Britney Spears Content Gradually Deleted from YouTube

Alice X

Weird thing.... I've never been dramatizing over Britney unfollowing a celebrity or a celebrity unfollowing Britney... :jlostare: 

BUT, it seems that more and more Britney Spears content gets deleted from YouTube, Instagram and Facebook and I was wondering why? 

Let's take Jimmy Kimmel for example, he just had a prank by Dua Lipa and I was like "cool, I'd like to see Britney's again". So I searched his channel and nope, this video is no longer there. I founded Miley's and Rihanna's, but Britney's prank is deleted. This also goes with some videos with Ellen. They were taken down from the official channel. So I checked some photos on Instagram, a lot were taken down. 

What's going on? Is she trying to completely hide and asks people to delete the non-RCA-related content? :whatitellu:

If I missed something, please enlighten me... :lemmetellu:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, well, I can't tell for allll the content, but in Jimmy Kimmel's case it's been discussed before, it was most likely because of the MM song. I think that's something that happens automatically, like when you try to upload a video with any Glory song. Even her own video for the Private Show commercial was once deleted. Maybe a video can stay there for a while, but sooner or later YT's software finds out about it.

With Ellen, I don't know what's the deal with her, but her channel always is setting some videos as private, and then they come back again. Like, for example the 2012 video where Psy teaches Britney and Ellen the Gangnam Style, is up there again for the public now (already reached 60M views btw) but for a while it was set as private, precisely around the time she went to Ellen in 2016. It's like they only wanted the public to see the latest appearance and not the older one, but I think that's silly.

I can't speak for other channels, but I know that Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon remove content from their channels after a while. They usually keep performances/interviews up for a few months, then they delete them. I don't know why they do it, but it's not just Britney, so don't worry. :)

it's normal for late night/daytime tv to pull old content from their YT/website. they have soooo much content so they always have to recycle some things.. but then repost it out of the blue later. weird yes, but it happens so i don't think it's intentionally britney's team :)

32 minutes ago, onyxfatale said:

I can't speak for other channels, but I know that Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon remove content from their channels after a while. They usually keep performances/interviews up for a few months, then they delete them. I don't know why they do it, but it's not just Britney, so don't worry. :)

Good, but Rihanna's prank is older and it's still there. Ellen's videos with Britney are removed (the newer ones) and older ones are there. :tbh:

She dreads that we’re keeping her famous. So with that being said, I wouldn’t be surprised if somehow “she” is slowly getting rid of everything hoping that we don’t notice.

B hun, like it or not we’re obsessed with you. And a ***** notices everything. It’s a term of endearment.  :jj:

I just wish that she felt the same way about her legacy as we do. She really is a true iconic and she changed music in a big way. It’s sad that she doesn’t seem to want to be a part of that. 

Archived