Super Bowl Halftime Show Discussion

Chaoscontrol

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She would get a lot of backlash if she pulled a 2016 BBMAs / 2016 VMAs at an event as big as the SB, lbr and not delude ourselves b-army. 

If she gave it 2001 AMAs / 2001 SB vibes, then yes, that would and could work. Pre-recorded/live vocals is the biggest determining factor here.

Keep in mind, the general public is head over heels in love with old school Britney and if she could use that as her base, she’d do fine but she most likely wouldn’t.

4 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Just because you would be more entertained does not mean the general public would be okay with how Britney currently performs. 

Ending 2018 she was performing some of her worst of her career. 

Fans have to be realistic. 

This 100%. Many of you guys aren’t realistic and seem to live in your own Britney bubble. If she’s gonna do SuperBowl, she cannot do what she’s been doing for the past 10 years.

1 minute ago, DignifiedLove said:

This 100%. Many of you guys aren’t realistic and seem to live in your own Britney bubble. If she’s gonna do SuperBowl, she cannot do what she’s been doing for the past 10 years.

Ppl are using best case scenario to say the Super Bowl would slay. Best case scenario...ignoring the fact last time we saw her perform is was Britney twitching and fixing her pony the whole time. 

Articles would be saying she was on ***** with how she was doing all the spazzes  and that would only be the start. 

2016ney was a gem but a short lived gem. 

If she would have kept her attitude that she delivered during 2016 I would maybe be down for this Super Bowl discussion. That isn’t the case. 

Ppl forgot how we last saw Britney? It wasn’t that long ago. Maybe you all need to watch that last Pom show over. 

7 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Just because you would be more entertained does not mean the general public would be okay with how Britney currently performs. 

Ending 2018 she was performing some of her worst of her career. 

Fans have to be realistic. 

1 minute ago, DignifiedLove said:

Well that’s why I specified 2016 in the OP. Sadly, I agree about the way 2018 was left off. As much as I enjoyed the show, I don’t think POM tour level of energy would be enough for SB. 

I think if she managed to pull out 2016 level it would be okay though. Like I said, I don’t think the GP would be blown away, but I don’t think they’d see it as a disaster here as some people think it may be. And given the way things are going, a decent performance for a big event may get people interested:mhmnod:

The days of ‘prime dancing’ are long gone. We know they’re not coming back. But she’s given us some good performances in the last 5 years, so without being too delusional about the current state of things, I think it’s fair to have some faith in her

1 minute ago, Chaoscontrol said:

Well that’s why I specified 2016 in the OP. Sadly, I agree about the way 2018 was left off. As much as I enjoyed the show, I don’t think POM tour level of energy would be enough for SB. 

I think if she managed to pull out 2016 level it would be okay though. Like I said, I don’t think the GP would be blown away, but I don’t think they’d see it as a disaster here as some people think it may be. And given the way things are going, a decent performance for a big event may get people interested:mhmnod:

The days of ‘prime dancing’ are long gone. We know they’re not coming back. But she’s given us some good performances in the last 5 years, so without being too delusional about the current state of things, I think it’s fair to have some faith in her

“Some” once in awhile.

Britney doesn’t even want to sit for interviews anymore. Her doing the Super Bowl...something bad would happen. She would pass out or something. 

Like you said she isn’t primeney. She can’t handle the pressure of the Super Bowl, more like make it good. 

The Super Bowl is one of the most unrealistic things fans bring up. It’s something she would never want to do either. 

It’s why she hides in Vegas. The touring part of Pom was way worse than Vegas and I thought Vegas wasn’t great. 

3 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

Again, she cannot do what she’s been doing for the past 10 years if she wants to perform at the SuperBowl (VMA16 included). Her act is tired and sorry to say, but Middle America / the general public is not here for it.

Go watch JLo’s VMA18 performance, then watch Britney’s BBMA16 performance right after in comparison and you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about. 

Have you seen Britney performances since FF era? :ponderney: Yes, we (fans and GP) would all love a SB performance with all her hits (I loved the 1st comment's idea of a performance with Madonna and Janet) but cmon, she can't do it. BBMAs? It was her best performance in years but she was a nervous wreck most of the time... And she was doing the POM performances, nothing new! Just imagine POMney performing at an event like this :nyheadache:

The idea of a sb performance is incredible and it could be epic , but in reality it would be the opposite. 

