Is Britney large

Is Britney large in European countries like Germany, UK, France, etc.?

What about in Australia or Canada?

Latin America?

Is she considered the ‘undisputed princess of pop’ in these countries like how she is in America or is she simply seen as a fad? I’m genuinely curious since I’m American and don’t know how the general public from other different countries perceive her as. :bedtime:

• Like 4

In argentina she IS considered the undisputed princess of pop, but at the same time she is not taken seriously nor being respected for her artistic skills.

Its like everyone loves her as if she was a little girl playing that gets away with what she wants, and not loved in a way of a mature grown up singer woman.

And her way of dealing with everything that happened is the reason i find. It was like... NEVER ACTUALLY TALKED ABOUT IT

For example, Rihanna TALKED about what happened to her. And she brings that passion through her performances, lyrics, songs and... Live singing. She embraced it and ppl loved that.

Britney never actually embraced comming back from hell.

She did but in a very VERY "pop" way, amd WEEEEE where the ones to share the messege  to a friend:

"ok..... I know ..  But look what happened in 2007, poor Britney..." To justify her lack of conficende, dancing skills, live singing, zero interaction with fans, stiffness, etc etc etc.

So it all seems and feels just like a conspiracy theory made up by US.

And it worked but it has been freakin 12 years. She HAD the time to recover from that, even the time to take... Singing lessons?

There are no more justifications, it is just HER WILL. And she doesnt give a **** about any of this.

Yet.... after aaaaallll this, the answer still is: Britney is loved and her songs uo till workbitch are still being played at discos and everyone bops to them. Glory never existed at least in argentina

• Like 8

I'm from Brazil and the GP definetely know her songs, but not necessarily who sings it. Although if you say her name most of the people will say "I've heard of her" or "I know her"... And the people who consumes pop music mostly like her and admire her for turning her life around... Musicly speaking, she is loved, her songs are hits here, Criminal for example was a smash hit here in Brazil, people love it until this day... But she is very made fun of cause of the playback as well...

I think it largely depends on the age of the audiences. I was Skyping with two guys in Egypt, ages 20 and 26, and they aren't at all familiar with Britney. Of course, they know of Taylor Swift and ****, but when I asked about Britney Spears, they didn't even know her name. They asked, "what is it that you just said? I don't know that word." And when I sent them a relatively recent candid, they asked if the girl in the picture was a friend of mine! :bcutelaugh:

• Like 2

She's pretty much a joke now in Australia, the media is always making fun of her. The only songs you ever hear on the radio are her classics (BOMT, Oops, Toxic) during throwback segments, and maybe Womanizer and Circus occasionally. I heard Make Me once when it was released and they seemed to never play it again after that.

I think she kinda ruined her reputation with the Circus tour because people here love raw, outgoing personalities like P!nk and artists that actually sing live. She was SLAMMED for that tour. Although I have no doubt if she came here again, her shows would easily sell out. She still has her (older) fans but the media and younger generations don't care.

• Like 4

In Mexico she isn't talked about that much, 'cause she hasn't released anything in so long, but last year whenever they would talk about her Instagram posts or so, in the two biggest tv networks, they would usually express positively about her. The music tv channels, would play her videos a lot, the last ones being IWG, S&S, OLL and WB. They would play PG every once in a while but didn't stick for too long. I occasionally got to see MM or SP, but not anywhere near as much as the first videos I mentioned.

The "Britney señal" ( :fu: ) is generally remembered with humor, especially because most famous people would feel identified with her because in those years the paparazzi were out of control with everyone, so tv hosts and the like feel more empathic in that sense instead of feeling offended or something. She's overall seen as a true artist, at the same level as Christina or Beyoncé, of course it would depend of who is talking about her or in which tv show, but yeah,  her legacy isn't forgotten, nor her talent.

Now, I don't know what the general public thinks of her, 'cause I don't talk to people nor I care about their musical taste when all I hear on the radio is that awful reggaeton ****.

• Like 2

She was big in her Primeney days in Colombia, but nowadays not so much, the FFT broke some records in audience, logistic and box office in her only date and the GP and some TV shows praise her Vegas Residence, her stability, her Instagram posts and the BBMA performance, but she’s kinda forgettable now. 

