I still don't understand how Britney's work is underrated by the general public

Cedric

2 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

also, y'all should stop crediting "Blackout" as a way to prove Britney's artistry.. she literally only has 2 writing credits on that album ("Freakshow" and "Ooh Ooh Baby").. also, while she was executive producer, she didn't actually produce any of the tracks, I mean, realistically "In the Zone" and "Glory" are the closest thing we have to Britney the artist.. :mhmnod: 

Being an executive producer for an album is literally overseeing the entire thing, from cost/budget, to who you're working with, the direction the album will take, what tracks will be on the album in the end. Just because Britney didn't actually produce a song on the album doesn't mean anything, she literally oversaw the entire vision of what the album was going to be and it shows. That's why so many fans and critics still think to this day Blackout is one of her best/most artistic albums.

Oh, and FYI, JR Rotem confirmed she wrote the spoken rap part in Everybody, she just didn't take credit for it.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

People also bash her for her "******" lyrics and how "empty" her songs are but then you see Beyonce singing about ********, f**king around, ***, *******, dicks and stuff and the same people who bash Britney for being **** praise Beyonce, like wtf? :wyd:

Britney's songs have better lyrics (Toxic, BOMT, OIDIA, IAS4U) that are not that obvious. This **** though:

When he **** me good I take his *** to Red Lobster, 'cause I slay
When he **** me good I take his *** to Red Lobster, 'cause I slay
If he hit it right, I might take him on a flight on my chopper, 'cause I slay
Drop him off at the mall, let him buy some J's, let him shop up, 'cause I slay  

It's so unfair :juggingu:

Not forgetting 'SUCK ON MY BALLLZ' in Sorry. Like Bey, you're female... you don't have balls :mcorangu: 

5 hours ago, Cedric said:

Literally her most iconic moments are her ideas :lessons:

Beginning with the whole concept of ...Baby one more time's music video :lessons:

Following with Oops I did It Again's jumpsuit :lessons:

The white python for the 2001 VMAs :lessons:

The kiss between her and Madonna :lessons:

The whole concept of Toxic's music video:lessons:

BLACKOUT :lessons:

The general public doesn't give her enough credits and it's tiring, they keep referring to her as the dumb ***** who shaved her head in 2007 and who is still on ***** :lessons: UNBELIEVABLE.

In fact you answered yourself, the last epic thing Britney did was blackout. After that, she stopped caring about the music.

40 minutes ago, Isla. said:

Being an executive producer for an album is literally overseeing the entire thing, from cost/budget, to who you're working with, the direction the album will take, what tracks will be on the album in the end. Just because Britney didn't actually produce a song on the album doesn't mean anything, she literally oversaw the entire vision of what the album was going to be and it shows. That's why so many fans and critics still think to this day Blackout is one of her best/most artistic albums.

Oh, and FYI, JR Rotem confirmed she wrote the spoken rap part in Everybody, she just didn't take credit for it.

thanks for the info regarding "Everybody", I've never heard of that lil fun fact before.. :cardi: I'm aware of what an executive producer is and what one does but I still don't think it's that big of a deal compared to actually producing and writing.. maybe I'm just too cynical but IMO me putting together a playlist on Spotify is basically the same as Britney being an exec. minus all the business stuff.. am I an artist for putting together a themed playlist, naming it and slapping a piece of album art on it? sounds about the same to me.. :mhmnod: 

2 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

thanks for the info regarding "Everybody", I've never heard of that lil fun fact before.. :cardi: I'm aware of what an executive producer is and what one does but I still don't think it's that big of a deal compared to actually producing and writing.. maybe I'm just too cynical but IMO me putting together a playlist on Spotify is basically the same as Britney being an exec. minus all the business stuff.. am I an artist for putting together a themed playlist, naming it and slapping a piece of album art on it? sounds about the same to me.. :mhmnod: 

They just don't take songs and puts them in a tracklist. Britney wrote parts for unreleased songs of BO too, but that aside, she choose the people she wanted to work with, was part of the songs production and final result. Why do you think BJ was a piece of **** in the final version? Because Will.I.Am took the songs and finished the production, him being the result of having Body Ache, a song with not a single Britney take (because she never recorded unlike Work *****, even if the album version of WB doesn't have her vocals) and for the Alien glitch being there and not in the demo. The Executive Producer plays a bigger part than you think.

9 hours ago, #Brunetteney said:

The younger generation respects her :mhm: because I’d say we are a lot more liberal than older generations and more accepting of mental health issues and what Britney went through as a woman in the industry. I see a lot of my friends say how iconic she is and we weren’t even born to see it.  So I think as the years go on her legacy will be good, because more and more children will grow up respecting her. 

Idk. I read an exchange on twitter about Britney from 15 year olds and it was pretty sad. Someone was saying how influential Britney is and everyone was saying “don’t get bold with those claims” and “her music is trash except for womanizer”

i hate to say it but I think Britney won’t be respected until she dies. I think our society has improved substantially since 2007 in terms of understanding mental health (still have a long way to go but still) but it’s fascinating how in light of everything Britney is still laughed at for her mental breakdown. Amanda Bynes went through her whole deal and articles were released saying “we need to apologize to Amanda bynes” yet there’s nothing like that for Britney. I understand britneys was over 10 years ago but it’s not like her breakdown isn’t still culturally relevant.

20 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Well no, but to compare making and overseeing an album to making a Spotify playlist? Really? I mean at the end of the day it is your opinion, but I always saw being an executive producer of a project to be a big deal.

Archived