Is Britney large

22 minutes ago, Lorenzo said:

Anche tu sei italiano/a? Ogni volta che la chiamo Principessa del pop i mei amici dicono che esagero haha, comunque io sono diventato un fan verso l’estate 2017 e non sapevo nemmeno dell’esistenza di Make Me

Sisi italiana. Guarda ti dico, da me, nella mia stessa città addirittura, conosco altri fan sfegatati come me. 2 sono andati anche a vederla in concerto l’estate scorsa. La considerano tutti una grandissima, anche i non fan, però certo i non fan non sono molto interessanti a sapere ciò che fa e non sono aggiornati, però continua ad avere l’appeal da grande star. È stato un peccato che Make Me e Slumber Party non siano andati bene. 

Poi comunque La nostra stampa parla sempre di lei, quindi da noi va abbastanza bene

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, ClaudiaDC said:

Sisi italiana. Guarda ti dico, da me, nella mia stessa città addirittura, conosco altri fan sfegatati come me. 2 sono andati anche a vederla in concerto l’estate scorsa. La considerano tutti una grandissima, anche i non fan, però certo i non fan non sono molto interessanti a sapere ciò che fa e non sono aggiornati, però continua ad avere l’appeal da grande star. È stato un peccato che Make Me e Slumber Party non siano andati bene. 

Poi comunque La nostra stampa parla sempre di lei, quindi da noi va abbastanza bene

Sisi appunto, poi anche per quanto riguarda la sua musica comunque credo che vada abbastanza bene, ogni tanto mi capita di sentire Baby One More Time, Oops I Did It Again e Toxic alla radio, poi vabbè sarebbe carino se mettessero anche altre sue canzoni però sempre meglio di tante altre pop star 

• Like 1

Well 50% of people in my country love her and 50% hate her :mariahstare:

there’s no in between! Thankfully I am part of the 50% who love her :unbelievableney: 

she is called the princess of pop by many, but most fans actually call her fairy of pop :cutebrit: 

i suppose that’s because of the oops era shoot where she wore a fairy costume and also the whole mystical, fairy like vibe she had during Britney era as well :gloss:

9 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Is Britney large in European countries like Germany, UK, France, etc.?

What about in Australia or Canada?

Latin America?

Is she considered the ‘undisputed princess of pop’ in these countries like how she is in America or is she simply seen as a fad? I’m genuinely curious since I’m American and don’t know how the general public from other different countries perceive her. :bedtime:

In Germany she's the 6th or 8th best selling female artist there, but people see her as a fad nowadays :bthink:

Here in Italy her star power kinda vanished tbh. You hear her old classics on radio stations but the new songs are not played and flopped. Scream & Shout was a smash hit tho, maybe that was the last song that let her name surfacing again. She has a big core fans that support her no matter what, hence Glory hit the #1 spot on iTunes but other than that she is quite forgotten and most people are stuck at her black days cause the media covered the whole thing like daily. If you talk to random people they will sure bring up the black days topic asking if she is still working or stuff like that. Now u never get TV news about her. She pops from time to time on random gossip gay sites and that's mostly it. Not even here perfumes are being sold here cause they were not selling well. God bless the 70/80 % discount on her fragrances back in the old days. 

• Like 1

In Spain she's not really a thing for her music. I believe BOMT didn't even chart? Which feels weird, but yeah. Toxic I believe was big though. I do remember My Prerogative on the radio, but no Everytime, Do Something, or Gimme More. Womanizer was a hit though, and the Femme Fatale era singles were her peak in Spain, they all reached good positions (Blackout Era singles didn't chart, Circus and IUSA didn't chart). Britney Jean and the singles didn't chart poorly though for her standards in Spain (Work ***** was top #10, Perfume was just out of the #10, #13). Glory charted well in the albums chart but the singles didn't do as great, although at least Make Me charted (compared to many classics that didnt, Break the Ice, Not A Girl, Piece of Me) and Slumber Party charted much higher but away from the top #10 too. However I wasn't a stan back then and I don't remember hearing them on the radio. All of the #s are according to wikipedia btw so they may be wrong

The general consensus is that she's not really an artist. In Spain she was known for her *** appeal, and very few people are/were actually fans for her music (I know one, and she stopped being a fan after the Britney era). It's kinda sad but that's how it is. I remember speaking to a cousin of mine and talking about Britney, she's a singer and she told me she could've had a great voice but she got turned into the product she became. Which, fair point.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Commotion said:

In Spain she's not really a thing for her music. I believe BOMT didn't even chart? Which feels weird, but yeah. Toxic I believe was big though. I do remember My Prerogative on the radio, but no Everytime, Do Something, or Gimme More. Womanizer was a hit though, and the Femme Fatale era singles were her peak in Spain, they all reached good positions (Blackout Era singles didn't chart, Circus and IUSA didn't chart). Britney Jean and the singles didn't chart poorly though for her standards in Spain (Work ***** was top #10, Perfume was just out of the #10, #13). Glory charted well in the albums chart but the singles didn't do as great, although at least Make Me charted (compared to many classics that didnt, Break the Ice, Not A Girl, Piece of Me) and Slumber Party charted much higher but away from the top #10 too. However I wasn't a stan back then and I don't remember hearing them on the radio. All of the #s are according to wikipedia btw so they may be wrong