Anyway, I hope that at some point she will improve enough to perform at the sb alone :tiffsniffle:

Oh, and I forgot... 2016 level was pretty good for Britney and for how she had been performing for the past few years, but still bad overall if you compare her with any other female artist.

Exhale has always been so worried about Britney performing at the Super Bowl because they think it's gonna be a mess, and year after year I watch the Halftime show and I end up like "is this what Exhalers are so afraid of? :wtfdidusay: "

Yeah, probably last year wasn't her best year performance wise, but anything she did in 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 would've been better than any of the halftime show performances we've gotten those years.

Her catalogue alone is way better than any song that has been performed there in the past 5 years.

Maroon 5 wasn't bad at all, but it was absolutely boring for the magnitude of that event.

3 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

“Some” once in awhile.

Britney doesn’t even want to sit for interviews anymore. Her doing the Super Bowl...something bad would happen. She would pass out or something. 

Like you said she isn’t primeney. She can’t handle the pressure of the Super Bowl, more like make it good. 

The Super Bowl is one of the most unrealistic things fans bring up. It’s something she would never want to do either. 

It’s why she hides in Vegas. The touring part of Pom was way worse than Vegas and I thought Vegas wasn’t great. 

2 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Again, she cannot do what she’s been doing for the past 10 years if she wants to perform at the SuperBowl (VMA16 included). Her act is tired and sorry to say, but Middle America / the general public is not here for it.

Go watch JLo’s VMA18 performance, then watch Britney’s BBMA16 performance right after in comparison and you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about. 

1 minute ago, maquisl said:

Have you seen Britney performances since FF era? :ponderney: Yes, we (fans and GP) would all love a SB performance with all her hits (I loved the 1st comment's idea of a performance with Madonna and Janet) but cmon, she can't do it. BBMAs? It was her best performance in years but she was a nervous wreck most of the time... And she was doing the POM performances, nothing new! Just imagine POMney performing at an event like this :nyheadache:

The idea of a sb performance is incredible and it could be epic , but in reality it would be the opposite. 

Anyway, I hope that at some point she will improve enough to perform at the sb alone :tiffsniffle:

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

If she would have kept her attitude that she delivered during 2016 I would maybe be down for this Super Bowl discussion. That isn’t the case. 

Ppl forgot how we last saw Britney? It wasn’t that long ago. Maybe you all need to watch that last Pom show over. 

That's what you're saying now, and I agree that RIGHT NOW, Britney isn't in her best game for performances, but back in 2016 as any other year, people have been doubting Britney as being capable of doing the Super Bowl as if the performances we've gotten these past years have been close to perfection, flawless or at least entertaining (entertaining in a positive way and not for the meme material).

I don't know if it's because Madonna set the bar too high for me. That was in what, 2012? but I still watch it every once in a while and still looks amazing. Beyoncé then delivered a "good" show, but she performed too many boring songs, and after that, everything has gotten worse year after year.

Gaga's show was ok, but I think any of her past performances at awards shows have been more spectacular than the Super Bowl which should've been the performance of her career.

What a lot of you pro-SB people really don't get is that the Super Bowl committee will never pick her to headline. Never, never, EVER. Before 2014, give or take a bit, she still had a shot. Nowadays, not at all. Do you know how many artists desperately want that performance slot and do everything in their power to get it and get their agents and managers and everyone who works for them to fight their ***** off to get them that opportunity? Sooooo, so many. And they're all 100 times more relevant than Britney is now. They would never in a million years turn down the likes of Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Rihanna, Beyonce, J.Lo, and a slew of other pop acts and choose Britney instead. It just would not happen. Not to mention all the rappers, rocker legends, and bands who will also be aggressively going after the slot.

But the most important factor in all this is Britney herself would never fight for it. She just doesn't want it that badly. It would be one thing if she was like 'I really want to do this and I'm ready to slay it' and she genuinely TRIED to get their attention. But I promise you guys she will never do that. Mostly because she doesn't want to, and also because I think the entire magnitude of it would be more than she could handle.

