The Clock Is Tickin' And We Can't Stop: Britney's 'Baby One More Time' Album Turns 20-Years-Old

Jordan Miller

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im so sad that we only had a instagram post after 20 years.. i mean this is such an event for us that has been there for 20 years as well ... I dont mean to put her to make a performance or anything (specially after recent events), but some type of music release would have felt good I think (anything!.. a bside or whatever)

Anyway, I decided to believe the official story and hope that she can stay with her family and get stronger during this months, I personally believe not only Jamie needs this time but Britney does as well, we dont want another burnout event... lets hope for a better 2020 :bpout:

I've been listening to the album a lot over the past couple of days and one track that really sticks out to me is "I'll Never Stop Loving You" - it's such a beautiful yet nostalgic song and her voice on it is incredible. I actually got so emotional.

It's been a hell of a ride but I'm so proud to think that her legacy and achievements will be talked about for years to come. Thank you Britney :crying4:

I remember lining up outside tower records to get her album. I didn't know her at the time but a family member was a fan and took me to get her cd. The line went around the building and I didn't know why until I listened to the album. I would come home every day after school and play her cd. Born to make you happy was my favorite and still is. That album is really a gem and stood the test of time. :cutebrit:

I feel so bloody old :crying1:

Britney is and always be my Queen, her music is apart of my life she’s like extended family to me :sobbing:  Her iconic performances and her voice is iconic ‘ohh baby baby’ she might be the best vocally but she has a signature voice where you know it’s britney singing yeah I’m looking at you Britney Jean :kidcries: but bother then that she she always brought it with her music. 

But Its crazy to me that I’m going to be in my 30’s when I next properly get to see her live   :sobbing:

14 hours ago, Queenreba said:

I appreciate the album for what it is and after all, it introduced us to Britney, so I can't dislike it. That said, it's my least favorite and I kind of enjoy the bonus tracks more than I do many of the tracks on the album. My friend got me the clear vinyl for Christmas and it's pretty legit! :)

Yeah I agree BOMT is my least fave Britney album. I even like (don't kill me for saying this people haha) Britney Jean a lot more although I still don't rate that album highly either. I don't think any of her albums are bad per se, but BOMT has a bit of filler and I don't think it's as strong as her later albums which I listen to more.

That being said, if it wasn't for this album, there would be no Britney Spears, no Oops I Did It Again, no Toxic, no Blackout.... so we have a lot to be thankful for. Happy 20th anniversary to this album. It might be my least fave, but there are still some good songs on it, like the title track (a classic), You Drive Me Crazy (although I prefer the Stop Remix), BORN TO MAKE YOU HAPPY!!!, I Will Be There, and the underrated Thinkin' About You.

8 hours ago, BabyBabyBay said:

I've been listening to the album a lot over the past couple of days and one track that really sticks out to me is "I'll Never Stop Loving You" - it's such a beautiful yet nostalgic song and her voice on it is incredible. I actually got so emotional.

It's been a hell of a ride but I'm so proud to think that her legacy and achievements will be talked about for years to come. Thank you Britney :crying4:

Oh I like that song, it's really underrated haha. I sometimes forget it's a cover as well.

Archived