It would be SO easy for Britney to dominate right now

jamesedward94

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/3/2019 at 3:44 PM, jamesedward94 said:

Pop music is DEAD at the moment.

Why do you think that is? And what makes you think it’ll be easier for Britney to dominate when many other pop artists are struggling? As you said, Ariana is really the only pop artist who’s having success and it’s been like that for a long time. Other than that, pop has been dead for years while Hip Hop and Rap have become more popular. The “pop world” is on life support right now.

Just look at the past few years. Britney’s last album flopped Xtina flopped. Katy flopped. Even Taylor Swift, while her album sales were strong, her singles flopped.

15 hours ago, danny1994 said:

Why do you think that is? And what makes you think it’ll be easier for Britney to dominate when many other pop artists are struggling? As you said, Ariana is really the only pop artist who’s having success and it’s been like that for a long time. Other than that, pop has been dead for years while Hip Hop and Rap have become more popular. The “pop world” is on life support right now.

Just look at the past few years. Britney’s last album flopped Xtina flopped. Katy flopped. Even Taylor Swift, while her album sales were strong, her singles flopped.

Xtina flopped bc her album was not very commercial and it didn’t have great songs made for top 40 radio. She also doesn’t sing like she used to. Katy flopped bc her album was weird and not great. Taylor Swift had a few okay singles, but nothing on her recent album was as good as her previous work.

And we ALL know why Britney’s last album flopped. I fully believe if the original Make Me video and album photoshoot were released the era would’ve been soooo much better. I think Britney could still be a huge draw, she just hasn’t released anything spectacular since Femme Fatale.

6 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

And we ALL know why Britney’s last album flopped. I fully believe if the original Make Me video and album photoshoot were released the era would’ve been soooo much better. I think Britney could still be a huge draw, she just hasn’t released anything spectacular since Femme Fatale.

Of course that video caused the flop.  But I don't know how you can say Britney/her team didn't thoroughly deserve it.

She has been in the business for decades and they couldn't come up with a great, creative music video for the lead single?????

In truth we all know Britney should have had a different manager since after Circus (Just like Beyonce got rid of her dad) and out of at least one of the conservatorships since after the Circus era...IF she cared about her career.

She simply has to have new people in order to move forward. (If she wants to stay in the game)

Archived