It would be SO easy for Britney to dominate right now

jamesedward94

Pop music is DEAD at the moment.

No. pulse. detected.

All it would take is one incredible song with amazing production. A memorable and fierce music video would seal the deal. Almost any pop artist has the ability to be on top if they line their cards up right. 

Besides Ariana, no other pop star is doing ANYTHING remotely great, and even she is getting boring to me.

The pop world can be completely Britney’s again IF she wants it. I hope it happens again one day, but for now, one can dream!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Little Monsters just managed to get Gaga a #1 by reaching a new low and lying to dumb locals that they'd get free starbucks and apple music when they stream shallow and take a pic of it :xfactorlook:

the oscars helped too though, but it makes it seem like she cant do it herself and the fanbase now looks desperate as well... :receipts2:

9 minutes ago, Iceney said:

Well Little Monsters just managed to get Gaga a #1 by reaching a new low and lying to dumb locals that they'd get free starbucks and apple music when they stream shallow and take a pic of it :xfactorlook:

the oscars helped too though, but it makes it seem like she cant do it herself and the fanbase now looks desperate as well... :receipts2:

I read that as well! Is it true? 

1 hour ago, jamesedward94 said:

IF she wants it. 

She clearly doesn’t. Plus she’s on hiatus and she’s made it clear that all her career decisions are family-oriented. She knows exacty where she’s standing and what direction her career is gonna take (which is anything but dominating the pop scene)...

Taylor about to release Getaway Car as a single. I also heard that Taylor Swift will release new album soon. So that's enough for pop music. About Brit I feel like her music career ended. I mean she will release B10 but its gonna be for her fans. It's going to be like Glory era. She can be successful with someone like Calvin Harris. But it won't happen.

Her name doesn’t sell like that anymore. We are in 2019, not 2009. 

Britney could release another toxic and it wouldn’t do much unless Britney really  invested in it. 

I would love a promo track but they don’t care about music which is why she has little to no hype anymore. 

32 minutes ago, Dreamer26 said:

Taylor about to release Getaway Car as a single. I also heard that Taylor Swift will release new album soon. So that's enough for pop music. About Brit I feel like her music career ended. I mean she will release B10 but its gonna be for her fans. It's going to be like Glory era. She can be successful with someone like Calvin Harris. But it won't happen.

This. 

GC has been denied as a new single so far. I think Taylor will announce a new single really really soon. Her aesthetic for this new era looks very summer like. I think album will be out summer or she will surprise release it. 

Btw Gaga literally has been slaying since ASIB came out. It’s not from some weird push by fans. 

it wouldn't though. pop music is dead for a reason and that reason is the industry has evolved. the general public isn't here for commercialized pop music with explosive choruses anymore, like what we used to see, and unfortunately, britney's formula is very outdated. it's the main reason why many of the 80s, 90s and even 2000s pop girls fail to reach #1 anymore.

i can see her having some good success if she released a toxic 2.0, but she would have to be invested in her craft at 150%. from the looks of it though, she doesn't seem to really care. can it be done? sure, but it all comes down to her work ethic and how much ability she has to reformulate and reinvent her brand. 

like another user stated, i don't think she wants to be the it-girl anymore because for one, she's been there done that and second, it comes with a lot of media scrutiny and backlash. for now, i think britney's primary focus is living a private life without being on public display. something she hasn't been able to do in over 20 years. 

• Super Mods
On 3/3/2019 at 4:47 PM, DignifiedLove said:

it wouldn't though. pop music is dead for a reason and that reason is the industry has evolved. the general public isn't here for commercialized pop music with explosive choruses anymore, like what we used to see, and unfortunately, britney's formula is very outdated. it's the main reason why many of the 80s, 90s and even 2000s pop girls fail to reach #1 anymore.

i can see her having some good success if she released a toxic 2.0, but she would have to be invested in her craft at 150%. from the looks of it though, she doesn't seem to really care. can it be done? sure, but it all comes down to her work ethic and how much ability she has to reformulate and reinvent her brand. 

like another user stated, i don't think she wants to be the it-girl anymore because for one, she's been there done that and second, it comes with a lot of media scrutiny and backlash. for now, i think britney's primary focus is living a private life without being on public display. something she hasn't been able to do in over 20 years. 

That’s the thing, I know she can. Hypothetically, if given the chance she can make a Beyoncé impact and have everyone shook. She oozes charisma even when she is not trying, some people just have that it factor. So if she were to put her 100 percent in, we saw a little bit of it in 2016. She can make the new generation like her just like Beyoncé did, if only she was just as motivated and driven.

You look at songs like Without Me, Bad at Love, 7 Rings, even New Rules, the trend has been calmer chill pop and not Max Martin choruses and tempo changes.

I don't know if the answer for Britney is to chase that trend, or seek a IUSA/3 sequel and be all sexed out and throw in a feature by Drake.

She's let too much time go by not giving a **** that who the **** knows what the public wants from her, they don't want anything from her.

I do think she could pull the Selena / Dua strategy and start giving vocals on a ton of EDM collabs and go from there. It worked for Demi too.

Eh I think the biggest problem is simply the fact that Britney was so manufactured her entire career that she’s not truly an artist with something to say. No one wants immature *** songs with no depth. The only era she really broke out artistically was ITZ and it really payed off. She had pienty to say back then and her ****** content was so mature and had depth. Every televised performance since 2011 has been terrible and her lip syncing is so obvious it’s terrible. Where’s her musical integrity? Also the  XFactor wasn’t a great look for her either and other than that the public doesn’t really know her for much more than that in the past decade. That’s a lot of damage and it’s been ten years now. Her own fans aren’t happy. 2016 was a huge step in the right direction and unfortunately (IMO) she met a guy and made it more her focus. Britney is the face of what people can’t stand. Manufactured artistry. As I said she really grew with ITZ and then unfortunately due to her personal life became that manufactured star again instead of growing artistically. Glory was definitely a step up but ITZ still feels more mature. It might just be the fact that she’s a mom now and not as in tune as she once could be. Who knows. I still love her but I understand why she doesn’t sell anymore and I also understand why she’s unhappy. It’s pretty obvious she’s been made to do this for a long time. We all know this though.

Archived