Will she ever “come back”?

glorybitch

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe so, not unless she finds her passion for creating music again. I think she enjoys performing (for the most part), but the actual passion for creating music might be gone. However, she did have a lot more input with Glory, so if she's more involved with her next album, maybe we'll see that spark come back. 2016 was the most passionate and driven we'd seen her in years, I'd love to see her that happy again. 

I understand that she feels like she has nothing left to prove, but shouldn't creating music be less about pleasing an audience and more about making something you're proud of? I guess that's ignorant to say considering she's released albums like Femme Fatale and Britney Jean, because even though the former is a solid album, it doesn't feel personal at all. 

1 minute ago, onyxfatale said:

I don't believe so, not unless she finds her passion for creating music again. I think she enjoys performing (for the most part), but the actual passion for creating music might be gone. However, she did have a lot more input with Glory, so if she's more involved with her next album, maybe we'll see that spark come back. 2016 was the most passionate and driven we'd seen her in years, I'd love to see her that happy again. 

Exactly this! Happiness is the most important.. I can see maybe a single going #1 again, and more passionate performances but like it’s been said she’s not reliable when it comes to her “spark”! She’ll never have the same hype surrounding her as before.. 

2 minutes ago, kneetap said:

You have a point there! And tbh i do sort of like that aspect of her personality, its refreshing. Just not towards her career.

that is what I love about her personality also. even though it was a sad time, I love 2007 Britney gives me life. 

I think it’s very possible that she can have a musical impact where he album does well and has a number of great singles that do good on the charts.

But her personality will never really be what we remember and nostalgically enjoy. She’s grown and changed, and I can’t be angry or mad with that. But I can see us having a FF era moment.

Her music was crazy popular and everything was pretty good, except she wasn’t there mentally. But it would be different, cuz I think she’s genuinely happier these days than she was back in 2011. 

Yes she’ll be back. She’s pretty competitive (in a good way). I think this “stop” she has now for her father’s health it’s good for relaxing, charging battery and work better on her album. So I wish this year she’ll take care of herself and comeback stronger. Every big artist has a period were their fame isn’t at top. Look for example Madonna at the end of ‘90s early 00s. 

So I am still very optimist. I loved 2016ney tho

I think she can be moderately successful, but never on the level of 1999-2009. Good music (****, even one amazing single that does well on radio) would help and her name alone brings a lot of hype, despite what a lot of people here think.

I truly think the main reason for the low ticket sales are because POM lasted so long, and she JUST finished touring. People who were itching to see her just got a taste, there’s no reason for those who just saw her to drop thousands of dollars to travel to Vegas. 

I think it depends on what your idea of ‘comeback’ is. I wouldn’t count her down and out, but I’m certainly not expecting Circus level hype of ‘comeback’ :yaknow:

3 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I think it’s very possible that she can have a musical impact where he album does woman’s has a number of great singles that do good on the charts.

But her personality will never really be what we remember and nostalgically enjoy. She’s grown and changed, and I can’t be angry or mad with that. But I can see us having a FF era moment.

Her music was crazy popular and everything was pretty good, except she wasn’t there mentally. But it would be different, cuz I think she’s genuinely happier these days than she was back in 2011. 

Agreed with u

18 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I think it’s very possible that she can have a musical impact where he album does woman’s has a number of great singles that do good on the charts.

15 minutes ago, ClaudiaDC said:

Yes she’ll be back. She’s pretty competitive (in a good way). I think this “stop” she has now for her father’s health it’s good for relaxing, charging battery and work better on her album. So I wish this year she’ll take care of herself and comeback stronger. Every big artist has a period were their fame isn’t at top. Look for example Madonna at the end of ‘90s early 00s. 

So I am still very optimist. I loved 2016ney tho

I agree with you both.. I think she can come back musically, but her performances and personality will never be the same. then again, she is almost 40 and a mom now so.. 

14 minutes ago, gl0rybi*ch said:

I agree with you both.. I think she can come back musically, but her performances and personality will never be the same. then again, she is almost 40 and a mom now so.. 

She can do what she wants musically...but performing wise, it's over.  She's almost 40 and her entire prime performing appeal was based on rigorous choreography/stage presence in the first place.  In reality, was fortunate to have the success she's had in the last decade. (Based on nostalgia which has finally faded).

I also think her medications eroded her performing but then again, why was a medicated person performing? (It was all nostalgia, but that's finally done.)

