Should Britney change the pitch of her songs??

The Greatest Show

Do you think Britney should change the pitch of her songs so she could realistically sing them live?? At this point her songs are so high its almost impossible for her to sing live.

I wanted to just make a thread but hate when to many videos are posted. So I made one.

When she sings live she either:

• struggles to sing like the album version and her natural voice creeps through (0:13)
  • tries to sing the album version and her voice cracks (2:44)
  • just sings it deeper alltogether (3:01)
  • whenever she covers a song or improvises its always in a deeper voice (7:26)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think to get her confidence up, they could start by pitching down the backing track and turning her mic on. I really don't get why certain songs during POM were pitched UP, of all things. We all know she's lipping, but that just makes it even more obvious to the neutrals. The sound is so much easier for her to replicate in the studio when she has complete control, multiple takes if required.. It's a lot more pliable in that setting. Even during the Baby era, when a lot of the tracks were close to her natural range, she backed out of certain notes or sang them in a different key.

I loved the video, by the way. That San Remo performance of NAGNYAW has always been one of my favorites - especially the part at 3:15.

1 hour ago, Alexa said:

I think to get her confidence up, they could start by pitching down the backing track and turning her mic on. I really don't get why certain songs during POM were pitched UP, of all things. We all know she's lipping, but that just makes it even more obvious to the neutrals. The sound is so much easier for her to replicate in the studio when she has complete control, multiple takes if required.. It's a lot more pliable in that setting. Even during the Baby era, when a lot of the tracks were close to her natural range, she backed out of certain notes or sang them in a different key.

I loved the video, by the way. That San Remo performance of NAGNYAW has always been one of my favorites - especially the part at 3:15.

BTI was pitched so that it could match Gimme More's register. BOMT and OOPS were pitched so that the vocals could fit the instrumental (they should've re-recordem God dammit). Stronger and Crazy the same.

3 minutes ago, Mariahkween said:

Her pitch in her first three albums was amazing. She should get back to that and the ballads should be with her deeper vocals. 

She does also sound good on Touch of My Hand and Gimme More, that voice is also stunning. 

its amazing on the CD but not live.. Even Slave 4 you and Boys that are mostly speak singing she did deeper when she did them live. I feel like she has no problem singing like this in a studio, with many takes but during a show it just seems to hard for her.

I agree tho her angelic voice is my fave and I personally prefer it over her deeper vocals. But I think at some point in the next couple of years she is going to have to transition into live singing because her dancing just doesnt justify the lipsyncing anymore.

as much as I love her voice regardless of how she sings (if she sings at all in the first place), I do think she should because I'd love to hear her sing live.. her head voice is beautiful, her chest voice is good as long as she doesn't try to chipmunk it up and also - with a lower pitch, comes a more mature sound and let's be real here, home girl is 37, it's time to ditch the ***-kitten image.. she should leave the cooing, murmuring and whispering to the Selenas of the music industry.. it isn't doing her any favours.. :tbh:

6 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

giphy.gif

I mean yeah some singers have 'cracks' on their vocals it's more a matter of taste tbh, i know there's no comparission but for example Sia her voice cracks sometimes and it's ok, so yeah i would love Britney to take the risk of her voice being 'not perfect' i think most fans would enjoy it. :hiii:

46 minutes ago, kasavas said:

but I thought you didn't want her to ever sing live cause you think she sounds like "a dying frog"

I dont like her deeper vocals much but I feel like in the next couple of years she will have to make a change in direction especially since her dancing has been getting worse over the years. she cant keep this image up another 20 years. And maybe if the song is in a pitch that suits her better she wont sound like a dying toad. (even if that didnt help in STTA)

Archived