TIME TO REVERSE IT!..What was it like for the youngee Britney fans who missed her prime/world domination and became fans later in her career ???

Army1

I became a fan , like HARD STAN, maybe last year , and basically consumed everything I could , every interview , concert , live performance and it still feels like I haven’t seen everything. 

Honestly I was so pleased to find a performer that made me as excited as I get when I watch Michael Jackson performances for example ,

and she’s just so relatable to me since we have sort of similar personalities in a lot of ways , so I felt hugged and inspired seeing her hard work. I feel really curious about how she really is nowadays , that’s why i’d Die for a new documentary , she always makes me curious and I feel attached to her already. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, camerasareflashin' said:

I became a true fan after the release of Blackout, closer to the release of Circus. It was messy and confusing, Britney was there but her soul wasn't but for some reason I couldn't stop getting more and more obsessed with her. We had to defend her all the time because she wasn't dancing, she wasn't singing, her spark was missing, etc. 

My story aswell..

I kinda got glad in 2006 when she left K-fed, then I heard nothing.. Suddenly she went bald and I was like "Something is wrong!! That behaviour is not normal" And I started studying Britney harder than I studied my own education, everyday on britneyexperts.com/Breatheheavy.com/originaldoll/tmz, and wverthing was just crazy, I felt Britney "Needed me" to defend her from people who didn't understood her.

And then Blackout came and I got my stan card, but most officiall first stan-thing I did was live listening to Womanizer

I was born in 2003 so im 16 now? and i became a fan around 2016 i guess but ive always loved her before that i remember dancing to toxic & circus as a child and once i got older i started listening to her songs like: bomt&oops and just like most people that have been a fan since 1998 i felt like there was something different about Britney something so amazing& something ive never seen before so i started listening to her more&more and then  i just fell in love with everything about her. I also started talking to fans on instagram and i never really realized that she had such a big fanbase honestly its insane. I also love that she has alot of teen fans so im definitely not the only one! :)

Coming from a fan that has been there since the beginning - I don't think I enjoyed Britney any more than I did during Femme Fatale era - I don't know... I guess it was the first era when it was finally "cool" to like Britney - everyone liked her then.  I remember getting teased very badly in school for being a Britney fan... like, people always talked **** so I couldn't really talk about liking her back then really until around Circus or Femme Fatale... with Circus people were still warming back up to her.  IDK... it was cool to be a Britney fan 1998-2000 then it became uncool until around 2011 or so...  it was also uncool to be gay back then too. lol  Things really have changed a lot since the late 90s, for better and for worse in different areas. 

16 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

I became a fan in 1999 and I always feel lucky for witnessing her Prime years but I really feel jealous of newer fans that never had to witness the 07 breakdown.

It was a nightmare, you guys must feel lucky because we (at least me) were praying everyday for Britney to make it one more day. :icant2:

I remember sitting up that night we heard about her shaving he head... I don't remember which particular forum it was but it was awful.  I cried. lol  I was so confused. 

I became a fan in 2014 when I stumbled on the oops I did it again video and instantly fell in love. Before I became a fan I thought she was just someone like Paris Hilton who couldnt sing and only had a music career because they were rich. She had recently released Britney Jean and so I got really obsessed with that album until I learned how much better her old catalogue was. And then at the beginning of the glory era I started to hard core stan and joined exhale. What intrigued me the most was her stage presence and the whole break down/original doll controversy.

I also got into her during 2007. I was in second grade and I just remember being obsessed with seeing her on every single tabloid cover when I would go to grocery store with my mom. That year I also checked out a random unofficial biography about her from my school's library but my parents made me return it... 

Anyway, that introduction to her led into me being a fan during the Circus era. I was too young to really know about albums or anything, but I religiously watched the If U Seek Amy music video before school in 2008, and of course I owned IUSA, Circus, and Womanizer on my iPod. Ever since then, those songs have stayed with me. I f**king loved those songs and even though I didn't know much about her, she was still my favorite artist / celeb.

Then for Femme Fatale era, I just knew the singles again (I was too wrapped up in listening to Kesha, Katy, Taylor, and all the hot girls of 2011). So, I remember loving Till the World Ends and Hold It Against Me and I heard I Wanna Go on every single radio station, every single day. 

Weirdly enough... it was Britney Jean that made me stan. Being 13 and uneducated on her voice and her catalogue, I loved it at the time. (Of course I have such a different opinion of it now. Though I do think it would be a pretty great album if all the vocals were actually hers). Slowly but surely I started exploring the rest of her albums and falling in LOVE. Then of course, I watched every single interview she's ever done and started exploring Exhale. 

It's been one hell of a journey but I'm so thankful for it. 

I was born in ‘02, the year of primeney :yesplease: unfortunately I don’t remember any of it of course but I do remember knowing Oops and Baby later on but not knowing who sung it.I also remember toxic being my favorite song ever as a kid like it got me so hype idk why. I honestly thought 3 different people sung those songs because I’d never seen the music videos or anything just heard it as a kid. I didn’t know anything about the breakdown either. Tbh I didn’t even know who Britney really was until I was like 11. Like yes I recognized her name but if you would’ve showed me a pic I’d have no clue who she was. :wontcry:

I knew DTTWI, HIAM, and IWG by heart because those came out when I was 9 and EVERYONE knew those songs at my school. Still didn’t know who she was though lol. 

