[Video] Fun clip of Britney (not) talking about auditioning for 'The Notebook'

jennyj

Omg this interview is so cute.  You can tell she REALLY wanted that role opposite to Ryan Gosling.  As much as I would love that, Rachel McAdams nailed that role.  I would totally love to see Brit in another love story though!

(There's 2 clips in this post.. he really digs in the 2nd one lol)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Anibalto said:

The post says that Ryan confirmed that he screen tested with her but she said in the interview that she didn't screened just read it. So...

tenor.gif

I'm sure she did... You can tell she was lying when she said no.  I'm sure she felt embarrassed or maybe wasn't allowed to say.  You can tell the guy wanted to her to slam Rachel, but she was respectful to her and loves her. :) 

15 minutes ago, Anibalto said:

The post says that Ryan confirmed that he screen tested with her but she said in the interview that she didn't screened just read it. So...

tenor.gif

1:09

Maybe she screen tested with him after that interview? That interview was in early 2002 and the movie came out in 2004, so maybe she thought at the time they have already picked someone but they didn't? And then they asked her to read with Ryan but she didn't get the part anyway? Or maybe they picked someone, didn't worked out and then they screen tested with another women, Britney included? 

Many famous actresses wanted that part like Reese, Ashley Judd and Jessica Biel and Rachel was not known yet at that point. She became famous after that movie and in the interview Britney says the girl is an amazing actress but how could she knew that about Rachel in 2002 when nobody knew who she was at that time? 

1 minute ago, Dirk said:

so maybe reese?

omg just imagine britney in that movie they should totally leak something from this

Or even Ashley. She used to do many movies years ago. Idk what happened to her tho. 

I'd love to see her reading parts with Ryan. Imagine if they did that movie together, they would probably have dated (Ryan only dates his co stars and he used to have a crush on Britney) and Kfed wouldnt have happened. 

Idk how Britney chose ramen noodle over Ryan. She always had the worse taste ever 

1 hour ago, Bundy said:

1:09

Maybe she screen tested with him after that interview? That interview was in early 2002 and the movie came out in 2004, so maybe she thought at the time they have already picked someone but they didn't? And then they asked her to read with Ryan but she didn't get the part anyway? Or maybe they picked someone, didn't worked out and then they screen tested with another women, Britney included? 

Many famous actresses wanted that part like Reese, Ashley Judd and Jessica Biel and Rachel was not known yet at that point. She became famous after that movie and in the interview Britney says the girl is an amazing actress but how could she knew that about Rachel in 2002 when nobody knew who she was at that time? 

You're right, Rachel wasn't famous at 2002, her fisrt "mayor" movie was "The Hot Chick", Britney was talking about another girl and I bet it was Reese. 

16 hours ago, Anibalto said:

You're right, Rachel wasn't famous at 2002, her fisrt "mayor" movie was "The Hot Chick", Britney was talking about another girl and I bet it was Reese. 

And she only did two flop movies before the hot chick. The hot chick came out in December 2002, that interview was in early 2002, she was still filming her cameo in Austin powers who was released in July 2002.

And if I'm not mistaken the director, I think Nicholas sparks wanted an unknown actress. I think I've read about him wanting Rachel for that reason as well. 

11 hours ago, Sparks said:

This is probably my favorite Britney interview ever. She used to be sooo comfortable. But yeah it's crazy to think that she could have been the lead in that movie! Can yall imagine? I think she would have done a great job. 

She would have done amazing BUT I feel that the Rachel McAdams portrayed the character excellent and is probably a more stronger actress in terms of versatility.  I still think Britney could have pulled it off, she had lots of experience acting fierce during music videos and performances.  It's not the same as acting with talking though.  I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see her doing a romantic movie now though or even a romantic comedy if anything!  :)

Archived