Am I the only one that feels

ralphcornio

It's funny 'cause I think exactly the opposite.

BOMT for example, we have the singles, then which other song could've been released after BOMT, Crazy or Sometimes? I can only think about Deep in My Heart or Autumn Goodbye, maybe Thinkin' About You, the rest really sound just like fillers, well not filler, 'cause they're great, but just not single material.

From Oops, I think only What U See, Don't Go Knockin' on My Door and Can't Make You Love Me could compete as singles. Whe Are You Now is beautiful but not sure how it would look as a single.

And so on, Britney had Bombastic Love, Cinderella, Lonely, Before the Goodbye. In the Zone I can't really think of other song as a single besides Boom Boom and Breathe on Me.

Blackout :ugh: maybe Get Naked, as much as I dislike it, but the other songs just sound weird, like I can't see them having a videoclip. OOB and HAI are good for live performances, but again, not single material.

So that leads us to Circus, I kinda agree with you, because besides Unusual You and Shattered Glass, maybe Lace and Leather, there aren't many songs that stand out as obvious singles. However, as an album I think it's very interesting and fun, except for the random appearance of Radar.

But from FF onwards, I feel completely the opposite as you, because I think the last three albums had so much single potential:

• Up N' Down
  • Inside Out
  • Trip to Your Heart
  • Scary
  • Selfish
  • Trouble for Me
  • Gasoline

all of them could've been at least moderately hits, and I didn't list (Drop Dead) Beautiful or Big Fat Bass because of the bittersweet memories but I'm sure they would've done well too.

Then from Britney Jean, I wish I could bring back all those threads from late 2013 and 2014 where Exhalers actually fought for their favorite songs, every song had a "team" of people that rooted for them to be the third single (that never came :tear: ):

• Alien
  • Til It's Gone
  • It Should Be Easy
  • Now That I Found You
  • Tik Tik Boom
  • Passenger
  • Hold on Tight
  • Body Ache
  • Don't Cry

And from Glory, well, what can I say:

• DO YOU WANNA COME OVER?
  • Man on the Moon
  • Liar
  • Better
  • If I'm Dancing
  • Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés)
  • Love Me Down
  • Mood Ring

And I would have to add Tom's Diner to that list.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, .: lucky :. said:

I don't know if you got to the end but she says she watched the performance again the next day and found it to be triumphant.

And in regards to Glory, not everything is black & white. She was just talking about that elusive quality Britney has.

Glory might feel impersonal compared to, say, the public exorcism of Beyoncé’s Lemonade, but I don’t really need “personal” music from Britney Spears. I’ve come to see her gradual transformation into a rather distant, robotic pop star as an act of preservation, a way of having a private identity that no one can take away from her. I admire her for that, the way she now manages to be simultaneously visible and inscrutable.

I think that's a fair and logical assessment..

I couldn't make it to the end but that sounds good

Well yeah, she became a basically a full time mom and like with her dancing she has dedicated only half her time into her albums. That’s why they’re not as good and as focused as her first couple efforts where she was focused on her music. Blackout is the one exception cause she had been away from music for awhile and it was an outlet for her during her personal troubles. After that, her career has always come second to her family/personal life and that’s how it should be tbh.

Archived