Britney should do Eurovision, instead of the Superbowl

MmmDani

Not only does the super bowl halftime show get heavily scrutinised by the media, the 2018 the total viewers was 7% down from 2017 and this year it got worse (2017 - 111.3 / 2018 - 103.4 / 2019 - 98.2). She would be criticised for whatever she did there, great or not. She would also be attacked for supporting the NFL when they’re in big controversy right now.

Eurovision 2018 had 186 million viewers, making it (once again) the world’s largest televised music event. Justin Timberlake performed Can’t Stop The Feeling there in 2016 (massively boosting sales). I think, now would be the perfect time to do a 13 or so minute Eurovision “Half-Time” show. It’s the perfect way to avoid controversy, avoid major scrutiny, gain more viewers and be seen as a visionary for “creating” The Eurovision “half-time” show.  The performance could take place after the contestants, while voting is occurring. Appearing as a neutral party, to avoid being accused of bias towards another country

Also, if she’s dropping an album at the end of the year, it gives a few months to get a second single out. Eurovision would be an incredible career move

Thoughts?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love and hate this idea 

I love Eurovision I watch every year and vote but I actually hate that Justin timberlake did it a few years ago (+ he hardly actually sang)

its eurovision and I think sending in Americans for the half time is going to destroy it and make it world vision and also ruin how fun and stupid it is. 

Also the half time is meant to celebrate that countries culture and art and whatever for the rest of Europe so they learn about that country. - as being from the UK we don’t even listen to music from other countries really (and no one in the UK watches it really compared to the rest of Europe) 

it’s a nice idea but ruins what Eurovision is. It was made after the war to bring Europe together every year so there’s less ammonisity (despite how controversial and political it is every year it’s still a bit of fun)

3 hours ago, Stifler's Mom said:

Not good.

Eurovision is European, Britney is not.

Eurovision is all about singing live, Britney would be the least to be picked up.

Europeans locals won't really care, more likely will shade for all the previous reasons.

European + Israel + Australia :cutesybrit:

Europeans love eurovision, its one big party, where there is almost no hate :pumped:

It's demanded that all artist sings live. Both lead vocals and background vocals has to be done live. I don't know about the acts in between, but it wouldn't make sense that anyone could use playback:whatitellu:.

And no matter how much I love Britney, that is just not going to happen. She couldn't even sing glory tracks live in pom and those are close to her natural voice :girlwhat: I don't want her to make more of a fool of herself. It's honestly embarassing that she's lipping to 20 year old vocals. She should come back to Vegas when she's ready to rock on - I expect at least new prerecorded vocals or  few songs live. She needs to find out what she wants and how she want it done. Britney don't  need Eurovision and Eurovision doesn't need her, it's just not a good match. Sorry <3

13 hours ago, Stifler's Mom said:

Not good.

Eurovision is European, Britney is not.

Eurovision is all about singing live, Britney would be the least to be picked up.

Europeans locals won't really care, more likely will shade for all the previous reasons.

9 hours ago, JustLoveMe<3 said:

European + Israel + Australia :cutesybrit:

Europeans love eurovision, its one big party, where there is almost no hate :pumped:

2 hours ago, Cwazy said:

I'm sure that if even JT and other boring artists have done the SB, Britney has been offered to do it on the condition that she sings live and she's turned it down, which is why we will probably never see that happen. The playback needs to die.

Justin Timberlake did Eurovision with can’t stop the feeling. It has nothing to do with geographic location for a star entertainer. 

17 hours ago, Mystic Womaney said:

- as being from the UK we don’t even listen to music from other countries really (and no one in the UK watches it really compared to the rest of Europe) 

omg thats so true.. i lived in the U.K for two years and last year i was so excited to watch Eurovision again and people literally didnt give 2 f*cks for it like at all. Dont know if Brexit was also the problem? but i was surprised that nobody cared about Eurovision :umomg:

6 minutes ago, BritBreakitDown20 said:

omg thats so true.. i lived in the U.K for two years and last year i was so excited to watch Eurovision again and people literally didnt give 2 f*cks for it like at all. Dont know if Brexit was also the problem? but i was surprised that nobody cared about Eurovision :umomg:

I am Italian and I have never watched Eurovision. I think it’s so boring 

Archived