Britney's 'Domination' Won't Reportedly Return Until 2020

6 hours ago, Sharkney said:

Will we get another announcement that she has an announcement to make to make up for the lies that was the supposedly officially silent announcement which was after the announcement about that announcement though? :airpls:

No, they will probably just put the tickets on sale on Ticketmaster without telling anyone except for a few Instagram stories with the same Domination picture, only with the name changed for Stronger.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think, in ideal world they would take this year to prepare a really good album, a really good show for next year, a promo strategy, etc, but, c'mon, we didn't start stanning for Britney yesterday, we should've learned our lesson by now.

I think when she says she's taking a hiatus, she's saying it for real, like, no dance studio, no recording studio, no nothing related to work or her career, even if by our logic it was totally possible for her to do all these things throughout the year.

I also wish like all of you that we get a new single at least before 2020. The year has just started, anything can happen from now till December, but we shouldn't really set our expectations that high. Or just don't be mad when the year ends and we don't get anything. 

6 hours ago, portrait said:

brand new information :idgi: 

1 hour ago, maquisl said:

Image result for that's brand new information

1 hour ago, CasanovaCat said:

Ok, and what?

Y'all didn't have to click into the thread, as i said we basically knew this already but at least this time its actually confirmed than assumptions. NappyTabs was just guessing on a possible return, Park MGM never specified.. Just reporting what i see like we all do, no need to post into a thread that doesnt have any new information 

3 hours ago, David Rose said:

It depends what your criteria is. If money is your only criteria, she's doing fine.

If we're talking about her relevance as a current artist, being able to demand the best songs from top producers and getting played on the radio and charting and having enough interest to release four singles and music videos from an album like a proper complete era...she's not in a good place at all. She can't really tour with new albums/music, she has to use nostalgia, and even then, the interest is waning more and more as time passes. 

When you take Vegas out of the equation for 2019, even her earnings will be far less impressive.

Well at this point she shouldn't be making music exclusively for radio and charting. She's had that already. I'd rather her make good music and videos (at least 3 singles) and tour. She can shape a show that highlights her greatest hits in a new way and still have the new stuff. 

but what you're saying about her artistry is true. While Glory was good she needs to keep that same energy and amp it up

23 minutes ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

Well at this point she shouldn't be making music exclusively for radio and charting. She's had that already. I'd rather her make good music and videos (at least 3 singles) and tour. She can shape a show that highlights her greatest hits in a new way and still have the new stuff. 

but what you're saying about her artistry is true. While Glory was good she needs to keep that same energy and amp it up

Touring with new music isn’t in the cards for her anymore, like she can’t attach an album name to a tour and have it sell. That I am sure of. It would have to be billed as a greatest hits show with a few new songs on the set list. But IMO even that is gonna be harder to do now. She’s at the very least gonna have to wait a few years before even considering trying that again, and I still think it would struggle with her current career trajectory.

I agree that charts shouldn’t be her main priority when making new music. Ideally I want her to be inspired and release stuff she likes - she shines when she does that. But at the end of the day she is and always will be a commercial pop artist whose relevance and ability to deliver content will be heavily based on whether she is selling. The label will make sure of that. So yeah, charts shouldn’t be a main priority, but recording a couple of commercially driven smashes can only help her (and us).

I mean I honestly don’t even think she can smash a chart anymore even with a perfect song, I truly don’t. There’s too many chart criterion that she just can’t excel in for various reasons. But I’m more trying to allude to the fact that major producers wouldn’t be willing to give her their best material anyway given the place she’s in in her career and the competition for those great songs with more current and passionate artists.

This is good.

She needs a year off.

Aside from being at her dad's side, she's worked consistently for the past several years.

Let her have time to unwind, enjoy her personal life and do what she needs to do 

Then when she's ready to start from where she left off, we will all be here ready. After a restful much needed break.

13 hours ago, David Rose said:

Touring with new music isn’t in the cards for her anymore, like she can’t attach an album name to a tour and have it sell. That I am sure of. It would have to be billed as a greatest hits show with a few new songs on the set list. But IMO even that is gonna be harder to do now. She’s at the very least gonna have to wait a few years before even considering trying that again, and I still think it would struggle with her current career trajectory.

I agree that charts shouldn’t be her main priority when making new music. Ideally I want her to be inspired and release stuff she likes - she shines when she does that. But at the end of the day she is and always will be a commercial pop artist whose relevance and ability to deliver content will be heavily based on whether she is selling. The label will make sure of that. So yeah, charts shouldn’t be a main priority, but recording a couple of commercially driven smashes can only help her (and us).

