Is Britney large

Just now, kasavas said:

Everyone knows who she is in Greece, and they do call her the Pop Princess but she's not that big anymore. She used to be though!

Criminal was massive here, S&S too, but after that, nothing.

That’s how it is here in the US too tbh. Except WB saw some moderate success and Criminal was basically a flop. 

On 1/21/2019 at 10:45 AM, Bundy said:

Good that people aren't offended by the finger anymore 

I remember how it was a big deal around the world in 2002. People thought she was cursing Mexico, not giving a damn about the country, fans etc. Like she was mocking or smt

That and the London premiere thing people just wouldn't stop talking about. 

Those two incidents, the breakup and the partying tarnished her good girl image for good back then. 

But what horror to get 10 minutes late and break up with her boyfriend's moron.It is so ridiculous!That was the excuse to criticize her because they were really looking forward...and what about México because she got tired of how they treated her and she responded like that.The drama about something as simple as if she had done something very serious...I do not want to imagine if she is accused of stealing like Shakira.

6 hours ago, Winter _90 said:

But what horror to get 10 minutes late and break up with her boyfriend's moron.It is so ridiculous!That was the excuse to criticize her because they were really looking forward...and what about México because she got tired of how they treated her and she responded like that.The drama about something as simple as if she had done something very serious...I do not want to imagine if she is accused of stealing like Shakira.

I don't think it was just ten minutes in London. She arrived late and there were a lot of fans waiting outside to see her and she didn't go to see them, to talk to them, nothing. The mexico thing I think media overreacted bc paparazzo were really harassing her, acting like crazy so she naturally responded. The thing was the show that she left after only 4 songs. What about Shakira stealing? Never heard of that before. 

• 1 year later...

her singles generally do better internationally. You have to take into account its been over 4 years since she's released a single. If you had asked this during like Femme Fatale, Circus or Blackout the answer would be dramatically different. Look at how her singles have charted in internationally and how her tours have sold internationally in comparison to the US and you'll see.

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

The way that Criminal was deemed a flop in 2019 but now it’s considered a cult classic thanks to Tik Tok :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

The tik tok generation was at large introduced to britney during the largely successful scream and shout/femme fatale days. It doesn’t surprise me; for people my age circus and blackout were the big albums I think

• Like 1

How I experienced it: after 2007, the public in Western Europe lost most if not all respect for her. 

Despite Circus and FF singles selling reasonably well, Britney the PERSON & PERFORMER died. Many younger fans weren’t even aware of her legacy pre Womanizer. Knew the songs (eg Gimme More & Oops & Toxic), but didn’t connect the dots.

Newspapers were cruel to her touring shows and tore her apart for lack of passion, body shape, etc you name it. 

Even though she may still have sold, she still qualified as a ‘has-been’ in many eyes. 

I got into a dozen heated arguments trying to defend her.