BOMT 20th Anniversary

BKSTYL3

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you seen this site? It's pretty cool and nostalgic :tehe:

https://www.itsbritneybot.com

Just in case you hadn't heard, the iconic and legendary Britney Spears album . . . Baby One More Time is turning 20 years old. Yes, friends, the pop singer's debut was released on Jan. 12, 1999, and personally, it's evoking a lot of feelings. As someone who pretty much became an instant Spears stan — we have the same name, after all — and spent hours upon hours learning her video and performance choreography when I should have been doing my homework, the fact that my age is being presented to me in such a way is difficult to deal with.

That being said, I will absolutely be celebrating BOMT's milestone by shirking my responsibilities to instead perform the video choreography in my apartment, as any adult Britney Spears fan would. I'll also be reliving the years I spent as a teen, sitting on the internet, chatting with friends over AIM Messenger, and meeting Spears obsessives from around the globe in chat rooms thanks to Britney OS '99, a fun and nostalgic microsite launching today.

Britney OS '99 reimagines a fan's computer desktop from two decades ago, and offers the chance to interact with a virtual version of Spears via the retro messaging app. Once you start a conversation with the "Britney Bot," you can send GIFs, make calls, and chit-chat to create a shareable playlist that reflects your mood (I let the bot know I was "just chillin'" and it responded accordingly). Fans can uncover hidden exclusives, free content, and a chance to win prizes by interacting with all areas of the site — there's an old-school web browser, and even a Documents folder full of Spears photos. There are also a handful of exclusive Easter eggs, including "voicemails" from Britney herself. Literally, it's your desktop from 1999. Scroll through to see photos, then head to the site for a blast from the past!

Spoiler

We need new stuff asap lol :mcorangu:

So all they would have to do is hold a poll, have us fans vote on the 20 best unreleased leaked tracks (since they know that we’ve heard them) and remaster them and slap them on a CD so that we have them in flawless quality vs some of the **** versions we have. Then they can add one or two tracks from EACH album that we have never heard or the demo of each lead single that’s never seen the light of day. And also have the fans design the cover. They’d literally be doing nothing and the casual Brit fans probably don’t know anything about her best work which is all unreleased. 

20 minutes ago, Pinty said:

they will never do that because they would have to pay royalties to every producer, songwriter involved in the song.

Can you imagine the amount of people on 20+ unreleased tracks?

I hate to be negative, but they are cheap as ****. Did you know thats the reason why Britney doesnt perform a lot of her new songs?

She doesn't perform them because of POM being a great hits show... mostly. I mean, she needs to include most of her know songs, even if there are a few ones that aren't.

Oh baby, baby.

Britney Spears, Baby One More Time

25 million copies sold and 20 years later, Britney Spears' debut album, ...Baby One More Time, is still the pop icon's most successful album ever. And it makes sense, seeing as how the 37-year-old's first outing lead the resurgence of teen pop music and defined a generation.

Spears, then just 17 and somewhat known for her time on The Mickey Mouse Club as a child, became the most famous teenager in the world...and since then, the world has never stopped being transfixed by the princess of pop. 

But did you know her iconic "...Baby One More Time" single, one of the most successful songs of all-time, almost went to another artist? 

...Baby One More Time was released on Jan. 12, and thanks to the monster success of its first single and its accompanying music video of the same time, went on to become the second best-selling album of 1999, and is still one of the best-selling albums of all-time.

And in an era where music groups (TLC, Backstreet Boys, The Spice Girls, 'N Sync, etc.) were dominating the music scene, Spears' solo success at such a young age was almost unprecedented and helped lead the charge for teen queens such as Christina Aguilera, Mandy Moore and Jessica Simpson. She held the Guinness World Record for having the "best-selling album by a teenage solo artist." 

To pay proper respect to the genre-defining album's anniversary, we're going back to 1999 and revealing some secrets about Spears, ...Baby One More Time and that schoolgirl out...

https://www.eonline.com/photos/26642/secrets-you-might-not-know-about-britney-spears-baby-one-more-time/900111

I just remembered that back in the day I heard that her causin was in a video with her and for some reason I always thought it was actually Adrian. And I thought it was reallly cools that the were causin. Only now did I realise that it was meant for the guy in the baby video 

Archived