I mean I honestly don’t even think she can smash a chart anymore even with a perfect song, I truly don’t. There’s too many chart criterion that she just can’t excel in for various reasons. But I’m more trying to allude to the fact that major producers wouldn’t be willing to give her their best material anyway given the place she’s in in her career and the competition for those great songs with more current and passionate artists.

This makes me sad :(

I really hope tho that she comes back with some serious bangers like S&S but as a solo artist and an even better production. I know she has it in her. 

I'd be here if she would be doing a song with Mark Ronson. Or The Neptune's, Bloodshy and Avant or a song with a deep ****/r&b sound with Pharell. Danja is implied and long overdue if you ask me

I just wanna say that I'm kinda sad that the last performance we're getting this decade was that Grand Prix show :embarrassney:

Or that we spent almost half the decade with no new Britney videos / singles.

Also, I hope her father recovers and that she can enjoy this time with her family and such, but I see everyone so excited about the break, like so extremely positive that she's gonna come back next year or whenever that is, like some kind of phoenix with Primeney skills, but I'm afraid we'll get, if any, something worse than what we were supposed to get with Domination. Like, it's not like she's gonna spend the whole year at the dance studio or that she'll come back with good choreographers, and makeup artists, and great outfits, I mean, why would things be different just because she has a year off? :beynah:

I'll always adore her and I'll wait patiently till she announces any dates so I can see her again, or till she releases a new song with at least half a video, but I've totally lost any hopes of having a new decent era again, and I'm also not expecting to see again the kind of progress she showed from 2013-2016. But I'd love to be proven wrong ;)

9 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I just wanna say that I'm kinda sad that the last performance we're getting this decade was that Grand Prix show :embarrassney:

Or that we spent almost half the decade with no new Britney videos / singles.

Also, I hope her father recovers and that she can enjoy this time with her family and such, but I see everyone so excited about the break, like so extremely positive that she's gonna come back next year or whenever that is, like some kind of phoenix with Primeney skills, but I'm afraid we'll get, if any, something worse than what we were supposed to get with Domination. Like, it's not like she's gonna spend the whole year at the dance studio or that she'll come back with good choreographers, and makeup artists, and great outfits, I mean, why would things be different just because she has a year off? :beynah:

I'll always adore her and I'll wait patiently till she announces any dates so I can see her again, or till she releases a new song with at least half a video, but I've totally lost any hopes of having a new decent era again, and I'm also not expecting to see again the kind of progress she showed from 2013-2016. But I'd love to be proven wrong ;)

THE Grand Prix :crying1:

I’m with the general fans on this one, a break in 2019 seems so right for her. Hopefully the ‘Domination’ crew have all been compensated and given another opportunity. I’m excited for her to enjoy life, family and freedom for a beat.... we’ll get an album and show so worth the wait 

On 1/18/2019 at 3:15 PM, David Rose said:

Yeah, hopping on some collabs wouldn’t be too much. Keep her name floating around even if they aren’t singles. It’s also BIG TIME that she’s not really doing anything innovative with her eras anymore and the quality control is not there. Madonna is still high tour seller because she changes up massively- she isn’t afraid to try something new and (most of the time) it comes out looking great. 

The energy is back but what’s bringing new and old fans in for round 2? A new perfume? The new excitement that does come ends up messed up at the end. OVER AND OVER to the point that it’s painfully obvious they are throwing **** together and expecting it to make $$$$. It’s a shame cause even w the mess that Make Me was it did pretty decent, if people see that she is still invested in new things that’ll only help!

maybe I’m delusional but she could do an album tour still but not arena level. It would be a small theater tour (Mariah still tours new album) 

Yeah the big producers probably wouldn’t give her their best (or maybe they would) but she does enjoy working with new people. So she getthe best from the rookies

if Karen Kwak and Larry is reading this :orangu: (as if):

keep making great music but let’s try something new with the era. Anything. Don’t do anything new unless she really commits to it

PRE RECORD. If Britney is bored, then change the set list, she has enough songs! 

FLATTERING CHOREO AND COSTUMES. Doesn’t have to be complicated

CROSS PROMOTE- Prerogative could’ve been a cool way to bring in new dark theme for Domination. Release the song used in trailer. (don’t mind the perfumes but there’s a difference between 81726th Fantasy and this)

HAVE A PLAN WITH NEW THINGS 

Please take your time with this new show and album and really give us something that BRITNEY HERSELF IS PROUD OF

Archived