Britney talks post-rehab

ClaudiaDC

guys, what was Britney saying in this video? I am not English, so I understood she’s sarcastic but is she telling that she wasn’t on ***** in that period? 

She was making fun about American people who believe everything they read so wasn’t true that she went on rehab? I am confused. Help me 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ClaudiaDC said:

I have always thought she really went to rehab and I thought she shaved her hair beacuase of ***** test :decisions: 

I wasn’t a fan in that period so I don’t know a lot of things 

The head shaving was before the **** testing. 

She did go to rehab, but felt it wasn’t needed and checked herself out the first time (someone correct me if I’m wrong)

2 minutes ago, mauureee said:

she was also mad that her managers made her go to rehab, she is not saying THAT wasnt real.

she says being pregnant, drinking a lot wasnt real.

Ahhhhh okok, now it’s clearer. I couldn’t undertsand the whole speech. Was Larry to send her to rehab?

2 hours ago, Dirk said:

I lived for that video during that time, that's Britney for real!

she was being sarcastic about the whole media saying she was doing ***** and she was mad bc her team forced her to seek treatment. also, they twisted her so k-fed and her mom could have the guard of the children. something like that. she felt betrayed by her parents bc they were helping k-fed and not on "her side".

The phrase is so iconic now, but I always felt really bad watching this (and basically all of the clips from around that time). She's being sarcastic and all that, but you can hear that she's really, really angry and disappointed, and she sounds so, I don't know what's the word, like, frustrated, impotent, miserable.

Many people fell in love with this "rebel Britney" and they really enjoy watching all those paparazzi clips, and that "attitudeney" usually involves the VMA's 2007 as well, but to me watching all of that feels almost dirty. She made mistakes, she took wrong decisions, she surrounded herself with the wrong people too, and she paid the consequences. Her acting like this, was like the only defense mechanism left after finding herself completely helpless, in this freaky situation that she was going through, with the media exposure, and such, but I don't know how to say it, it's like, I think we could've had this "real Britney" without her actually having to go through all this suffering, and I don't know, it feels wrong to worship a person when she's in the worst moment of her life :idkney:

4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

The phrase is so iconic now, but I always felt really bad watching this (and basically all of the clips from around that time). She's being sarcastic and all that, but you can hear that she's really, really angry and disappointed, and she sounds so, I don't know what's the word, like, frustrated, impotent, miserable.

Many people fell in love with this "rebel Britney" and they really enjoy watching all those paparazzi clips, and that "attitudeney" usually involves the VMA's 2007 as well, but to me watching all of that feels almost dirty. She made mistakes, she took wrong decisions, she surrounded herself with the wrong people too, and she paid the consequences. Her acting like this, was like the only defense mechanism left after finding herself completely helpless, in this freaky situation that she was going through, with the media exposure, and such, but I don't know how to say it, it's like, I think we could've had this "real Britney" without her actually having to go through all this suffering, and I don't know, it feels wrong to worship a person when she's in the worst moment of her life :idkney:

I can’t watch Britney’s videos around 2007, it really breaks my heart. I am so in love with her that I can’t watch her crying, suffering or something like that. Back then, I can’t imagine how this woman is strong. She cameback to perform, to do interviews with people who destroyed her. I admire Britney so much

Interviewer: Hi Britney
Britney: Hi
IV: *introduces himself*
B: Right. Now I just really want to talk and just tell how nice our world is it so nice i'm gonna cry right now because it's so nice. It really is, because oh my god the other day I saw this magazine and I looked at it and it sounds I was pregnant and I went up to my mom and I was like oh my god my mom knew she was right that always believe everything you read everybody, because I am I really am pregnant. And I went to this person and they saw it like on the USA today you know I was drinking a lot and it was true it was so true. And it was just so weird because like then after like everybody you know just always believe what you read because all my management, they just totally knew what they were doing when they sent me to rehab. Like totally. Like they totally knew what they were doing. Like it's just so weird how great and nice our world is, isn't it? And after this nobody's going to talk about this because our world it is so nice. That's all I want to say okay? Okay bye.
IV: Ok thank you Britney.

IV: Ok do you have something to say for x17?
B: ...I'm just really really shocked how nice our world is because it's so nice like oh my god like the other day I was sitting there and I saw these magazines that said I was pregnant and it was so true. Like America, believe everything you read because you're so smart and I'm so stupid like for come on y'all. And then after that I totally saw from USA today that I was drinking all the time like it was so (b)right it was so true. I mean my management totally knew what they were doing when they sent me to rehab. So nice and I'm gonna cry right now because there was this lady and she said to me: "Britney go to the light, go to the light and see Jesus, okay". And I was like oh my god I'm into it and I did it and it happened, and it's so weird because our world's still the same. Thank you so much

IV: You're so nice always with me thanks for everything

*Britney is in restaurant*

B: *inaudible* (can someone help me with this)

*IV films outside salon*

IV: Our cameraman is inside with Britney Spears, here he comes now. Can you tell us what happened there? 
Cameraman: *broken english* Oh yeah, she asked me about everything and she asked can you guys keep nice because she's coming from the rehab now and she's turned out nice
IV: What happened? A security guard came outside and asked you if you were shooting a video? Right? 
Cameraman: Yeah
IV: And then you said yeah I'm shooting video and he said come with me because Britney want's to see you
Cameraman: Yeah because she said you always do a nice job to me and you never put in the problem. You do good job, just come here and talk to me
IV: Did you end up videotaping when you were inside
Cameraman: Yeah I got interview

*IV meets Britney outside the salon*
IV: Britney the whole world want's to know when your next video is coming out or the CD. Do you have any comment's on that? We are waiting you to go on tour and if you were to go, what cities would you guest? What cities are great to stay.
B: I don't know that
IV: Thank you Britney have a nice day.

