TIME TO REVERSE IT!..What was it like for the youngee Britney fans who missed her prime/world domination and became fans later in her career ???

Army1

There’s been many threads by younger or newer stans asking what is what like living during the 1999 to 2004 years and witnessing the insanity of daily TRL, VMAs, music video releases, Britney’s imprint on pop culture and the world etc. 

Now I want to ask what was the feels for those stans when they first jooned the fandom? How did they feel? What were there experiences/societal feelings of Britney for them when they first became fans? 

For us older fans we witnessed something insane...what was it like for you? When you become part of the Army what was it like for you persoanlly and the culture around you? 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Curators

it felt like an overdose

i always like britney thanks to gimme more and always admired her

but i stumbled upon the oops vid one day and from then the stanning randomly happened. The thing was that that first week of figuring out who she was very cool, primeney plus break down and comeback had already happened so there was so much material and music and documentaries and performances and interviews at hand and there was so much to explore. it felt like an addiction cause it was more than a decade worth of this superstar and it was so entrapping. but sadly the disappointment came fast seeing what she is today compared to what she was in the past. but im still stanning lol and theres something about her that i cant breakaway

I'm gonna give you the full story of as much as I can lol...

So I was born in 2000 , my first time hearing baby one more time was in 2005 in the cartoon movie Robots and I remember really liking the song still not knowing who britney was. When I was 7 I remember seeing her on TMZ wearing a pink wig and my aunt told me " she is bad and on *****".  When I was about 8 womanizer came out and that was the first time I remember being aware that she made music and I was always singing womanizer in the car when it was on the radio, my brother and I thought the video was funny cus she was naked lol, I then remember seeing her on TV with long hair agian and I asked my mom how her hair grew back so fast. I dont remember being aware of the circus era at all besides womanizer. I also didn't hear the song 3 until pom.I also wasnt truly aware of femme fatales existence and I was 11 when it came out , all I remember is seeing her mtv documentary  and her twister ad many times on Nickelodeon. When I was 12 scream and shout came out and it was a hit at my school. When I was also 12 I discovered her 2000 vma performance of oops and that truly was the first time I truly realized how big of a start britney was and how great of an entertainer she was. I became a stan at 13 when work ***** was released and then I began researching her prime and discovery all her music on her albums and her impact. As I said before it was really pom that made aware of all her older hits and got me into them. I'm now 18 and I'm still researching her prime wishing I was there and I fell like i really missed out on an amazing time in pop culture 

I was born in 2000 and my sis was born in 1995 so she saw more than me. 

My first memory of her was when she shaved her head and the whole umbrella thing. I only vaguely remember it as  I was 7 years old and randomly saw it on the news before my parents flipped the channel. Its funny bc I clearly remember my sister saying "ugh she's so weird now. oh and now she's wearing a pink wig why'd she shave it in the first place??" and my mom saying "don't watch that stuff, its bad" or something like that. Then, I remember her gimme more video coming out and my sister blasting it in our room. I remember being weirdly attracted to her and thought she was so hot and cool even tho I was just 7 yrs old and dancing to the music. So I guess this was when I began to recognize who she is and began to like her. Its funny how you guys were introduced to her thru the "school girl virgin britney" and i was introduced to her by the "blackout ******** britney". 

Circus came out and my sister and mom were so confused bc they thought she went off the deep end for good. Womanizer came out and I was intrigued. I was so young but I saw this confident women with so much PRESENCE. I think this is what stars lack today. Womanizer was def the baby one more time of my generation. It introduced her to us more as an artist not just some tabloid girl. If you seek Amy was huge to us as well. I remember being SO confused about the music video lol.

I remember the glee episode of her and my sister freaking out over the songs and then she freaked out on me because I didn't know the songs lol. This made me wanna go back and see her material.

Femme Fetale is when i was old enough to stan. Before then, she was Britney the girl with the awesome songs on the radio and cool music videos. I fell in love with the femme fatale album all of it. I remember dancing around to it and Im pretty sure it was at this point where i started to look into her music, interviews, docs, and life. I thought wow this woman is the whole package. 

