Jump to content

While you guys want something "artistic"...


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Hiatus-ney said:

we dont need another record that sounds like a ***** toaster tbh, this would be a career regression - especially after Glory.

She should definitely work with Calvin or Duke Durmont for a summer smash though as a hype single, and influences from early 2000's dance would be sooo good. Visuals like this would slaaay 

 

You're obviously not a program director or club DJ because Glory was decidedly boring and ignored by every radio station and club in America as well as listeners around the world. People just didn't like it. 

 

Link to comment

lead single could be whatever, album wise gimme some Bonnie Raitt goodness.. I don't care what y'all say about pop artists going country, I want Britney the Southern Girl to let loose.. :cardi:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
36 minutes ago, Goku said:

She can do dance/pop bops but being artistic at the same time.

This weird conception of art in this fandom is weird, what the hell means to you "something artistic"? Let me guess, boring? not gay enough?

A precise direction in lyrics, sound, and visuals It's not what every fan should be looking for?

We have 9 albums full of meaningless bops about ***, why it's so hard for the gays to pretend something more, something really good, "something artistic"?

original.gif

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one on this site that believes in her real talent and true soul.

 

Considering her current situation, some people, perhaps, don't expect songs that are more concrete and relatable from her.

I will always love the "mysterious Original Doll- pre-Blackout- Blackout" period. I think  it's the most authentic and honest version of Britney we have seen through her music. We can see Britney's true personality : rebellious, courageous and against all forms of restriction, and she was able to speak about all the **** she was taking in her personal life through music.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

That’s so weird, I was in high school from 2000-2004 and I’ve never heard the song in the OP. Mind you, I wasn’t huge on pop, but I did regularly listen to the radio... but I think at this point I’d like to see Britney take her own direction, whether exhale considers it good or not.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Kisle said:

That’s so weird, I was in high school from 2000-2004 and I’ve never heard the song in the OP. Mind you, I wasn’t huge on pop, but I did regularly listen to the radio... but I think at this point I’d like to see Britney take her own direction, whether exhale considers it good or not.

Yeah, that is weird. We're the same class and It was on played in KIIS a lot. 

 

3 hours ago, Goku said:

 

This weird conception of art in this fandom is weird, what the hell means to you "something artistic"? Let me guess, boring? not gay enough?

A precise direction in lyrics, sound, and visuals It's not what every fan should be looking for?

We have 9 albums full of meaningless bops about ***, why it's so hard for the gays to pretend something more, something really good, "something artistic"?

 

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one on this site that believes in her real talent and true soul.

Huh? I literally have not a single gay friend and I have no clue what being gay has to do with wanting fun dance jams that are suitable for parties.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Well, a full artistic album would be ideal but I would be ok if at least she showed real interest in her own work no matter how artistic it is, it could either be something as plastic and generic as Work *****/Better or something real deep as Everytime. The fact she doesn't talk about her own work, the writing process, the recording, the mv shooting, all of these things that make you appreciate a song beyond from what you see/hear. 

 

On the other hand, something uptempo isn't necessarily bland or poor in quality, examples: 

60's Elvis, Jailhouse Rock 

70's the Bee Gees - Stayin Alive 

80's Madonna and MJ - Billie Jean/Like A Virgin 

90's Cher - Believe 

00's Britney - Toxic 

10's Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Goku said:

She can do dance/pop bops but being artistic at the same time.

This weird conception of art in this fandom is weird, what the hell means to you "something artistic"? Let me guess, boring? not gay enough?

A precise direction in lyrics, sound, and visuals It's not what every fan should be looking for?

We have 9 albums full of meaningless bops about ***, why it's so hard for the gays to pretend something more, something really good, "something artistic"?

original.gif

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one on this site that believes in her real talent and true soul.

I don’t even know what this means. 

What is artistic to you? I need examples. Art is different for everyone. Britney’s first four albums were art in my mind. 

A can of soup is art if the artist brings it to life. 

When I think of Britney getting meaningful I think of songs that would be bad to perform. Britney really has done it to herself by not singing live. If she sang I would be down for more songs like OD/BO reject type per say but why would I want that to see it lipped. 

Also Britney just lives life. I really don’t think she has much to say and there really isn’t anything to show any different. 

I personally want fun pop from Britney. Catchy sing along pop songs would be my dream for b10. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block