It would be SO easy for Britney to dominate right now

The reality is that Britney could always dominate but it's clear that she does not care about her art anymore. People like to point out how fabricated her career was at the start but I feel that her career is more so fabricated now than it ever was. In her prime, she at least put on a face, she went out of her way to make things happen, today, it's the bare minimum and unfortunately, that won't get you far in this industry. She's officially become a nostalgia act...she's the next BSB and N-Sync.

• Like 1
On 3/3/2019 at 3:07 PM, Iceney said:

Well Little Monsters just managed to get Gaga a #1 by reaching a new low and lying to dumb locals that they'd get free starbucks and apple music when they stream shallow and take a pic of it :xfactorlook:

the oscars helped too though, but it makes it seem like she cant do it herself and the fanbase now looks desperate as well... :receipts2:

Can't do it herself? If there was enough buzz that Starbucks themselves made a public comment, then clearly she has a big enough fan base to support her success. After all, isn't success measured on how much reach you have? She clearly has more fans than others hence why she's successful. Sad to say that she seems to have a stronger and more loyal following than Britney at this point.

3 hours ago, Queenreba said:

Can't do it herself? If there was enough buzz that Starbucks themselves made a public comment, then clearly she has a big enough fan base to support her success. After all, isn't success measured on how much reach you have? She clearly has more fans than others hence why she's successful. Sad to say that she seems to have a stronger and more loyal following than Britney at this point.

She deserves. I love Britney but I wish she was more like Gaga sometimes. People want TF Gaga back, but even when she isn't pleasing so many fans or GP with eras like Joanne, she still takes risks to do smt different. Pop, Country, Jazz and even Rock and she gets into it every single time. Gaga is a good singer who plays instruments and tries to dance even tho she isn't good at, but we can see the effort tho. She is more concerned about evolving as an artist than being fit or perfect (I'm not talking about Britney but popstars in general) 

I remember how for a couple of years Gaga was kinda of forgotten by gp and then little by little since 2015 Oscars she has taken her place back. She began to do smart decisions like to star in AHS, to do good performances at the Oscars,  sang very well the national anthem then she was praised for her superbowl performance and so on. But her smartest move was ASIB. It was a risk but it paid off and both the film and soundtrack were commercially and critically successful. She is hot rn and has peaked again, so if she doesn't take too long to release her next album and do smt more "trendy" or different, she will continue to do good. 

Some years ago I thought she was running out with ideas with the whole artpop thing, but it feels like she is maturing as an artist. 

Also if you were part of the gp and only knew Britney for her bad performances, awkward xfactor, and odd behavior (Domination announcement) would you be in the slightest interested in her? She doesn’t sing live, she doesn’t really dance and she looks stiff and awkward most of the time. Why would you invest into Britney? We’re stans and love her because we follow her and light up at the rare moments when she shines but the gp misses that. 

• Like 1