For some odd reason I actually liked Britney Jean (i hate it now) . This was around the time I found exhale and my obsession really started bc I was exposed to a lot more of her. It also could be because I really wanted to see her succeed more. I feel like being a stan who didn't get to see her on top of the world is so frustrating bc we know shell never go back to that but we wanna see it happen in our lifetime so bad. and it feels like we're the only ones of our generation who actually knows she CAN sing she WAS the most influential person in music she DID dance better than anyone and she DID make history. Everyone else thinks she just made some catchy autotuned songs and its so untrue and maddening to prove wrong. 

Last year during my senior year of HS, i started talking to this girl i new for a couple of years more bc we had classes together for the first time. Before then, we were just acquaintances. Well, I found out she was also a Britney stan and neither of us could believe it bc we both never met one. Ever since then we defend her and obsess over her together. We even saw her at Radio City last summer. We got the tickets like the night before lmfaooo. We never thought we would go but I figured she's never in NYC it might be our only chance to see her in the flesh.

• Content Curators
14 minutes ago, BritLay said:

I was born in 2000 and my sis was born in 1995 so she saw more than me. 

My first memory of her was when she shaved her head and the whole umbrella thing. I only vaguely remember it as  I was 7 years old and randomly saw it on the news before my parents flipped the channel. Its funny bc I clearly remember my sister saying "ugh she's so weird now. oh and now she's wearing a pink wig why'd she shave it in the first place??" and my mom saying "don't watch that stuff, its bad" or something like that. Then, I remember her gimme more video coming out and my sister blasting it in our room. I remember being weirdly attracted to her and thought she was so hot and cool even tho I was just 7 yrs old and dancing to the music. So I guess this was when I began to recognize who she is and began to like her. Its funny how you guys were introduced to her thru the "school girl virgin britney" and i was introduced to her by the "blackout ******** britney". 

Circus came out and my sister and mom were so confused bc they thought she went off the deep end for good. Womanizer came out and I was intrigued. I was so young but I saw this confident women with so much PRESENCE. I think this is what stars lack today. Womanizer was def the baby one more time of my generation. It introduced her to us more as an artist not just some tabloid girl. If you seek Amy was huge to us as well. I remember being SO confused about the music video lol.

I remember the glee episode of her and my sister freaking out over the songs and then she freaked out on me because I didn't know the songs lol. This made me wanna go back and see her material.

Femme Fetale is when i was old enough to stan. Before then, she was Britney the girl with the awesome songs on the radio and cool music videos. I fell in love with the femme fatale album all of it. I remember dancing around to it and Im pretty sure it was at this point where i started to look into her music, interviews, docs, and life. I thought wow this woman is the whole package. 

For some odd reason I actually liked Britney Jean (i hate it now) . This was around the time I found exhale and my obsession really started bc I was exposed to a lot more of her. It also could be because I really wanted to see her succeed more. I feel like being a stan who didn't get to see her on top of the world is so frustrating bc we know shell never go back to that but we wanna see it happen in our lifetime so bad. and it feels like we're the only ones of our generation who actually knows she CAN sing she WAS the most influential person in music she DID dance better than anyone and she DID make history. Everyone else thinks she just made some catchy autotuned songs and its so untrue and maddening to prove wrong. 

Last year during my senior year of HS, i started talking to this girl i new for a couple of years more bc we had classes together for the first time. Before then, we were just acquaintances. Well, I found out she was also a Britney stan and neither of us could believe it bc we both never met one. Ever since then we defend her and obsess over her together. We even saw her at Radio City last summer. We got the tickets like the night before lmfaooo. We never thought we would go but I figured she's never in NYC it might be our only chance to see her in the flesh.

we practically have the same exact stories

i got entrapped and introduced to this crazy ******** britney and it was too much for little bisexual me lmao

womanzier was the bomt of our gen and before becoming a stan i do very much remember all her post breakdown hits being played on the radio like if you seek amy womanizer circus i wanna go RADAR surprisingly hiam ttwe even criminal 

5 minutes ago, Derrick said:

I’m actually curious as to what her appeal is post 2011. Honestly her music and passion were non existent quality wise. 

