Are you here for Reggueatoney?

emmagphoto

So.... I found on another thread a HIAM Reggueaton mix (trash :jj:) so I looked up on YT for some other mixes

Being a latin stan, I thing this would bring huge attention to her on the Latin American market... however I have a hate/love relationship with this music gender... Beats and music is cool and faded and a little bit urban, however lyrics wise I find this music so basic and misogyny... but a nice song with good lyrics and cool beat should be good? Share your thoughts sistrens... I'm just bored at work lol

Spoiler

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, that would be awful.

Sadly, many Latin artists that used to be pop/rock are now falling into the reggaeton trend. Reggaeton as a curse to Latin music it's like rap with the English market right now. 

The urban curse :ugh:

There is this song by Fey, No Te Necesito which is reggaeton influenced, or I don't even know anymore if it's considered reggaeton, but it sounds good because it has Fey's pop/electronic touch. But since Fey isn't popular anymore, it just wasn't that successful :whatitellu: 

I just don't want more artists to do reggaeton, and that includes Britney. 

Hell f**king NO. :nonoNO:

That would be cheap af, Im actually glad that Pitbull collab never happened. She not only needs a hit by herself, she also needs something fresh and artistic that portrays her side as a true artist, something as great as In The Zone, Ray Of Light, Back To basics, Confessions on a dancefloor, ofc she will always stick to her pop roots but even that way Im sure she and the producers she works with can come up with something greater than a 50th version of Despacito. :trash:

1 hour ago, DignifiedLove said:

Reggaeton is very mid-to-late 2000s. i wouldn't mind a latin trap record though with a bad bunny, maluma, or j balvin feature tbh. 

This might be true for the USA, but, in the Latin market is huge, and like, the only thing you hear on discos. It's awful, but if she releases a reggaeton song as a single, maybe people on the Latin Market would love it.

That being said, I would probably hate the song and never hear it, but that's on me not liking that "genre" or misogonist lyrics. I don't care if the song is about ***, but they couldn't be any more classy about it. "Pégala, azótala" aggg. I would rather hear someone says "Respira encima mío" or "el toque de mi mano" than "Dame duro contra el muro".

1 hour ago, emmagphoto said:

Being a latin stan, I thing this would bring huge attention to her on the Latin American market... 

You as a latin stan don't know "Latin American Market" could care less about Britney trying reggaetón? She's not Shakira or whatever in that matter. She's a pop act and should stay that way. If Britney does reggaetón, that would be the epitome of thirsty for a try hard hit 100 years later when it's not even that popular anymore. :deadbanana:

Trap is the thing right now, and that's like an upgraded version of reggaetón. 

tumblr_ni084m0Zkc1s86zvuo1_400.jpg

3 minutes ago, DexWillBeThere98 said:

That being said, I would probably hate the song and never hear it, but that's on me not liking that "genre" or misogonist lyrics. I don't care if the song is about ***, but they couldn't be any more classy about it. "Pégala, azótala" aggg. I would rather hear someone says "Respira encima mío" or "el toque de mi mano" than "Dame duro contra el muro". 

Cierto. Las canciones de reggaeton son vulgares a más no poder :orangu: Me mato si Britney llega a hacer algo como eso :meltdown:

1 minute ago, Lemon Drop said:

Cierto. Las canciones de reggaeton son vulgares a más no poder :orangu: Me mato si Britney llega a hacer algo como eso :meltdown:

Si hace una así, espero que sea algo más como ella suele cantar, y no las letras horribles de ese género. Debo decir que recién me puse a escuchar ese mix de Boys/Slave que el OP puso y no está tan mal como pensé. Tiene ese ritmo de reguetón antiguo y no el actual, aunque sería mejor sin las voces de "DJ esto"

Archived