Defacing Britney

WilderWein

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To project America’s issues onto Britney was kind of dumb, but I completely understand why people did this :well:You have to remember, this was in November 2001 and the US still had fresh wounds from 9/11. There was so much sh** happening in the world even though it had been 2 months. And then you turn on the TV and see Britney everywhere promoting and people reporting every little thing she did like nothing mattered. So yes, for the general public (even though this was primeney era), I think they were kind of fed up. There were bigger things going on in the world than what Britney was doing. So I kind of agree with them, AT THAT TIME Britney was everything wrong with American culture and the way we fabricate perfect lives and beauty through the media. That’s not her fault though and I don’t think people should’ve acted like she was the sole cause of every issue.

I mean, they were also sick of Britney-- she was overexposed. This wasn't all just America taking its frustration about its country out on her, they were tired of seeing her face everywhere. This is when many say things started turning for her. She was still on top, but a lot of the public wanted her to fall by the end of the Britney era.

36 minutes ago, IUSAtonight said:

So some teens draw over her posters. Big deal. I'm sorry but this isn't something so out of the ordinary. I used to draw over faces in my history books in school all the time, didn't mean i hated the person. It's just dumb kids feeling edgy and bored

no one said it's a big deal, it's just a thing I came across and shared.

7 hours ago, WilderWein said:

brit4.jpg

https://mrbellersneighborhood.com/2001/11/defacing-britney

Saw this article... kind of pathetic all the stuff they drew and did to her posters. Also so damn typical all the things they did to it. This picture in particular. Beaten up with a ***** ******* into her mouth... 

“It’s weird like, you can see the cruelest part of the world. The cruelest part. But then on the other side you see the most beautiful part, do you know? And it’s like you go from one extreme to the next and they’re both worth it, because you wouldn’t see one without the other. But that cruel part, is damn cruel and you’ll never forget it. But that heaven…is heaven.”

:forkit:

• Content Curators
9 hours ago, WilderWein said:

brit4.jpg

https://mrbellersneighborhood.com/2001/11/defacing-britney

Saw this article... kind of pathetic all the stuff they drew and did to her posters. Also so damn typical all the things they did to it. This picture in particular. Beaten up with a ***** ******* into her mouth... 

This looks like something Id do in 8th grade

just a bunch of teenage boys 

Archived