I am genuinely curious about what drew you in.

I think the hit songs and coverage around Femme Fatale made people like myself go back and see what else she did/ why she's so huge. 

• Content Curators

i was born in 2000 and a  little fact that might suprise some of you old britney fans is that once i became a stan and heard outrageous it INSTANTLY brought back memories and turns out that i knew the song a long time ago. i made my sisters and all my friends(even my manly straight athlete friends) listen to it and they all said that they have heard it before which i found very weird. i live near boston btw and i guess it got loads of radio play as did radar

31 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

i was born in 2000 and a  little fact that might suprise some of you old britney fans is that once i became a stan and heard outrageous it INSTANTLY brought back memories and turns out that i knew the song a long time ago. i made my sisters and all my friends(even my manly straight athlete friends) listen to it and they all said that they have heard it before which i found very weird. i live near boston btw and i guess it got loads of radio play as did radar

maybe ya'll heard the ripoff version lol

3 hours ago, Derrick said:

I’m actually curious as to what her appeal is post 2011. Honestly her music and passion were non existent quality wise. 

I am genuinely curious about what drew you in.

The fact that she's known as the Princess of Pop and was considered to be up there with Michael and Madonna was enough for me to try to give her a shot. And well, here I am, two years later, till the day I die :crying3:

Became a stan after I saw the video for Slumber Party and I wanted more :):cinderellaney:

I knew who she was and I remember liking Circus, Womanizer, and the Femme Fatale era was successful so I remembered that, but I never really gave her a chance. I listened to Glory and all was right in the world :hipney: Then I listened to her older stuff and I liked it too :brit:

Before being a stan, I assumed stuff before 2007 like My Prerogative, Do Something were about the breakdown cus I remember watching the video for Piece of Me and thinking she'd made a lot of music about that. Also thought I Wanna Go, Womanizer and Till The World Ends were about that. Her breakdown is kinda the only thing I knew about her.

But after hearing the Britney Podcast im 100% sure Trouble for Me is about alcohol :brityes:

Lol whenever people give me **** for my age i think about how thankful i am that i grew up with Britney instead of say, taylor swift or nikki minaj. Buffy instead of Twilight. Music TV instead of reality shows. Xmen and Batman instead of whatever passes for cartoons these days. The one thing about that time though, many gems are lost or low quality thanks to the technology or lack of back then. 

I got interested in her during her glory era and stanned in 2017, which means I havent experienced a full britney era as a massive fan...it's kinda sad that she hasnt put out anything in 3 years and hasnt posted and wasnt seen in a month :crying3: but I still enjoy being a fan :yeahhh:

11 hours ago, Britman512 said:

I'm gonna give you the full story of as much as I can lol...

So I was born in 2000 , my first time hearing baby one more time was in 2005 in the cartoon movie Robots and I remember really liking the song still not knowing who britney was. When I was 7 I remember seeing her on TMZ wearing a pink wig and my aunt told me " she is bad and on *****".  When I was about 8 womanizer came out and that was the first time I remember being aware that she made music and I was always singing womanizer in the car when it was on the radio, my brother and I thought the video was funny cus she was naked lol, I then remember seeing her on TV with long hair agian and I asked my mom how her hair grew back so fast. I dont remember being aware of the circus era at all besides womanizer. I also didn't hear the song 3 until pom.I also wasnt truly aware of femme fatales existence and I was 11 when it came out , all I remember is seeing her mtv documentary  and her twister ad many times on Nickelodeon. When I was 12 scream and shout came out and it was a hit at my school. When I was also 12 I discovered her 2000 vma performance of oops and that truly was the first time I truly realized how big of a start britney was and how great of an entertainer she was. I became a stan at 13 when work ***** was released and then I began researching her prime and discovery all her music on her albums and her impact. As I said before it was really pom that made aware of all her older hits and got me into them. I'm now 18 and I'm still researching her prime wishing I was there and I fell like i really missed out on an amazing time in pop culture 

Wow!  Thats cool!  So you didn't remember "Till The World Ends"?  I have stepkids that are 13 and 15 and they know all of Britney's biggest singles

Archived