Britney Spears invited to be in Dumb Blonde by Avril

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Avatar said:

She always did pop. Her gimmick was pretending like it was different because she wasn’t girly and doing choreography. 

It was pop rock but now she has completely lost the rock part. The rock part is what made her stand out and her first two albums are still solid to this day. 

She cant compete with the music she releases now. P!nk does the “I don’t follow stereotypes attitude” better. I think she should go back to her roots. 

1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

It was pop rock but now she has completely lost the rock part. The rock part is what made her stand out and her first two albums are still solid to this day. 

She cant compete with the music she releases now. P!nk does the “I don’t follow stereotypes attitude” better. I think she should go back to her roots. 

I watched a performance of Girlfriend she uploaded relatively recently, and she looked so miserable, like she rather die instead of performing that. She did it ok, but her attitude was that from a person who's seeing their cat die or something.

I think she's gone through stuff and she just can't go to that old attitude she used to have in the past. But yeah, her new music can't compete anymore.

It's the same case as Britney, and it's what I always say. You can't disappear from the music scene for years and then come back 45 years later pretending to still have the place you used to have. You definitely can't reappear with the same old music, but presenting a new sound is 99% likely to fail. The artist either get bashed or magically gains a new fanbase if they're really lucky. 

That's why I say it's so important to keep releasing stuff, even if it's not that great, but just to remind people that they're still there. If Avril or Britney kept releasing, at the very least, one single per year, that would've created the illusion that they're still "current", they're still doing stuff, even if it's not as good as their old music, but, that kinda gives them permission to put something great, eventually. People would always be waiting for their yearly single, until finally a proper era happens. But otherwise, they wanna come out of nowhere, and the new generations aren't here for these unknown (to them) singers from the last decade. 

Haven't heard the new song in full though :umok: 

Archived