Britney Spears invited to be in Dumb Blonde by Avril

2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I bet they are, and will be worse without music videos at the time of the release :lessons: 

The days of the 14 teasers for a music video are over. 

Substitute by Snapchat and IG commercials. I want back my childhood.. in fact I'm back to following the Spice..

The first real meltdown. Geri left the band. Goodbye. Appears a wild Brit followed by X.. 

They played on fact that we were on Crisis.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol that rumor is so ridiculous. Avril is just a little less awkward than Britney so i can only imagine how cringy they would act together.

It pains me but i kinda hate the song. The verses are ok but the chorus is bad. Nicki doesn't add anything imo. She must have done her verse in 2 minutes :wontcry:

At least she's trying. I hope theyll make at least a good mv. When will Britney release more than 2 singles per album

1 hour ago, CuriousGirl91 said:

Substitute by Snapchat and IG commercials. I want back my childhood.. in fact I'm back to following the Spice..

The first real meltdown. Geri left the band. Goodbye. Appears a wild Brit followed by X.. 

They played on fact that we were on Crisis.

lol I remember it was such a big deal that Geri left, but I actually like Holler a lot. I think it's my favorite Spice Girls song (besides Wannabe).

Geri became a completely different person since she went blonde. 

21 hours ago, Anibalto said:

That ***** doesn’t deserve Britney cameo in a stupid video, Dumb Blonde? Why this ***** is always so pressed with beauty, successfully and more relevant women than her. She’s a blonde too, a very stupid tho for pretending to be a manly/smart girl when everybody knows that in reality she was so jealous of all the millennials pop girls. 

:well: this! Avril was alway so salty and mean when she was talking about Britney! :ehno: and Avril laughing at Britney's performance at 2003 (Iconic) VMAs!? :badthoughts::badthoughts: Like she thought she was any better :oknolol: with that "Im so punk!" CRINGE! :demi::ohreallylol:

What happened to her "I'm so edgy" act? :chershade: She is both blonde and dumb :chershade: Next :chershade:

18 minutes ago, Lukass1896 said:

:well: this! Avril was alway so salty and mean when she was talking about Britney! :ehno: and Avril laughing at Britney's performance at 2003 (Iconic) VMAs!? :badthoughts::badthoughts: Like she thought she was any better :oknolol: with that "Im so punk!" CRINGE! :demi::ohreallylol:

Obviously envious of Brit :beysip: The Legendary Miss Britney Spears remains unbothered :bbmaney:

18 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I watched a performance of Girlfriend she uploaded relatively recently, and she looked so miserable, like she rather die instead of performing that. She did it ok, but her attitude was that from a person who's seeing their cat die or something.

I think she's gone through stuff and she just can't go to that old attitude she used to have in the past. But yeah, her new music can't compete anymore.

It's the same case as Britney, and it's what I always say. You can't disappear from the music scene for years and then come back 45 years later pretending to still have the place you used to have. You definitely can't reappear with the same old music, but presenting a new sound is 99% likely to fail. The artist either get bashed or magically gains a new fanbase if they're really lucky. 

That's why I say it's so important to keep releasing stuff, even if it's not that great, but just to remind people that they're still there. If Avril or Britney kept releasing, at the very least, one single per year, that would've created the illusion that they're still "current", they're still doing stuff, even if it's not as good as their old music, but, that kinda gives them permission to put something great, eventually. People would always be waiting for their yearly single, until finally a proper era happens. But otherwise, they wanna come out of nowhere, and the new generations aren't here for these unknown (to them) singers from the last decade. 

Haven't heard the new song in full though :umok: 

I completely agree. I’ve been saying the same thing. 

Not even music but things. Netflix specials etc. to keep your name out there.

Britney is so out of the business at this point. I really don’t see how her music will do well. There is no way... 

That’s what I thought Vegas would be. A consistent performance venue but Britney would be doing stuff all five years her and there and she would try new things and challenge herself but she did known of that. 

2 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

I completely agree. I’ve been saying the same thing. 

Not even music but things. Netflix specials etc. to keep your name out there.

Britney is so out of the business at this point. I really don’t see how her music will do well. There is no way... 

That’s what I thought Vegas would be. A consistent performance venue but Britney would be doing stuff all five years her and there and she would try new things and challenge herself but she did known of that. 

Yeah, when Vegas started I was totally expecting to have these lengthy eras because, at the beginning it was gonna be two years, so I thought, the "Britney Jean" era is gonna last two years, at least, so that's plenty of time to release lots of singles, and videoclips, because she has the excuse of the residency. They promised in IABJ that they would keep adding BJ songs to POM as time went by, so it made sense to me.

Instead, it ended up being the era with the least amount of singles. 2014 with no new Britney music (new to the GP) was the first strike. Then, 2015, with only PG, big mistake too, that could've been repaired a little bit with a music video for Tom's Diner, but no, so that was like 2 or 3 strikes more. Then Glory was basically the same as BJ in terms of singles, and 2017 was just like 2014. Had they released more Glory singles throughout 2017, when she was still active, her hiatus today wouldn't feel as bad, because the drought would be so much less.

I know she is the queen of comebacks, but I think you can only come back too many times. Maybe the media will make a big deal about it, when it eventually happens, but the main consumers, which are teens, won't be shook by anything she does anymore, unless a miracle happens.

23 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Avril Lavigne? Thank u, next. She used to call Britney a dumb blond and then she turned into one.

It's still nice that she reconciliated with her and now /allegedly/ wants to invite her in her M/V about a song that attacks the "dumb blonde" stereotype.
She is admitting that Britney actually isn't one so we can take it as a compliment!

48 minutes ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

omg I just was on Jimmy Fallon and saw Avril Lavigne perform live for my first time ever!

I was surprised and kind of relieved she didn't perform Dumb Blonde

She performed Head Above Water in one take and it was AMAZING. She really is so underrated as a vocalist, her voice is unique and strong as ever.

I'm listening Dumb Blonde for the second time, and I think I'm liking it even more :haha:

The fact that Britney has me so thirsty has a lot to do too :P

It reminds me of something, like the intro of some 90's series, but I can't tell what

16 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I'm listening Dumb Blonde for the second time, and I think I'm liking it even more :haha:

The fact that Britney has me so thirsty has a lot to do too :P

It reminds me of something, like the intro of some 90's series, but I can't tell what

honestly... i just cannot stand the post chorus... it's so obnoxious to me!

it sounds like something that would be in a kids show like for 6 year olds.

who knows though maybe it will grow on me

super happy to see she's working with Lauren Christy again tho, one of the masterminds behind Complicated, Sk8er Boi and her greatest song ever... I'M WITH YOU

Archived