have to release a super successful album/single or perform at something like the Super Bowl to draw attention, but we know any of that has zero chances of occurring. 

If low sales really was the reason, it's just so stupid, like when they scrapped BJ or Glory promotion just because their respective second singles flopped, due to their lack of promotion. It's exactly the same situation, they "announced" the new residency by what in terms of promotion would be the equivalent of whispering to someone that's wearing headphones at the highest volume, and they were expecting high sales? I really doubt it, that's why I still doubt that's why they cancelled.

Preach sis:checkit:

tbh, my new theory suggests that maybe she, herself, is dealing with either a significant health challenge that we don’t know of or she simply wanted to take a full 360 break from being on public display.

both valid reasons as there’s literally no other thing that I can think of as to why she’s been in hiding and has literally been gone missing for so long now.

52 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

You have a good point there, i have no idea what excuse they would've used then. I don't know, if it was just me but the new residency just rubbed me off the wrong way? I guess maybe it was due to the announcement, which i shouldn't have expected better coming from Team Britney but we can only hope for better things (even though good things always get scrapped). 

But also after it was announced that Domination was canceled, Nappytabs made some well... Not very kind tweets about it that made me think that things weren't going their way and there were issues happening behind the scenes? Or maybe i am just reading into things, but it was the vibe i got from what they wrote. The truth is we will never get an answer to this. We will never know exactly why, what was happening. Could Britney not be okay? Aside from being worried with her father, maybe she didn't feel well and just needs a break from the public eye. It makes me extremely angry and sad for her that as you said "Whenever she comes back, it's going to be the same" and it shouldn't be!!!!!!!!! She should have more control over her career - especially when it comes to songs and singles. She should have a supportive team behind her, not one that gives up on an album over a bad single. :wontcry:

1 hour ago, DignifiedLove said:

tbh, my new theory suggests that maybe she, herself, is dealing with either a significant health challenge that we don’t know of or she simply wanted to take a full 360 break from being on public display.

both valid reasons as there’s literally no other thing that I can think of as to why she’s been in hiding and has literally been gone missing for so long now.

She isn’t a well person although her condition may be fluid, sometimes good other times a challenge. Last summers tour it appeared as though Britney was going through struggles. I wouldn’t be surprised if she/they have her in treatment even if it’s out patient treatment where she can still live at home and be seen (when her team wants her to be seen) and she can continue visits with her sons. Britney has been in need of an indefinite hiatus from her career for at least as long as the cship has been active. I don’t care how long she’s off stage or not on social media. She needs to finally be allowed the time and space to really work on her recovery.

1 hour ago, chitchatney said:

You have a good point there, i have no idea what excuse they would've used then. I don't know, if it was just me but the new residency just rubbed me off the wrong way? I guess maybe it was due to the announcement, which i shouldn't have expected better coming from Team Britney but we can only hope for better things (even though good things always get scrapped). 

But also after it was announced that Domination was canceled, Nappytabs made some well... Not very kind tweets about it that made me think that things weren't going their way and there were issues happening behind the scenes? Or maybe i am just reading into things, but it was the vibe i got from what they wrote. The truth is we will never get an answer to this. We will never know exactly why, what was happening. Could Britney not be okay? Aside from being worried with her father, maybe she didn't feel well and just needs a break from the public eye. It makes me extremely angry and sad for her that as you said "Whenever she comes back, it's going to be the same" and it shouldn't be!!!!!!!!! She should have more control over her career - especially when it comes to songs and singles. She should have a supportive team behind her, not one that gives up on an album over a bad single. :wontcry:

I think the Nappytabs were just pressed because I suppose they only learned about the cancelation through Britney's social media post.

Probably they got a call from Larry later in the day, but before they were like, really pissed about all of their plans and whatever they got already, getting scrapped. Probably they even had rehearsals that day because conveniently all of the dancers were there for that reunion from the video they posted when they're telling them the news. 

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, chitchatney said:

I’m not even sure Britney knows what’s going on. For me, while she’s in the cship, it’s like they tell her where to stand and she’ll stand so during the announcement where they are pulling her away while she was trying to sign autographs and that puzzled look on her face as she looks back at the fans. I knew something sketchy was going on behind the scenes and the announcement of the cancellation or postponement confirmed it.

Archived