Domination choreographer Nika Kljun... *cringe*

13 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

at what point did dancers forget to follow the beat though? :idkney:

That second video in the OP, it's very Currentney in the sense that it seems she's dancing to an imaginary song that we can't listen, because it just doesn't match the song. That obsession with trying to fit 56437 moves in half a second is ridiculous.

I don't know about music terms or dance terms or any kind of theory about that, but when I look at something, I know when it looks good and I know, and we all know, when it just looks horrendous. In my opinion, choreographies are better when moves follow the pace of the lyrics in the song. If there is a music break with no words, then it has to match the strongest beat, the main beat that defines the melody, but this type of dancing seems like they're trying to create a move for every single tiny sound that they hear.

I was watching the other day a clip from the Circus tour, I don't remember if it was Circus or BOMT, but Britney was just walking around the stage at some moments, but she somehow managed to match every single step with the beat of the music, and it looked perfect, there was harmony, there was beauty and perfection lol I'd rather have that, than having these thousands of "fierce" moves that make the dancer look like they're having a stroke or something.

I agree with you but what I meant is that currently, most of the professional dancers like exagerating everything and doing 1000 dance moves in 1 minute. It ends up being exhausting to watch them and I don't really enjoy it. That's why I always prefered Britney's dancing (in her prime of course). She was so fluid and never overdid the dance moves. It was perfection :yesplease:

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I really hope that when she returns to the stage it's with a whole new team.

I can't stand the inauthenticity any more. :sippinga:

19 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

at what point did dancers forget to follow the beat though? :idkney:

That second video in the OP, it's very Currentney in the sense that it seems she's dancing to an imaginary song that we can't listen, because it just doesn't match the song. That obsession with trying to fit 56437 moves in half a second is ridiculous.

I don't know about music terms or dance terms or any kind of theory about that, but when I look at something, I know when it looks good and I know, and we all know, when it just looks horrendous. In my opinion, choreographies are better when moves follow the pace of the lyrics in the song. If there is a music break with no words, then it has to match the strongest beat, the main beat that defines the melody, but this type of dancing seems like they're trying to create a move for every single tiny sound that they hear.

I was watching the other day a clip from the Circus tour, I don't remember if it was Circus or BOMT, but Britney was just walking around the stage at some moments, but she somehow managed to match every single step with the beat of the music, and it looked perfect, there was harmony, there was beauty and perfection lol I'd rather have that, than having these thousands of "fierce" moves that make the dancer look like they're having a stroke or something.

Well the fact she didn’t know the song name from the lyrics speaks volumes.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, CrAzAY said:

The cringe is real, she looks like a cheerleader trying to be hood. 

Its weird cause hip hop was popular in the early 2000s too but the trend never got this corny. But early 2000s hip hop was good, and today’s hip hop is...well...trash. Trash makes for more trash I guess. 

Someone needs to save this music industry.

On my way *******:walkonby:

make sure to be part of my fanbase 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

I agree with you but what I meant is that currently, most of the professional dancers like exagerating everything and doing 1000 dance moves in 1 minute. It ends up being exhausting to watch them and I don't really enjoy it. That's why I always prefered Britney's dancing (in her prime of course). She was so fluid and never overdid the dance moves. It was perfection :yesplease:

Britney made it look as if it was easy. Even though Overprotected or MATM choreos, etc, weren't moves that a normal person would do at the club or something, she made them look normal, natural. She looked like she wasn't even thinking about the steps or the time, the moves just flowed naturally, matched the song, and it all just created the perfect illusion. It was effortlessly even though it most likely took her a lot of practice to achieve that level of ease.

• Love 1
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, jennyj said:

LOL I thought so too... first thought was Regina's Mom in Mean Girls

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

she dances like a mom with a teenage daughter who goes to the gym and takes zumba classes and one day decides that she wants to be a choreographer so her husband goes along with it and helps her start a business and then she finds other soccer moms who are secretly jealous of her to make her their queen bee and they all go along with it... and then once she has a few friends that go along with it, people start taking her seriously 

• Like 4

Wow, I have to really sign in because all of you shitty nonsense comments about it. You clearly don't know who is Nika and of course, you choose not the best videos. She IS THE BEST (not exaggerated) choreographer/dancer at the moment, and It's a miracle that she worked with britney, she should be grateful to be the one who choreographed her performances. 