*The cameraman with broken english enters the shop Britney entered but the interviewer can't go in. The IV meets her security guard(??) outside*

IV: What did she said he went to the guy and...?
Security Guard: She said she want's x17
IV: She said that? She must really love x17..
Security Guard: Are you interviewing me *ducks under the sign*

*Britney's security guard is giving guidelines to paparazzi*

*Rest of the video is paparazzo running for her*

47 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

Interviewer: Hi Britney
Britney: Hi
IV: *introduces himself*
B: Right. Now I just really want to talk and just tell how nice our world is it so nice i'm gonna cry right now because it's so nice. It really is, because oh my god the other day I saw this magazine and I looked at it and it sounds I was pregnant and I went up to my mom and I was like oh my god my mom knew she was right that always believe everything you read everybody, because I am I really am pregnant. And I went to this person and they saw it like on the USA today you know I was drinking a lot and it was true it was so true. And it was just so weird because like then after like everybody you know just always believe what you read because all my management, they just totally knew what they were doing when they sent me to rehab. Like totally. Like they totally knew what they were doing. Like it's just so weird how great and nice our world is, isn't it? And after this nobody's going to talk about this because our world it is so nice. That's all I want to say okay? Okay bye.
IV: Ok thank you Britney.

IV: Ok do you have something to say for x17?
B: ...I'm just really really shocked how nice our world is because it's so nice like oh my god like the other day I was sitting there and I saw these magazines that said I was pregnant and it was so true. Like America, believe everything you read because you're so smart and I'm so stupid like for come on y'all. And then after that I totally saw from USA today that I was drinking all the time like it was so (b)right it was so true. I mean my management totally knew what they were doing when they sent me to rehab. So nice and I'm gonna cry right now because there was this lady and she said to me: "Britney go to the light, go to the light and see Jesus, okay". And I was like oh my god I'm into it and I did it and it happened, and it's so weird because our world's still the same. Thank you so much

IV: You're so nice always with me thanks for everything

*Britney is in restaurant*

B: *inaudible* (can someone help me with this)

*IV films outside salon*

IV: Our cameraman is inside with Britney Spears, here he comes now. Can you tell us what happened there? 
Cameraman: *broken english* Oh yeah, she asked me about everything and she asked can you guys keep nice because she's coming from the rehab now and she's turned out nice
IV: What happened? A security guard came outside and asked you if you were shooting a video? Right? 
Cameraman: Yeah
IV: And then you said yeah I'm shooting video and he said come with me because Britney want's to see you
Cameraman: Yeah because she said you always do a nice job to me and you never put in the problem. You do good job, just come here and talk to me
IV: Did you end up videotaping when you were inside
Cameraman: Yeah I got interview

*IV meets Britney outside the salon*
IV: Britney the whole world want's to know when your next video is coming out or the CD. Do you have any comment's on that? We are waiting you to go on tour and if you were to go, what cities would you guest? What cities are great to stay.
B: I don't know that
IV: Thank you Britney have a nice day.

*The cameraman with broken english enters the shop Britney entered but the interviewer can't go in. The IV meets her security guard(??) outside*

IV: What did she said he went to the guy and...?
Security Guard: She said she want's x17
IV: She said that? She must really love x17..
Security Guard: Are you interviewing me *ducks under the sign*

*Britney's security guard is giving guidelines to paparazzi*

*Rest of the video is paparazzo running for her*

Thank you very much for the translate ? 

so was she sarcastic to her mother too? 

7 hours ago, Dirk said:

I lived for that video during that time, that's Britney for real!

she was being sarcastic about the whole media saying she was doing ***** and she was mad bc her team forced her to seek treatment. also, they twisted her so k-fed and her mom could have the guard of the children. something like that. she felt betrayed by her parents bc they were helping k-fed and not on "her side".

This.

This is how they got her into a conservatorship, and how they maintain the conservatorship to this very day.

6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

This.

I watch these videos and while I find the comical value, you also realise that this was actually such a horrifically real and raw time for her, a human being.

Looking on the outside I don't think any of us will ever be able to understand such circumstances and I don't think anybody ever will - there was such a animal paparazzi culture around her at the time and we'll (thankfully) never get that for anybody again

Part of me does miss this side of Britney though because she was so fearless regardless of this massive circus surrounding her, but because of this it created consequences that til this very day she's paying for and I really think this whole era of her life damaged her on every level possible. And for some strange reason, because of the vulnerability of this era, I'll always root for her.

Archived