First official pic of Rainbow Fantasy

BOBIBCFBG

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bottle is cute but frankly a little childish (as are the vast majority of Britney’s fragrances honestly). :ehum:

I mean, while admittedly I do still use them occasionally, I was obsessed with them as a teenage girl, which definitely still appears to be the core audience they’re appealing to based upon marketing, price, the stores wherein they’re primarily sold (e.g., Kohl’s, Walmart), and even the notes/scents themselves.

I mean, realistically, the majority of professional adults, regardless of gender, aren't going to want to intentionally smell like “prismatic cotton candy,” or anything else overly sweet. :mhm: 

I'm aware the fragrances are widely popular, but I would love for her to release just one high-end perfume with a target demographic that’s far more mature and adult. 

Personally, I doubt I’ll try this latest one because the notes sound extremely similar to ones she’s already released and I’m frankly very bored of the Fantasy collection at this point.

However, I do still occasionally use several of her fragrances (Curious, the original Fantasy, Midnight Fantasy, and Private Show). I’m still very Curious™ to try Prerogative as well. But I can’t keep up with all these weekly releases anymore! :wontcry:

However, I will say that Rainbow Fantasy would’ve been a great fragrance to release during LGBT Pride Month, particularly since Britney headlined Brighton Pride. Seems like a missed opportunity to promote both the cause and her own tour. :verycool:

(But of course, that would’ve required actually planning ahead of time and coordinating schedules with Britney’s multiple other projects, all of which Team B seems incapable of doing). :juggingu:

Spoiler

But hopefully we’ll at least get another new commercial out of this, since frankly they’re far better visuals than her music videos as of late. :tbh:

The difference in quality is nearly laughable, honestly. The commercials are ****, age-appropriate and have high-production value. They show what Britney is still capable of executing in terms of confidence, sensuality and an ability to evolve and adapt to current trends in terms of styling and overall aesthetics. But unfortunately, her actual official music videos and performances are increasingly not demonstrating any of those qualities. 

Visual to promote actual new music (and lead single, at that):

tumblr_obgkucEVWp1rdutw3o1_400.gif

britney-2.gif?w=580&h=370

W9R7.gif

W9R8.gif

W9R5.gif

6Jrl.gif

Visuals to promote her 800th fragrance:

tumblr_pbyspiC56v1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

tumblr_pbyssyYNds1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

tumblr_pg1nnr3odZ1veitrro1_400.gif

tumblr_pk3tymtPQC1w48wlho3_500.gif

tumblr_pk3tymtPQC1w48wlho2_500.gif

tumblr_pk3tymtPQC1w48wlho4_500.gif

tumblr_pk3tymtPQC1w48wlho1_500.gif

tumblr_pjy4b4jXyT1w48wlho4_250.gif

tumblr_pjy4b4jXyT1w48wlho2_250.gif

tumblr_pjy4b4jXyT1w48wlho1_250.gif

tumblr_pjy4b4jXyT1w48wlho3_250.gif

tumblr_pi9sedEmvb1w48wlho2_500.gif

tumblr_pi9sedEmvb1w48wlho1_500.gif

giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

However, I will say that Rainbow Fantasy would’ve been a great fragrance to release during LGBT Pride Month, particularly since Britney headlined Brighton Pride. Seems like a missed opportunity to promote both the cause and her own tour. :verycool:

(But of course, that would’ve required actually planning ahead of time and coordinating schedules with Britney’s multiple other projects, all of which Team B seems incapable of doing). :juggingu:

Hide contents

But hopefully we’ll at least get another new commercial out of this, since frankly they’re far better visuals than her music videos as of late. :tbh:

Yeah, it would've made sense. I think they released this original Fantasy with a "pride" inspired box instead when she was in Europe last year.

Britney-Fantasy-limited-edition-Pride-fo

Maybe this was what inspired Rainbow Fantasy. :yaknow:

And about the commercials, I don't think we've had any commercial for the Fantasy editions, at least since the 2012 one (was it Fantasy Twist?). We only get new ads for the new perfumes like Private Show or Prerogative. 

52 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yeah, it would've made sense. I think they released this original Fantasy with a "pride" inspired box instead when she was in Europe last year.

