Was this the best thing to come out of the Femme Fatal Tour?

BritneysBitch82

I think this my favorite Gimme More performance. The remix, as most remixes do, doesnt take away from the original. That moving carriage entrance is epic ... The dancers black and gold costumes are so much better than Britneys. Britney doesn't do much except strike stiff poses, but it kind of goes with the whole "Queen thing" of doing the least amount of work while the subjects scamper around for her.
Im just not loving her outfit and those shoes she wore, but i guess they thought they were practical because she had them in every color. I think the Fantasty Twist commercial outfit would have been better.

https://i.gifer.com/Vn4n.gif

But other than that... The highlight of a very underwhelming show

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was gonna be about this

dd11be3cd80eec4cd1a307e7feb56fd0.gif

Uhm, yeah, actually it was until the FFT, for this performance that I kinda started to tolerate Gimme More after hating it since it came out. Before this, the only thing I could see in my mind when listening to GM was either the horrible videoclip or that VMA's performance.

Years later, the POM show gave us an even better rendition of the song.

But I think Slave was nice too because she kinda tried to do the original choreo.

I thought it was the type of big performance that Vegas should have had. It created a whole new world on that stage.. she needs a solid show full of performances like that- it was solid. I also loved her breakdown/outfit and performance of how I roll. It was giving me Beyoncé vibes which I never thought I would get from her...

4 hours ago, Coopy said:

I thought it was the type of big performance that Vegas should have had. It created a whole new world on that stage.. she needs a solid show full of performances like that- it was solid. I also loved her breakdown/outfit and performance of how I roll. It was giving me Beyoncé vibes which I never thought I would get from her...

This was definitely ahat Vegas should have been about. I think everytime and Toxix were the only ones who came close. 

Loved How I Roll, but her outfit was a little :ehidk:for me. I wish she wore something similar to her dancers i guess 

5 hours ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

I think this my favorite Gimme More performance. The remix, as most remixes do, doesnt take away from the original. That moving carriage entrance is epic ... The dancers black and gold costumes are so much better than Britneys. Britney doesn't do much except strike stiff poses, but it kind of goes with the whole "Queen thing" of doing the least amount of work while the subjects scamper around for her.
Im just not loving her outfit and those shoes she wore, but i guess they thought they were practical because she had them in every color. I think the Fantasty Twist commercial outfit would have been better.

But other than that... The highlight of a very underwhelming show

Absolutely yes. As much as I hate the whole era, this was simply genius. As others said Vegas definitely called for something like this, and the treatment one of her most iconic songs received was really subpar.

1 hour ago, MyQueenBritney said:

The one thing I loved about the Femme Fatale tour was that she performed so many of the songs from the album.

She didn’t perform Inside Out or Criminal though which is a crime in itself. 

Also I always loved this performance, the whole Egyptian theme was cool and the remix was great.

1 hour ago, studlygeorge said:

I really love her cover of Burning Up lol

do we know if the cover was originally intended for the album? Or was it simply made for the tour? It sounds like it could fit right on tbh

I think it was just for the tour. Britney did record a studio version of it though.

2 minutes ago, Isla. said:

I think it was just for the tour. Britney did record a studio version of it though.

I don't think it was meant for an album tbh. Her vocals sound the same as the S&M remix, I think they were recorded during the same days, and that was after the album was released (imo). 

10 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

Absolutely yes. As much as I hate the whole era, this was simply genius. As others said Vegas definitely called for something like this, and the treatment one of her most iconic songs received was really subpar.

I imagine the tour was probably brilliant on paper. Tge setlist was great. I loved the entire gold section. And the Marilyn Monroe bit was a great idea. It just didn't translate that well on stage as with most of the show. 

4 minutes ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

I imagine the tour was probably brilliant on paper. Tge setlist was great. I loved the entire gold section. And the Marilyn Monroe bit was a great idea. It just didn't translate that well on stage as with most of the show. 

There's no big mystery here tho, it's all crystal clear: Britney was a completely mess, looking and performing the worst she ever did through all her career. I feel so sorry for her :crying1: Not even all show technology and the best directors in the business could save that mess.

Archived