So when you consider how many more relevant artists they have to choose from who are begging them for the opportunity, combined with Britney getting to a point where she's having trouble selling out theatres in Vegas and hasn't had a hit in several years, combined with the fact that she herself doesn't actually want to do it... you'll understand why there is literally zero percent chance of this ever happening. It. Will. Never. Ever. Ever. Happen. I promise you all. It won't. The sooner you really understand that, the better off you'll all be.

What I do think *is* possible is her maybe having a guest spot in someone else's headline show, like MATM with Madonna for example, that is something that isn't totally inconceivable. But even that is very unlikely.

One final thing too - there's a stigma attached to the name Britney Spears and there always will be. Yes, she is beloved by many as a nostalgia act who helped make pop culture what it is today, but most of the public see her as a talentless, manufactured, lip syncing former pop act who has been completely off the radar since 2009. They would get a ton of backlash from everyone and their mothers if they dared pick her. They are aware of that too. That's just the reality when it comes to Britney. Unfair as it may be, that's what comes from being such a polarizing figure.

• Content Curators
10 minutes ago, David Rose said:

What a lot of you pro-SB people really don't get is that the Super Bowl committee will never pick her to headline. Never, never, EVER. Before 2014, give or take a bit, she still had a shot. Nowadays, not at all. Do you know how many artists desperately want that performance slot and do everything in their power to get it and get their agents and managers and everyone who works for them to fight their ***** off to get them that opportunity? Sooooo, so many. And they're all 100 times more relevant than Britney is now. They would never in a million years turn down the likes of Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Rihanna, Beyonce, J.Lo, and a slew of other pop acts and choose Britney instead. It just would not happen. Not to mention all the rappers, rocker legends, and bands who will also be aggressively going after the slot.

But the most important factor in all this is Britney herself would never fight for it. She just doesn't want it that badly. It would be one thing if she was like 'I really want to do this and I'm ready to slay it' and she genuinely TRIED to get their attention. But I promise you guys she will never do that. Mostly because she doesn't want to, and also because I think the entire magnitude of it would be more than she could handle.

So when you consider how many more relevant artists they have to choose from who are begging them for the opportunity, combined with Britney getting to a point where she's having trouble selling out theatres in Vegas and hasn't had a hit in several years, combined with the fact that she herself doesn't actually want to do it... you'll understand why there is literally zero percent chance of this ever happening. It. Will. Never. Ever. Ever. Happen. I promise you all. It won't. The sooner you really understand that, the better off you'll all be.

Ok first off let’s get one thing straight 

if Britney’s team wanted her to do the super bowl they would’ve 10000% picked her over f**king maroon 5. Also you’re talking about all these artists begging to do it then why did they pick maroon 5? Lmao they let f**king big boy perform and no one even knows who he is 

also Madonna performed LMAOO and most people besides the gays and middle aged people didn’t know her songs 

ur argument is so dumb 

• Content Curators
4 minutes ago, solo said:

The worst super bowl game paired with the worst halftime show. :bpo: It was horrible.

Adam is ugly:kiss:

Britney would have been better, but she would have had to prepare

The pats f**king won and that’s all that matters 

I love New England 

yall can stay pressed 

7 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Ok first off let’s get one thing straight 

if Britney’s team wanted her to do the super bowl they would’ve 10000% picked her over f**king maroon 5. Also you’re talking about all these artists begging to do it then why did they pick maroon 5? Lmao they let f**king big boy perform and no one even knows who he is 

also Madonna performed LMAOO and most people besides the gays and middle aged people didn’t know her songs 

ur argument is so dumb 

Maroon 5 performed because their first 10 choices all backed out for political reasons. Actually if you think about it, this year might have been Britney's best chance since so many people turned down the opportunity cause of the Colin Kaepernick situation.

The fact that you put Madonna and Britney on the same level proves you have no relevant opinion. Madonna still sells out stadiums. Not theatres or arenas - STADIUMS. Both in the US and abroad. She's in her 60's and her tours still gross record breaking numbers. Britney just cancelled a residency in part because she couldn't sell half her opening night in a theatre.

Archived