Quote: "who has worked with some of the biggest names in entertainment, including Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, and Cher Lloyd. She has been a resident dancer for X Factor USA and choreographed a number of dances for Dancing with the Stars. She is an ambassador of dance for Slovenia and a global spokesperson for Nike." And btw, she aint a diva like Brian Friedman :well: (she is actually really sweet and humble lol)

She always delivers good quality choreos, most of them are very body fluid and complex in a way that she can understands how the muscles moves. She captures your attention with her incredible dance talents and her involvement with the music and lyrics, here are some of them.

Spoiler

(last one my favorite)

If you believe Charm LaDonna 10 year old zumba steps was better than this (or Mikey Pesante), you should reeducate yourself and go to the light and see jesus :akii: don't forget the music evolves, as well the type of dancing.

And stop with that bullshit "brinty needs real hip hop choreographers that KnOw how her body moves" y'all know currentney is not a real dancer right? and dancer should be versatile in the way they should know how to dance and interact with the different types of music, not butt wipes and ticks all over here and there, she shouldn't stick to basics. :xfactorlook: It is not Nika's fault if she aint putting 0 effort on learning how to dance, so do not blame her, or all of choreographers btw.

and I don't blame your hate and non-existence knowledge about what's dancer is good and what's not, we've been stanning a hairflip-ticking-breast explosion artist for so long... :nochillbrit:

so yea...stop bitching, or retaliate with Nika, Nappytabs for what's been  going on, I'm pretty sure they were giving their 100% on the rehearsals, respect them for god sake.:decisions:

• Like 2

Yeah, well, I don't care if she's the best at the moment. For me, her style of dancing isn't good. It's true she makes too much dance moves in one second. And BTW, people were mocking Brian's dancing too.

The second video isn't bad, but still too many moves. IMO, it doesn't look good. Too much it's too much. Sometimes less is more. I'm not asking for fart-airing nor knee bending. Honestly, Mikey's choreo for that Janet song was much better than whatever this Nika did.

• Like 4
23 hours ago, Oxic said:

Wow, I have to really sign in because all of you shitty nonsense comments about it. You clearly don't know who is Nika and of course, you choose not the best videos. She IS THE BEST (not exaggerated) choreographer/dancer at the moment, and It's a miracle that she worked with britney, she should be grateful to be the one who choreographed her performances. 

Quote: "who has worked with some of the biggest names in entertainment, including Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, and Cher Lloyd. She has been a resident dancer for X Factor USA and choreographed a number of dances for Dancing with the Stars. She is an ambassador of dance for Slovenia and a global spokesperson for Nike." And btw, she aint a diva like Brian Friedman :well: (she is actually really sweet and humble lol)

She always delivers good quality choreos, most of them are very body fluid and complex in a way that she can understands how the muscles moves. She captures your attention with her incredible dance talents and her involvement with the music and lyrics, here are some of them.

Reveal hidden contents

(last one my favorite)

If you believe Charm LaDonna 10 year old zumba steps was better than this (or Mikey Pesante), you should reeducate yourself and go to the light and see jesus :akii: don't forget the music evolves, as well the type of dancing.

And stop with that bullshit "brinty needs real hip hop choreographers that KnOw how her body moves" y'all know currentney is not a real dancer right? and dancer should be versatile in the way they should know how to dance and interact with the different types of music, not butt wipes and ticks all over here and there, she shouldn't stick to basics. :xfactorlook: It is not Nika's fault if she aint putting 0 effort on learning how to dance, so do not blame her, or all of choreographers btw.

and I don't blame your hate and non-existence knowledge about what's dancer is good and what's not, we've been stanning a hairflip-ticking-breast explosion artist for so long... :nochillbrit:

so yea...stop bitching, or retaliate with Nika, Nappytabs for what's been  going on, I'm pretty sure they were giving their 100% on the rehearsals, respect them for god sake.:decisions:

Just because she's worked with big names, doesn't make her a good choreographer.  You mentioned the OP only included not the best videos, yet you didn't provide any actual GOOD examples yourself.  If you look at her Insta and YouTube, the majority of her work is pretty cringe and campy and trying to fit thousands of unnecessary moves in one second.  Britney and her dancers choreographed better numbers themselves compared to the works she's done IMO, and the majority here seems to agree.  And a good choreographer will actually take the time to cater the choreography to the actual performers, not just throw their own crap on them like she and many of the POM choreographers did.