Why do people hate the beat goes on?

Brunetteknee

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because most of her fans (in Exhale though) tend to prefer her mainstream/gayfriendly/up-tempo/**** songs, and they like to believe that all the fans think the same.

While there is another part of her audience (who is not necessarily on the fan forums) who enjoy more her ballads, her romantic side, or when she's more ""experimental"".

Because it's a really boring and repetitive song, and out of all of the songs she could've covered I'll never understand why she chose that one, or why she kept performing it till the Oops tour :wontcry:

It's not that bad compared to, let's say, Blackout, but compared to the rest of BOMT it really stands as one of the worst, or "least good" from that album. :yaknow:

I like the song, but I don't have it on my iPod cause it's too repetitive and I prefer the tour shorter version.

Also, while I like it, I think it shouldn't have been included in the Oops! Tour and "Can't Make You Love Me" could've been the one to be performed instead, or maybe they could've performed "I Will Be There" instead on the Bedroom section.

after listening to BOMT album in full a couple weeks ago for the first time in years, I actually realized TBGO isn't as bad as a lot of us make it seem. very experimental and had elements of space-funk, like an instrumental you would hear on an OutKast album. it's not something i'd listen to voluntarily but it's a cute lil bop. always wish she recorded an official version of Open Arms with 1998ney vocals instead tho. 

18 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

after listening to BOMT album in full a couple weeks ago for the first time in years, I actually realized TBGO isn't as bad as a lot of us make it seem. very experimental and had elements of space-funk, like an instrumental you would hear on an OutKast album. it's not something i'd listen to voluntarily but it's a cute lil bop. always wish she recorded an official version of Open Arms with 1998ney vocals instead tho. 

:mhm: yeah, it's not a bad song by any means, but I just listen to it when it comes up on shuffle and I'm too distracted to change the song. 

This is an example of how good vocals isn't everything to make a good song. It's the overall sound what defines if a song is good or not at the end, and that includes the melody, the rhythm, the instrumentals, and the lyrics in the sense of how they sound, sonically. 

I always say it, there are repetitive songs that work, like Womanizer, and then there's other songs, like The Beat Goes On or Get Back that just result obnoxious if you're not in the mood. 

And I wish she recorded Material Girl instead. Or I Have Nothing.

Archived