She should enjoy her life.  For a teen star, no matter how big, she's had an incredible career.  Her team should know they've been scamming fans for a decade.  But she should enjoy her life away from the public eye.  She's wealthy, she gets royalties from fragrances but performing wise- no.

13 minutes ago, gl0rybi*ch said:

Yes she changed, but it’s human nature. I am not the same girl I was 10 years ago. 

Look JT he changed a lot. Nowadays he’s completely an other person

I think she could be how she was in 2016 again...that's not unreasonable. She's not very consistent and she has lots of ups and downs so just because she performed horribly last year doesn't mean next year or whenever she won't be better. You just never know with Britney.  She could be worse than ever or she could pleasantly surprise us. I don't think she'll ever be "relevant" again though. Her biggest chance of having a hit is by being featured on someone elses hit song. 

12 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

This is a good thread, lots of positivity and nice chatter. How rare on Exhale.  :jj:

Maybe if everyone was a bit more positive around here britney would come back better than ever :demi:

.. Just kidding :airpls:

I think for her career to take a different path, everything would have to change. From her team, to the way her record label treats her. If they're still expecting to release a Britney album and have Ariana Grande's numbers, they'll keep stopping the eras at the second single (if we're lucky enough to have a second single).

And if she'll keep having these abysmal breaks between albums, whatever gains she does, won't be consistent, and every new album or single or project is gonna be like starting from zero. One year out of the music scene is a lot, let alone 3 or 4. People forgets, new artists come every day and with them, a new group of people, a new generation that consumes the new music, and artists that disappear for too long like Britney, they just lose their spot.

She could still have an enjoyable career for her and the fans if the record label and her team understood she just can't appeal to the masses anymore and they just have to release stuff for the fans. Having consistent eras, with several singles, even if there's just moderate success.

But no, a few years ago I still had some hopes that with the right timing, the right single, the right videoclip, she could still have one last hit, but every year they let pass, the chances decrease. I used to blame the music videos, because we had three horrible experiences in a row: Perfume, Pretty Girls and Make Me..., but then SP came out with a good video, and it just proved it wasn't enough anymore. Too much time had passed already to expect that just a good video would do the trick. So two years later, plus adding this year, to see IIIIIIF she starts recording B10, to have probably a mid-late 2020 release (being positive), I really, really think not even an awesome song would be enough anymore. It would have to happen a miracle, or they would have to release it when nobody is releasing anything.

13 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think for her career to take a different path, everything would have to change. From her team, to the way her record label treats her. If they're still expecting to release a Britney album and have Ariana Grande's numbers, they'll keep stopping the eras at the second single (if we're lucky enough to have a second single).

And if she'll keep having these abysmal breaks between albums, whatever gains she does, won't be consistent, and every new album or single or project is gonna be like starting from zero. One year out of the music scene is a lot, let alone 3 or 4. People forgets, new artists come every day and with them, a new group of people, a new generation that consumes the new music, and artists that disappear for too long like Britney, they just lose their spot.

She could still have an enjoyable career for her and the fans if the record label and her team understood she just can't appeal to the masses anymore and they just have to release stuff for the fans. Having consistent eras, with several singles, even if there's just moderate success.

But no, a few years ago I still had some hopes that with the right timing, the right single, the right videoclip, she could still have one last hit, but every year they let pass, the chances decrease. I used to blame the music videos, because we had three horrible experiences in a row: Perfume, Pretty Girls and Make Me..., but then SP came out with a good video, and it just proved it wasn't enough anymore. Too much time had passed already to expect that just a good video would do the trick. So two years later, plus adding this year, to see IIIIIIF she starts recording B10, to have probably a mid-late 2020 release (being positive), I really, really think not even an awesome song would be enough anymore. It would have to happen a miracle, or they would have to release it when nobody is releasing anything.

You make some very good points - and i totally agree with you. For a whole “comeback” to standards like ariana she’ll need a new work ethic, a new team, passion etc.. As long as the c-ship is in place I don’t think we’ll get that :crying1:

I just hope she has one last successful era before her 40’s, does one last recidency and maybe a tour.. and see what happens after that :britstare:

People keep asking this question. She will never be what she was. She might be able to have another successful album with sales higher than BJ and Glory (closer to FF) if she changes her ways. But she's not gonna do that. We have seen no indication in the TEN years since Circus that she if going to bring it again. In fact, in most respects she has just gotten worse and lost a lot of what made her popular. I don't see her having a Confessions or Private Dancer in her 40s, but she is welcome to prove everyone wrong.

Archived