If Britney owns her narrative will it ruin her career

MyAccountGotBanned

7 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

No, if anything — it’s long overdue. We live in an era where realness and raw emotion is highly valued unlike the 2000s and late 1990s where celebrity culture was more manufactured. Unfortunately, Britney and her PR team is still stuck in the late 90s and 2000s manufactured mindset that selling her product and milking it for everything it’s worth will guarantee success, which is not the case anymore as Britney has not only failed to evolve into her own as an artist, but she has failed to reinvent herself in today’s popular culture.

In some sense, it’s not her fault as she burned herself so quick by the fire she lit, but you’d think after so many years, she would be more confessional with her craft and as an artist. But to answer your question — no it wouldn’t ruin or downgrade her career. If anything, it would make her even more relatable and personable. 

I agree with this 100%. I would love to see the authentic Britney Jean Spears on an album. I think ultimately it wouldn't produce smash hits but it would give her more artistic credibility and make herself more relatable. It doesn't have to be a confessional type of album but it would be great to see her as a multi-dimensional person who has something to say. Shawn Mendes has a song about anxiety called "In My Blood" and it isn't this overtly personal song. MJ, Janet and Madonna all had bops that were pure fun songs but they did venture into different topics like "Man in The Mirror," "Like A Prayer" and "What About Us." FF & Glory were mostly about ***. Britney the person is so much more than a ***-bot. She has produced some of the sexiest songs of all time (even one about threesomes) and I'm not sure she can even top them.  The fans love her because of her silly personality. I wish that would shine in her music. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

We live in an era where realness and raw emotion is highly valued unlike the 2000s and late 1990s where celebrity culture was more manufactured.

We don't really, though. Everything is fake. The images people portray on social media are an illusion. Artists are still completely manufactured. And music was a lot more raw back then than it is now. The majority of mainstream music now is the same **** over and over with zero substance, everyone is doing and saying the same thing. They all look the same, sound the same, can't have their own opinions. It's a generation of laziness and ignorance. :watrusayin:

14 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

I wouldn’t mind her talking about her struggles. Not in that way though... it would go over poor. 

Britney plays the victim (which she was) but if she would say what you said it opens the door for ppl to be less easy on her. Plus it opens for a huge amount of other questions. Being in the cship actually has helped Britney. 

Ppl use Demi’s overdose to say mean ****.  Might as well not draw attention to stuff tbh 

I wouldn't say being in a conservatorship for so long  has helped her. Yeah it saved her life back then, but it forfeited her freedom, it destroyed her personality and forced her to regress as a human being in exchange.

17 hours ago, Hiatus-ney said:

She needs to do it. Every interview she does it's like the elephant in the room. Although apparently she tried to open up on JR UK and her team shut her down. This girl is not free she needs to sack all their ***** and hire people who look out for her artistry and not use her as a cash cow. Although the fact she hasn't done this makes me believe she is happy with her current arrangement.

Britney has always been a rebellious soul. She has been trying to take control of her life -her whole life-  and it's something she has even less today. Imagine the feeling. She may accept it as a way of life but I doubt she is happy with it.

Archived