I still don't understand how Britney's work is underrated by the general public

Cedric

Literally her most iconic moments are her ideas :lessons:

Beginning with the whole concept of ...Baby one more time's music video :lessons:

Following with Oops I did It Again's jumpsuit :lessons:

The white python for the 2001 VMAs :lessons:

The kiss between her and Madonna :lessons:

The whole concept of Toxic's music video:lessons:

BLACKOUT :lessons:

The general public doesn't give her enough credits and it's tiring, they keep referring to her as the dumb ***** who shaved her head in 2007 and who is still on ***** :lessons: UNBELIEVABLE.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The younger generation respects her :mhm: because I’d say we are a lot more liberal than older generations and more accepting of mental health issues and what Britney went through as a woman in the industry. I see a lot of my friends say how iconic she is and we weren’t even born to see it.  So I think as the years go on her legacy will be good, because more and more children will grow up respecting her. 

People also bash her for her "******" lyrics and how "empty" her songs are but then you see Beyonce singing about ********, f**king around, ***, *******, dicks and stuff and the same people who bash Britney for being **** praise Beyonce, like wtf? :wyd:

Britney's songs have better lyrics (Toxic, BOMT, OIDIA, IAS4U) that are not that obvious. This **** though:

When he **** me good I take his *** to Red Lobster, 'cause I slay
If he hit it right, I might take him on a flight on my chopper, 'cause I slay
Drop him off at the mall, let him buy some J's, let him shop up, 'cause I slay  

It's so unfair :juggingu:

• Super Mods
15 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

People also bash her for her "******" lyrics and how "empty" her songs are but then you see Beyonce singing about ********, f**king around, ***, *******, dicks and stuff and the same people who bash Britney for being **** praise Beyonce, like wtf? :wyd:

Britney's songs have better lyrics (Toxic, BOMT, OIDIA, IAS4U) that are not that obvious. This **** though:

It pisses me off that people praise Beyoncé for being in command and how she’s more than just a typical popstar but like Britney has been doing that since day one. It makes me mad people don’t give her credit for her debut. No other popstar has done it like her where they were like no I’m gonna do it this way because I feel our target demographic responds better to a more relatable setting and let’s tie up our shirts to make it slightly edgy. Cuz I feel most popstars don’t really think about those things, they just want to be famous and the attention to be on them. She was thinking as an employee and what she can do to help them cuz we know pop music isn’t her number one choice. Tbh that story should be told in business classes as it was pretty smart move and till this day, it’s still iconic. The fact she inspires and assist in the writing process yet the GP still isn’t aware of that but knows Beyoncé has a hand in “writing” the songs is laughable. 

3 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

It pisses me off that people praise Beyoncé for being in command and how she’s more than just a typical popstar but like Britney has been doing that since day one. It makes me mad people don’t give her credit for her debut. No other popstar has done it like her where they were like no I’m gonna do it this way because I feel our target demographic responds better to a more relatable setting and let’s tie up our shirts to make it slightly edgy. Tbh that story should be told in business classes as it was pretty smart move and till this day, it’s still iconic. The fact she inspires and assist in the writing process yet the GP still isn’t aware of that but knows Beyoncé has a hand in “writing” the songs is laughable. 

Beyonce adds one word in an already written song (by 6 different writters) and she still gets credit for it :orangu:

• Super Mods
Just now, really really cool guy said:

Beyonce adds one word in an already written song (by 6 different writters) and she still gets credit for it :orangu:

I know a lot of artist does it like Rihanna and we know it’s just another way to make more money but what pisses me off is Beyoncé believed she’s a writer now and it pisses me off she goes onstage and say stuff like “I wrote this song in my darkest of times...” or some **** like that. I doubt she can put a verse together like Britney could because Britney often writes poetry, like I could believe she wrote it cuz some of the songs she’s been credited do sound poetic or that it could be poetry. 

25 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

Four writers for that mess :cackling: And don't even get me started on other songs on Lemonade :cackling: Like thirteen or fourteen writers for Hold Up :cackling:

18 minutes ago, IUSAtonight said:

The python wasn't her idea. She didn't even want to do it.

The kiss wasn't either. From what i recall Madonna was the one who suggested it

I was pretty sure for the python :/ But I am 100% sure that she was the one suggesting the kiss

1 hour ago, Cedric said:

Literally her most iconic moments are her ideas :lessons:

Beginning with the whole concept of ...Baby one more time's music video :lessons:

Following with Oops I did It Again's jumpsuit :lessons:

The white python for the 2001 VMAs :lessons:

The kiss between her and Madonna :lessons:

The whole concept of Toxic's music video:lessons:

BLACKOUT :lessons:

Yeah, sure! Her most important moments were her ideas ... They say ... Conveniently ... And of course, team's Britney and Britney herself wouldn't lie; they never did it

tenor.gif?itemid=10294651

This is not to discredit her, but I don't believe what they say :arianabye:

I'm 99% sure Beyonce pays critics to write the stuff they write.. I mean, seriously, a lot of the reviews talk about "Lemonade" being so personal and insightful yet she didn't write any of the songs.. things just don't add up.. :begone: wasn't Britney like one of the first major manufactured teen pop stars to hit it big? maybe I'm wrong but I can't think of any others before her.. that could explain why she was the primary target.. I mean, Britney is literally the EPITOME of the manufactured pop puppet.. also, y'all should stop crediting "Blackout" as a way to prove Britney's artistry.. she literally only has 2 writing credits on that album ("Freakshow" and "Ooh Ooh Baby").. also, while she was executive producer, she didn't actually produce any of the tracks, I mean, realistically "In the Zone" and "Glory" are the closest thing we have to Britney the artist.. :mhmnod: 

It's a shame because I think a lot of the GP see Britney as a lipsynching puppet without realising how much creative input she has actually had in her career. From writing and composing Everytime, to coming up with music video concepts, to being the executive producer of Blackout...

Archived