Britney really shook up UK Pride events.

AndyFoster

So Brighton Pride managing to bag Britney Spears, arguably the biggest Pride act they've ever had has shaken up other Pride events around the country.

I live in LiverpoolΒ and i know the commity that organises the event would love to be able to afford an act of that stature, but it's not financially possible due to it being a free event and people causing a fuss if they have to pay.

Manchester Pride have just doubled their ticket prices, more than likely to booking an 'international artist' which will more than likely be Ariana, which makes sense that she'd want to do something special for Manchester.

Britney, queen of gays and highering Pride tickets prices!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AndyFoster said:

So Brighton Pride managing to bag Britney Spears, arguably the biggest Pride act they've ever had has shaken up other Pride events around the country.

I live in LiverpoolΒ and i know the commity that organises the event would love to be able to afford an act of that stature, but it's not financially possible due to it being a free event and people causing a fuss if they have to pay.

Manchester Pride have just doubled their ticket prices, more than likely to booking an 'international artist' which will more than likely be Ariana, which makes sense that she'd want to do something special for Manchester.

I heard that were a lot of issues during the pride with Tix.. also "put in people" to make number for her and other acts.. making rightly hungry people who paid Tix? Does it true?

15 hours ago, AndyFoster said:

Was that really Britney related?Β :ririshade1:

:idkney:

She's deffo made an impact on the pride events here. Before she performed, it was always just D-listers that performed at those events, so I think now they have more of a chance of getting more high profile acts to perform (I do have a feeling Ariana will be performing at Manchester Pride due to the ticket price increase and the fact that no Manchester date has been announced for her tour and she said she wanted to do 'something special' for the city).

18 minutes ago, CloseMyEyes1457 said:

How do you double a price for a pride? Isn't that an event on the street where everybody can attend? Or are they creating a separate areas that will be soundproof where Ariana will be playing? This is badΒ Β :hideous:

Pride is a celebration of how far the LGBT has come, not a money earning festival in the forefront

Pretty much every pride is a money making event at the core of it. That's why you have all sorts of brand sponsorship (mostly alcohol but not limited to that) during the pride months. They understand that the gays are one of the wealthiest demographics and everyone wants some of that money.Β Here in LA in the gay areaΒ you can go to the bars and party in the street and there's a parade thing but there's also a separate section that costs like $30 a day and feels more like a music festival.

1 hour ago, CloseMyEyes1457 said:

How do you double a price for a pride? Isn't that an event on the street where everybody can attend? Or are they creating a separate areas that will be soundproof where Ariana will be playing? This is badΒ Β :hideous:

Pride is a celebration of how far the LGBT has come, not a money earning festival in the forefront

I’m in the US but our pride you have to pay because the only place to have it is at a festival ground. They charge just to pay for renting it the days...Β 

This thread isn’t a good thing...how is charging more money to celebrate a good thing.Β 

I know Denver pride is free and anyone can go celebrate.Β 

19 hours ago, AndyFoster said:

Difference is that Brighton pride tickets were CHEAP lol they didn't have to raise the prices, it was still a pride at its core, while selling tickets for 70Β£ feels more like a concert

9 hours ago, falka said:

Was that really Britney related?Β :ririshade1:

:idkney:

Well yes, when Brighton Pride get an international artist to perform and now Manchester Pride have done the same (regardless of situation). Pride events in the UK aren't really know for securing big names for the events. But THIS year feels like a competition for which part of the UK can get one up on Britney. So yes, Britney related. Thank you.

Archived