Do we wish our Queen was less humble?

MeAgainstTheMusic_

Since 2007 Britney has been seen very different in the public eye. Throughout her life she’s dealt with scrutiny over her **** image but since her breakdown she’s been same as some what vulnerable. Many of the people who would slate her would in time revert and see how much of an icon she is. It feels as though everyone jumps on the band wagon now by saying “oh I love Britney I’ve always loved Britney”. Peoples perception definately changed with her and we see her as a vulnerable adult still, someone who’s very insecure and won’t talk back to those speaking smack. 

Britney has always been humble through her full career and that’s why we love her. She never gets too ahead of herself and she never talks **** about other artist. Even when other artists have dissed her (very recently Katy Perry). 

But what I wondered is do we wish sometimes Britney would come out of her shell and not be so humble. Do we wish she’d call out all the haters and make us aware she knows people talk smack about her? There’s a massive part of me that wishes she would call Katy Perry out on the **** that she talks about her. Remind everyone that she’s sold more than Katy Perry ever will. I love her but sometimes I hate to see her get so slated and be tarnished with this image that she’s still mentally ill and so vulnerable that she can’t defend herself :wontcry:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want her to be less humble to call out people that mock her, that's more about her values.

I do wish she was less humble when it comes to her own music and legacy and she would be like more proud of herself and her catalogue, her past performances, her looks, etc. 

She did say once that her songs were the f**king best or something like that, but those magazine interviews always sound so fantastic that I even wonder how much of it is real. Recorded interviews always have her like "yeah, really really cool" and in magazines she curses at the interviewers and speaks about everything and what not :hehehe: 

She has some clapbacks back then, but they were not as shady or mean. I don't wish she should be less humble or whatever, she is who she is, I actually like that she don't gaf about none of that **** and don't start beef for attention. And yes, the obvious happened to her, in her prime bashed, past her prime praised. It happens to a lot, mostly women.

tumblr_lsafcgKUPP1r40ds2o1_250.gif

I love that she’s so humble, because she really inspires me to be a better person. She has never incites hatred and I think it’s very important especially in this crazy world where it’s too easy make fun and hate other people, especially when we think somebody is “different”. So I just love this side of her. 

She’s very mature and I think she really believes in herself this why she never shades someone and she is never talking bad about people, even if they had a mean behavior with her. 

She knows who she is so she doesn’t care when somebody is lying on her  

edit: when they criticize her she just shows how they are wrong with facts. She sang Something to talk about for this reason. They talk about playback? Well, see this. 

• Super Mods
2 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I dont think she is as humble as she likes to make people believe. She hasnt seemed humble since the ITZ era. Sure she could be a bigger diva considering her status but I feel like she is faking being humble.

Well she should win an Oscar then cuz she really is committed. Wearing clothes off of eBay, unkept hair and unwashed face, shopping at the dollar tree, acts like a deer-in-the-headlights when fans fawn over her, comes onstage in bedazzled Walmart attire. 

8 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I dont think she is as humble as she likes to make people believe. She hasnt seemed humble since the ITZ era. Sure she could be a bigger diva considering her status but I feel like she is faking being humble.

True, although I don't think exactly she's faking being humble. I think it's more she doesn't care at all and doesn't want to waste her time with a clapback or talking about it. I don't think 'humility' is the best word to describe her in general, maybe just a nice person with a big status but not a big ego, and that's it. She's human, not this saint ***** a lot here tries to make her look. :bedtime:

15 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

Well she should win an Oscar then cuz she really is committed. Wearing clothes off of eBay, unkept hair and unwashed face, shopping at the dollar tree, acts like a deer-in-the-headlights when fans fawn over her, comes onstage in bedazzled Walmart attire. 

just because she is stingy and doesnt care about her appearance doesnt mean that she is humble. :janet:

20 minutes ago, Catalin said:

Some artists and media have been really mean and harsh with Britney for years because of her mental health and she never said anything. She needs to clapback more. She's such an easy target and I hate that.

These are folks who don't know Britney personally and Britney has no f**ks to give about another take on her.

She got more important things to tend to

42 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

how is not washing your hair and face humble? that's called being dirty :airpls: she *should* act like whoever she is lmao but i would love for her to be shady to some of the new pop girls who have shaded her 

3 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

You're conflating poor self-awareness, severe social anxiety, low self-esteem and a lack of professionalism with humility. 

I’m not saying she’s not humble given the enormity of her success and status, mind you. She could be unbearable to work with and bring other artists down constantly, like the diva reputations both Madonna and Mariah have. 

Nevertheless, the practices you mentioned are not indicators of humility. Neither is being a nice person and/or non-confrontational, for that matter, which Britney definitely is, but that was essentially the rationale for the OP callling her humble. (Although to specifically address OP’s question: no, I’m very glad Britney largely stays out of these pathetic fights between popstars. They are petty, trivial and completely unnecessary, and only reflect poorly on the artist initiating the “beef”).

Again, while I do think she’s relatively down-to-earth given her celebrity and lifestyle, I think it’s virtually impossible to be a superstar who has had every whim catered to for the past 20 years, with onset during their formative years, whilst simultaneously receiving constant affirmation in the way of screaming crowds and fawning fans, without getting a little full of yourself and inevitably losing perspective. :mhm:

18 hours ago, ClaudiaDC said:

edit: when they criticize her she just shows how they are wrong with facts. She sang Something to talk about for this reason. They talk about playback? Well, see this. 

you think britney showed how people/media were wrong with facts when she sang stta?lmao.

that would be true if she was being criticized for being a bad singer who can't sing live (yes, she is being criticized for that too but it was not the reason why she sang stta), but she was being bashed for lying because she said that she was singing live and that she was pissed off because people were not giving her credit for it.how were people wrong there?

ı'm glad that she sang stta, ı really enjoyed that performance but it was stupid, stupid because of the speech she made before the performance.she was clearly addressing the backlash she got but she couldn't prove them wrong or anything because singing one song live for one night doesn't change the fact that she was lying and trying to fool people with that angry way of talking in that interview.if anything, she made it more obvious that she was lying because the rest of  the show was still lipped lmao.

---

ı think britney is humbler compared to some other celebrities but ı don't believe that she is as humble as some of you make her out to be.wearing cheap clothes etc are not indication of being humble to me (not to mention she spends money on other things like vacations, houses, cars etc.that's normal tho, ı would do the same if ı had that much money).ı'm glad that she doesn't mess up with anyone and chooses to stay silent most of the time, like saying "ı don't care about what you think or say about me", but ı don't think that it's humbleness either.

Archived