Britney-Fantasy-limited-edition-Pride-fo

Maybe this was what inspired Rainbow Fantasy. :yaknow:

And about the commercials, I don't think we've had any commercial for the Fantasy editions, at least since the 2012 one (was it Fantasy Twist?). We only get new ads for the new perfumes like Private Show or Prerogative. 

I didn’t even know about that limited edition of Fantasy! But even the current tagline for “Rainbow Fantasy” would've made far more sense had it been referring to the broad spectrum of sexuality, which is obviously mirrored by the spectrum of colors within the rainbow.

I was honestly just thinking about the recent amazing fragrance commercials, like for Private Show and Prerogative, and not even realizing they don’t bother making them anymore (or even doing new photoshoots) for any of the new Fantasy fragrances.

But, I do maintain that her latest perfume commercials actually illustrate the popstar she still could be. Fun, ****, current, stunning, charismatic.

In contrast, her most recent music videos and performances rarely show the extent of those qualities (and sometimes hide them entirely). She needs that kind of expensive, high-end production, (and professional styling with which she has minimal input), as seen in the aforementioned ads, because she seriously shines just like “Prime” Britney within them, but sadly no one aside from the fanbase is even exposed to them.

THIS (I.e., what Britney fans see):

tumblr_phjbji4aFg1w48wlho4_400.gif

tumblr_phjbji4aFg1w48wlho1_400.gif

tumblr_phjbji4aFg1w48wlho3_400.gif

tumblr_pg1nnkpMeL1w48wlho1_400.gif

tumblr_pg1nnkpMeL1w48wlho4_400.gif

tumblr_pg1q4e01Bf1veitrro1_500.giftumblr_pg1q4e01Bf1veitrro2_500.gif

when-you%E2%80%99re-first-in-the-office-

1293e05e859d46aded5512630fc14068

tumblr_oded3umHem1t1ikz9o1_400.gif

tumblr_oskyx6RZ8b1w48wlho2_250.gif

VS THIS (I.e., what the GP sees):

tumblr_noaww4e9dQ1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

2015%252F05%252F13%252F82%252Fbritneysmi

9tSC.gif

tumblr_pjhhz72fER1w48wlho2_540.gif

tumblr_pjhhz72fER1w48wlho1_540.gif

WFpJ.gif

giphy.gif

The wasted potential is nearly physically painful to observe. 

1 minute ago, WilderWein said:

I dont get it either. I didnt know colors could represent a fantasy. What happens if i pick green? 

It would’ve made sense if they either made the tagline in a blatant reference to Pride Month and the spectrum of human sexuality, or if they called it “Mood Ring,” made a new commercial to accompany the fragrance and promoted its namesake (I.e., the song) within the ad.

For example, Gaga “created” the first-ever black liquid perfume, but it sprayed on clear. So, I don’t see why a “mood ring” type fragrance couldn’t be produced within a large variety of different shades that then appear translucent upon spraying.

Then, consumers could pick their favorite color and/or representative “mood”, with each box providing a brief descriptor of what each hue represents, just like they do with actual mood rings (e.g., green usually means active yet relaxed, so essentially productive).

Obviously I don’t believe in any of this, but it’d be a great marketing tactic, especially for young girls who love mood rings, horoscopes and all that pseudoscience ****. Plus it’d be original (I think). 

47 minutes ago, CasanovaCat said:

PSX_20190118_203704.jpg

Coming this summer: Warehouse Fantasy.

With top notes of minimum-wage salaries sans benefits, middle notes of unionizing, and tertiary notes of capitalistic greed. And, I haven't even mentioned the secret ingredient yet: exploitation of the labor force. It smells like sweat, tears, poverty, regret, and bitterness.

Fantasy. Everybody has one.

10 hours ago, ralphcornio said:

It's a rainbow fantasy tho, so, you know, pick a color out of the rainbow to represent your fantasy...it's not that hard to get, I guess :decisions:

9 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

It's pretty straightforward tho lol what are you confused by?

lol oh **** now i look stupid AF :pieceofwhat: i was talking about the written instagram caption, not the slogan on the ad :gloria: the one that's all "taste the vanillic hibiscus cotton candy rainbow" :watrusayin:

Archived