The general consensus is that she's not really an artist. In Spain she was known for her *** appeal, and very few people are/were actually fans for her music (I know one, and she stopped being a fan after the Britney era). It's kinda sad but that's how it is. I remember speaking to a cousin of mine and talking about Britney, she's a singer and she told me she could've had a great voice but she got turned into the product she became. Which, fair point.

this, plus she's mostly a joke and remembered for the head shave. 

And yes, I remember vividly the Femme Fatale success. They played Criminal, TTWE and IWG all the time on the radio :tiffanynod:
And everyone knows about Scream & Shout too (funny story, one of my friends didn't know Britney sang on it until I told her. Heck, she literally says ''Britney, *****'' :nydisgust:)

Edit: I just remembered I did listen to Make Me on the radio in 2016, it wasn't played a lot though. Except once where I was at a Gamestop and they played Make Me and Slumber Party right after, I need to meet the stan that works there :bareclap:

• Like 1
7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

In Mexico she isn't talked about that much, 'cause she hasn't released anything in so long, but last year whenever they would talk about her Instagram posts or so, in the two biggest tv networks, they would usually express positively about her. The music tv channels, would play her videos a lot, the last ones being IWG, S&S, OLL and WB. They would play PG every once in a while but didn't stick for too long. I occasionally got to see MM or SP, but not anywhere near as much as the first videos I mentioned.

The "Britney señal" ( :fu: ) is generally remembered with humor, especially because most famous people would feel identified with her because in those years the paparazzi were out of control with everyone, so tv hosts and the like feel more empathic in that sense instead of feeling offended or something. She's overall seen as a true artist, at the same level as Christina or Beyoncé, of course it would depend of who is talking about her or in which tv show, but yeah,  her legacy isn't forgotten, nor her talent.

Now, I don't know what the general public thinks of her, 'cause I don't talk to people nor I care about their musical taste when all I hear on the radio is that awful reggaeton ****.

Whenever I watch a show in México, they still refer to the finger as "la Britney señal" 16 after it happened.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Is Britney large in European countries like Germany, UK, France, etc.?

What about in Australia or Canada?

Latin America?

Is she considered the ‘undisputed princess of pop’ in these countries like how she is in America or is she simply seen as a fad? I’m genuinely curious since I’m American and don’t know how the general public from other different countries perceive her as. :bedtime:

I was in Australia for a year, her music plays EVERY week in clubs

• Like 1
On 1/20/2019 at 8:41 PM, BritneyLover said:

In argentina she IS considered the undisputed princess of pop, but at the same time she is not taken seriously nor being respected for her artistic skills.

Its like everyone loves her as if she was a little girl playing that gets away with what she wants, and not loved in a way of a mature grown up singer woman.

And her way of dealing with everything that happened is the reason i find. It was like... NEVER ACTUALLY TALKED ABOUT IT

For example, Rihanna TALKED about what happened to her. And she brings that passion through her performances, lyrics, songs and... Live singing. She embraced it and ppl loved that.

Britney never actually embraced comming back from hell.

She did but in a very VERY "pop" way, amd WEEEEE where the ones to share the messege  to a friend:

"ok..... I know ..  But look what happened in 2007, poor Britney..." To justify her lack of conficende, dancing skills, live singing, zero interaction with fans, stiffness, etc etc etc.

So it all seems and feels just like a conspiracy theory made up by US.

And it worked but it has been freakin 12 years. She HAD the time to recover from that, even the time to take... Singing lessons?

There are no more justifications, it is just HER WILL. And she doesnt give a **** about any of this.

Yet.... after aaaaallll this, the answer still is: Britney is loved and her songs uo till workbitch are still being played at discos and everyone bops to them. Glory never existed at least in argentina

this is basically how it is in the us, except I would say she’s respected as a human being but not so much as a singer, but we all know why that is. I liked your post btw. very abstract.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
On 1/20/2019 at 9:49 PM, Complication said:

She's pretty much a joke now in Australia, the media is always making fun of her. The only songs you ever hear on the radio are her classics (BOMT, Oops, Toxic) during throwback segments, and maybe Womanizer and Circus occasionally. I heard Make Me once when it was released and they seemed to never play it again after that.

I think she kinda ruined her reputation with the Circus tour because people here love raw, outgoing personalities like P!nk and artists that actually sing live. She was SLAMMED for that tour. Although I have no doubt if she came here again, her shows would easily sell out. She still has her (older) fans but the media and younger generations don't care.

Australians are a mess :umwtf: