How Britney should do her ballads in her shows

HeavenOnExhale

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At minimum everything should be prerecorded and she sings the ballads live. Incase they kill ballads if that’s the case...1 song live and I’m being generous. She should be singing backing with every song tbh. Songs can be reworked. 

IWG would be hard to do live as is but she could slow it done and make it something else. 

• Content Curators

seeing that after performing perfume for more than 2 years straight and not even hearing one live vocal has made me lose all hopes atleast in circus she sang everytime live a few times and you could hear her singing here and there at times, same with fft.

so sadly i dont care if she performs ballads or not anymore 

She needs to treat them like the other songs of the show, not by choreographing them but like give them the visual treatment.

Perfume in POM felt so simple, and she could've gotten away with the lipsync and everything if she kept the same theme as Boys, what I mean is, the neon lights. They could've done something beautiful and artistic with the lights, the lasers, the neon, and the backdrops.

That's why Lucky was a little bit better with the dimmed lights, the stars, or Everytime with the flowers.

16 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

She needs to treat them like the other songs of the show, not by choreographing them but like give them the visual treatment.

Perfume in POM felt so simple, and she could've gotten away with the lipsync and everything if she kept the same theme as Boys, what I mean is, the neon lights. They could've done something beautiful and artistic with the lights, the lasers, the neon, and the backdrops.

That's why Lucky was a little bit better with the dimmed lights, the stars, or Everytime with the flowers.

I just remembered that they added a dancer's part during the song for the final three legs I think. Kinda like DLMBTLTK on the DWAD Tour, but of course it was scrapped on the revamp.

4 minutes ago, DexWillBeThere98 said:

I just remembered that they added a dancer's part during the song for the final three legs I think. Kinda like DLMBTLTK on the DWAD Tour, but of course it was scrapped on the revamp.

Yes, I remember that, but I've never liked that kind of thing lol Didn't like it back then with DLMBTLTK, didn't like it later with Perfume. I just find it so tacky :ehidk: And still, it would've been ok if they used the neon lights, otherwise, with the lights on, it just looks like they're rehearsing or something.

9 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

No. She can sit and sing live she just needs nice visuals like shadow or everytime  during the oht.

I didn't say she shouldn't sing live I just said she needs to get up off the chair. 

9 hours ago, Chris87 said:

She needs to sing live. Period. Stop making excuses :overitkbye:

Im not making an excuse I DIDN'T say she needs to continue to lip-sync I just said this would be better than her sitting on a chair lip-syncing, Plus she can sing live while moving you know?? even if its just walking around like "Something to talk about" proved it. The movement in this video isn't hard at all, the singer is still able to sing live and doesn't have to be something intense since its mid tempo. Everytime in POM had great visuals she just lip synced and its the least memorable performance, I liked it the first time but after that I NEVER watched it again tbh same goes for Perfume & Alien and any other ballad from POM. 

5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

EXACTLY. In all honesty I couldn’t care less about live vocals at this point. Britney has never been known for her live vocals. What she has been known for is her showstopping production. When she performs a ballad the show just sort of stops. I personally liked Everytime in POM because it had that certain “wow” factor to it. Same for Lucky. But Perfume and Alien? It was so dull. I know we’re all sick of Boys, but the remix from POM was pretty cool. Super high energy and the audience was still feeding off the energy from Scream & Shout. But as soon as the song ended? The energy isn’t continued over. Just a spotlight in a bright neon outfit while she lip synced to Perfume/Alien. It was so dull.

How could Britney ballads be?

VOCALS: 100% live, with no excuses

CHOREO: very subtle but still making it look like it's well rehearsed. Lucky on the Oops Tour for example. 

MUSICAL TREATMENT: she could add some elements so that the song doesn't sound EXACTLY like the album version so it adds it a more live vibe. Everytime on SNL or HATLM on the FFT for example. 

It should be placed at the beginning of a new section just like Everytime on the OHT so that she can use a any costume and then take it off to continue doing the show.

After she canceled Domination, her dancers posted on Instagram a choreo they made (don't know if it was intended to be in the show or they just felt inspired to do it) a choreography for Lucky, I never imagined that song could feature an urban choreo and they did it so well, can't find the video cause I don't have an Instagram account so if one of you find it please post it, it was amazing!!!! I felt a bit sad because I assume it reflected the vibe this new DOMINATION show would have had. 

It should be early in the show, or at least before the halfway mark. She struggled to breathe during Everytime (and especially Shadow) in Onyx and I'm sure her vocal fatigue would be even worse now, after another 15 years of smoking.

Ballads need to be live, it's just really a minimum requirement at this point. Even if a low backing track is there, backing vocalists.. her mic should audible. Elegant dress, beautiful staging.. it doesn't really require too much to be a special moment of a show instead of an embarrassing one where she lips while sitting.

Archived