Telephone Demo Remastered

studlygeorge

I've always felt like Brit's version of Telephone was lacking something. The vocals are extremely messy and the song itself lacked a lot of the elements/energy the official version had, so I tried to make up for that.

First off, need to give credit where credit is due:
-The underlining track is † Júlio †'s remastered Telephone demo that you can find directly on SoundCloud
-Elements of Riley Jay's Coachella Studio Version are used throughout
-I used Sam Germaine-Scrivens' orchestra arrangement as additional instrumental to give the song more energy

Also, I used Myah Marie, Beyonce, and Lady Gaga as backing vocals throughout the song. Myah Marie's vocals are mixed with Britney's in the intro to try to minimize the harsh autotune.

I hope you enjoy!

(also ready to get dragged for basically letting Myah sing lead for the opening...but it's not like her team hasn't done that before so I dont see the big deal :whatitellu:)

Let me know what you guys think. I feel like the orchestra arrangement can be a bit loud at times and after the first chorus I didn't mix the vocals too well, but I feel like this is a vast improvement over what I consider to be one of her worst demos to date lol

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice job on the remastering, but no matter what, the Britney demo is borderline intolerable in my opinion. Her vocals sound so strained and processed. No pun intended, but she really phoned this one in. Keri Hilson said they nicknamed Britney “one take Jake” during Blackout because she wouldn’t do more than one take (which leads me to believe that’s why all the vocal processing).

8 minutes ago, ss0725 said:

Nice job on the remastering, but no matter what, the Britney demo is borderline intolerable in my opinion. Her vocals sound so strained and processed. No pun intended, but she really phoned this one in. Keri Hilson said they nicknamed Britney “one take Jake” during Blackout because she wouldn’t do more than one take (which leads me to believe that’s why all the vocal processing).

They also said they didn’t use auto tune on Blackout (at least the danja tracks) .

Britney didn’t get lazy in the studio until the Circus era. 

28 minutes ago, ss0725 said:

I hear ya. Even the other fan made remasters is so hard for me to get through. Not even all the autotune, I just don’t feel like her voice is strong enough for this song. That’s why I added Gaga/Bey as backing vocals. I was hoping it would give it a stronger sound like Keri Hilson’s voice gives Britney’s on Gimme More/Break the Ice

I also tried to replace the parts that I could with the 2015 version. It’s why I added Myah to the song too. I wanted to drown out the autotune effect as best as I could and I think I did a pretty good job at blending their vocals together (better than will.i.am did on Britney Jean at least)

15 hours ago, ss0725 said:

I think this same happened during Britney Jean, she just had time 3 or 4 hours (schueled previously by her team)  and made one take of each song, so the producers had to make magic to the songs to sound at least decent, and that's why they called Myah :bedtime:

Archived