Jump to content

How many album singles got the live vocal treatment atleast once?


Recommended Posts

I was thinking of how many of her singles had atleast ONE performance with live or partially live vocals. Award shows, talks shows and tours count.

BOMT  (several so yes) 
Crazy  ( yes) 
Sometimes (yes) 
BTMYH  (yes) 
FTBOMBH (yes) 


OIDIA (yes) 
Stronger  (yes) 
Lucky   ( yes) 
DLMBTLTK ( yes) 


Slave  (yes) 
Overprotected (yes) 
Boys  (no, i think SNL live was prerecorded) 
ILRAR (no) 
INAGNYAW (yes) 


MATM (yes) 
Toxic (no) 
Everytime (yes) 
Outrageous (no) 


Gimme More (sadly no) 
POM (not sure the FF tour? ) 
BTI ( no) 


Womanizer (another sad no) 
Circus ( yes) 
IYSA (no) 


HIAM (yes) 
TTWE ( no) 
IWG (no) 
Criminal ( no) 


WB (yes) 
Perfume ( yes, i think) 


MM (another unsure yes) 
SP (no) 

19 singles which had live vocals, which is not bad considering she is supposedly the Lipsync Queen. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

that Circus professionally shot performance from Circus Tour obviously has pre-recorded vocals. She literally used album vocals for Perfume and Make Me. HIAM and POM were pre-recorded along with most of the other songs on the FF Tour. WB is pre-recorded, just like Freakshow is.

I think HIAM is live during the FF tour, you can literally see her make that straining face she used to make a lot during her earlier years when she did sing live while moving around. The perfume im unsure of, cause the footage is bad. And with WB, you can almost always hear an echo as if its two britney voices coming through during the first half at least. :ehidk:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
46 minutes ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

I think HIAM is live during the FF tour, you can literally see her make that straining face she used to make a lot during her earlier years when she did sing live while moving around. The perfume im unsure of, cause the footage is bad. And with WB, you can almost always hear an echo as if its two britney voices coming through during the first half at least. :ehidk:

She did those faces on HIAM to make it seem more believable, it's obviously lip sync cause it sounds too relaxed to be live and always the same vocals every performance. WB is pre-recorded, it's the same vocals every time too. The pre-recorded vocals are there since the beginning of the residency, along with Freakshow. BTI, POM, GM used to have pre-recorded vocals too. :sipney:

  • Like 6
Link to comment
22 minutes ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

 

 

Listen to the echo... Thats def two voices... Playback and her singing onstage. 

Nah WB was NEVER sung live.

It's just that for POM, since show 1, they had been using new vocals stacked on top of the original ones. Making it more live, more Britney, you know.

It's just a different "pre-recorded" version. And they have several. Like they changed it through the different legs :yaknow: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, ydmc said:

Nah WB was NEVER sung live.

It's just that for POM, since show 1, they had been using new vocals stacked on top of the original ones. Making it more live, more Britney, you know.

It's just a different "pre-recorded" version. And they have several. Like they changed it through the different legs :yaknow: 

Lol ok ill take your word for it, but it just sounds too complicated when she could easily just sing that song live since its the opening song and has more speak-sing than actual singing

Link to comment

I've always believed the Bambi performance of Womanizer was partially live, and then the soundboard used for the rest of the promotional performances. The lipping is just way too convincing, and that's never been her strength.

I'm not sure where it's from, but this audio is from a performance of Toxic that doesn't seem to match with the leaked vocal cut from last year.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Britney didn’t start lipping badly until POM. She always gave accurate lipsyncs even though it was clearly album vocals. 

No new singles have been sung live since ITZ.

ILRIR was live in Crossroads :yesokay:

Womanizer,IWG,HIAM has a few believable prerecorded vocals.

 

It's terrible now :crying1: but I don't think her face has ever been able to hide the fact that she's lipping. There was always too much smiling, hand gesturing and the overall body language gave it away. Her timing was never a problem, though. But when she would sing live, you could generally see the strain in her face.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Alexa said:

It's terrible now :crying1: but I don't think her face has ever been able to hide the fact that she's lipping. There was always too much smiling, hand gesturing and the overall body language gave it away. Her timing was never a problem, though. But when she would sing live, you could generally see the strain in her face.

Yeah I agree. But most people didn’t believe it was live anyway. 

Actually there were a few performances of Primeney that people accused of being lipped that were actually live or believable. And that’s part of the reason she doesn’t even try anymore. Britney didn’t really lip more than her peers or artist that danced and performed as much as she did. She just got more flack for it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block