:well:I was originally a huge MJ stan, and because of MJ I got into Britney. I remember the first time I really realized I wanted to stan her was when I spent the whole day just watching Britney videos after being curious about her and I came across the Hawaii vid from 2000. She looked like a Barbie during crazy where she was wearing that pink sparkly 2 piece and I was literally so shook...like I just loved how pretty and cool she was. it was just magic to me tbh. The main reason I really loved her was because she had the same appeal as MJ (very magical, transcendent performers). I remember especially loving the very end where she’s walking up the stairs and then turns around, waves, then that really magical music plays and that’s the end of the show. (Idk if anyone knows what I’m talking about lol). But yeah. 

15 hours ago, joanhs said:

My story aswell..

I kinda got glad in 2006 when she left K-fed, then I heard nothing.. Suddenly she went bald and I was like "Something is wrong!! That behaviour is not normal" And I started studying Britney harder than I studied my own education, everyday on britneyexperts.com/Breatheheavy.com/originaldoll/tmz, and wverthing was just crazy, I felt Britney "Needed me" to defend her from people who didn't understood her.

And then Blackout came and I got my stan card, but most officiall first stan-thing I did was live listening to Womanizer

OMG BritneyExperts :yesokay:

I used to write for that site but the owners were extremely creepy Jehova’s Witnesses who denounced her satanic behaviour or whatever 

14 hours ago, #Brunetteney said:

I was born in ‘02, the year of primeney :yesplease: unfortunately I don’t remember any of it of course but I do remember knowing Oops and Baby later on but not knowing who sung it.I also remember toxic being my favorite song ever as a kid like it got me so hype idk why. I honestly thought 3 different people sung those songs because I’d never seen the music videos or anything just heard it as a kid. I didn’t know anything about the breakdown either. Tbh I didn’t even know who Britney really was until I was like 11. Like yes I recognized her name but if you would’ve showed me a pic I’d have no clue who she was. :wontcry:

I knew DTTWI, HIAM, and IWG by heart because those came out when I was 9 and EVERYONE knew those songs at my school. Still didn’t know who she was though lol. 

:well:I was originally a huge MJ stan, and because of MJ I got into Britney. I remember the first time I really realized I wanted to stan her was when I spent the whole day just watching Britney videos after being curious about her and I came across the Hawaii vid from 2000. She looked like a Barbie during crazy where she was wearing that pink sparkly 2 piece and I was literally so shook...like I just loved how pretty and cool she was. it was just magic to me tbh. The main reason I really loved her was because she had the same appeal as MJ (very magical, transcendent performers). I remember especially loving the very end where she’s walking up the stairs and then turns around, waves, then that really magical music plays and that’s the end of the show. (Idk if anyone knows what I’m talking about lol). But yeah. 

OMG! that’s exactly what happened to me! I also used to be a big MJ stan and because of him i got into Britney. I also used to know her name as a kid but i wouldnt recognize her picture lol this is scary

18 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Coming from a fan that has been there since the beginning - I don't think I enjoyed Britney any more than I did during Femme Fatale era - I don't know... I guess it was the first era when it was finally "cool" to like Britney - everyone liked her then. 

Where are you from?

My experience is completely different. When I was a kid (when Britney came out) it was totally cool and fine and almost an obligation to like Britney Spears. You were uncool if you didn't know who she was and even worse if you didn't like her lol I remember my older cousins were already teenagers and all of them and their friends liked her too, and so my neighbors. 

That totally changed after her breakdown / Blackout.

And by Circus / FF it's not that it was still uncool to like her, but it was more like, nobody really realized that she had already come back, or that it was the same artist that used to sing BOMT / OIDIA. (You know, this weird period of time when people still thought she was permanently bald or something even though that had happened years ago). 

I remember that in my high school cafeteria they would play all the hot videos from 2011, and HIAM or TTWE would come, but it's as if no one ever noticed it was her, even though they liked the music.

I only forced my friends once to stay at the cafeteria because they were having a Britney marathon on Fuse and they all really liked Stronger, My Prerogative and ILRNR. I think we missed a class :gimmemoar:

When IWG came out, I remember my friends sharing the video on Facebook and so (without me influencing them to do so lol) but we had already finished school by then so I never knew if they really liked her as, for Britney Spears or just that video in particular.  

On 2/10/2019 at 1:22 PM, britneyprincess said:

I became a fan , like HARD STAN, maybe last year , and basically consumed everything I could , every interview , concert , live performance and it still feels like I haven’t seen everything. 

Honestly I was so pleased to find a performer that made me as excited as I get when I watch Michael Jackson performances for example ,

and she’s just so relatable to me since we have sort of similar personalities in a lot of ways , so I felt hugged and inspired seeing her hard work. I feel really curious about how she really is nowadays , that’s why i’d Die for a new documentary , she always makes me curious and I feel attached to her already. 

I was the opposite, I stanned for Britney day 1 in 1998 and I fell in love with Michael after Britney and I just adore them both!! These are all great stories of the fans that weren't around in her prime. But it was amazing to witness!! Just like Michael at his prime which I was too young for. 

4 hours ago, Britneybabyx said:

OMG! that’s exactly what happened to me! I also used to be a big MJ stan and because of him i got into Britney. I also used to know her name as a kid but i wouldnt recognize her picture lol this is scary

People stanning both Brit and Michael is surprisingly common, and when you think about it, they have a lot in common which is why I think people who like one can easily like the other:

-both victims of the media sensationalizing every single thing about them. Every single thing they did made headlines.

-performers known for putting on amazing extravagant shows (dwad, vma)

-very kindhearted, sweet and humble personalities 

-child stars 

theres probably more but someone should really go further into studying their personalities. Both Britney and Michael are very mysterious people in their own ways. :bpo::mhm:

Archived