• Like 3

I live in the Netherlands but almost everyone knows her here ofc she isnt talked about much cuz she isnt releasing anything people are more into Ariana Grande and stuff but almost everyone knows her name and her iconic songs even teenagers so yep i guess:jj: ofc shes not as big as back in her prime but we were expecting that

• Like 1
3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

In Mexico she isn't talked about that much, 'cause she hasn't released anything in so long, but last year whenever they would talk about her Instagram posts or so, in the two biggest tv networks, they would usually express positively about her. The music tv channels, would play her videos a lot, the last ones being IWG, S&S, OLL and WB. They would play PG every once in a while but didn't stick for too long. I occasionally got to see MM or SP, but not anywhere near as much as the first videos I mentioned.

The "Britney señal" ( :fu: ) is generally remembered with humor, especially because most famous people would feel identified with her because in those years the paparazzi were out of control with everyone, so tv hosts and the like feel more empathic in that sense instead of feeling offended or something. She's overall seen as a true artist, at the same level as Christina or Beyoncé, of course it would depend of who is talking about her or in which tv show, but yeah,  her legacy isn't forgotten, nor her talent.

Now, I don't know what the general public thinks of her, 'cause I don't talk to people nor I care about their musical taste when all I hear on the radio is that awful reggaeton ****.

Good that people aren't offended by the finger anymore 

I remember how it was a big deal around the world in 2002. People thought she was cursing Mexico, not giving a damn about the country, fans etc. Like she was mocking or smt

That and the London premiere thing people just wouldn't stop talking about. 

Those two incidents, the breakup and the partying tarnished her good girl image for good back then. 

6 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Is Britney large in European countries like Germany, UK, France, etc.?

What about in Australia or Canada?

Latin America?

Is she considered the ‘undisputed princess of pop’ in these countries like how she is in America or is she simply seen as a fad? I’m genuinely curious since I’m American and don’t know how the general public from other different countries perceive her. :bedtime:

she's an icon :deadbanana:

• Like 3

In the UK she’s popular. Pretty Girls did top 20, FF did well, Make Me was top 20 too, Work ***** was #7, Scream and shout was #1 for 3 weeks, slumber party did ok too. Also her tour here was sold out and it was talked about on a lot of radio stations, magazines etc. She often appears in tabloids here too. 

Also, I’ve only met one or two adults around my age (20) who complain when I put her on in the car. Bearing in mind I’m a very social person. Most people I know like her music and think she’s a queen. 

Last week me and a friend, Kira, watched the OHT while high and she was shook at the BOM/TOMH segment. She was like ‘BEYONCE WHOOOO?’

As far as I can see, people in the UK enjoy her music and think she’s good 

• Like 5

In Italy she’s popular and she’s considered the princess of pop. Everytime press write about her they call her “the princess of pop”. 

She’s now famous for her videos where  she does gym and they invite people to follow her because she has a healthy life. But musically, the last song I heard on radios was Work *****. Glory was #1 in Italy but I have never listened Make Me or Slumber Party on radio 

• Like 3

I live in Italy and she’s still an household name. Maybe younger generations don’t really listen to her but they know her music. I’m 18 (I don’t if I count in the younger generation) and most of my friends know her classics + her hits from FF, S&S and WB which isn’t that bad although I’d say her impact here is underrated, once I referred to her as “the princess of pop” and my friends said that I was exaggerating, but they do know that MJ is the king of pop and that Madonna is the queen of pop..

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, ClaudiaDC said:

In Italy she’s popular and she’s considered the princess of pop. Everytime press write about her they call her “the princess of pop”. 

She’s now famous for her videos where  she does gym and the invite people to follow her because she has a healthy life. But musically, the last song I heard on radios was Work *****. Glory was #1 in Italy but I have never listened Make Me or Slumber Party on radio 

Anche tu sei italiano/a? Ogni volta che la chiamo Principessa del pop i mei amici dicono che esagero haha, comunque io sono diventato un fan verso l’estate 2017 e non sapevo nemmeno dell’esistenza di Make Me