BREAKING DOWN THE BRITNEY SITUATION AND ITS IMPACT ON THE STRIP

zxcvb

8 minutes ago, LivingLegendaryBritney said:

I was supposed to be attending the July 27th show (my bday) and im really hoping that if they reschedule dates, ill get that back so i can celebrate with her because its literally a dream especially since its my bday and ill be spending it with her with PIT section tickets :airpls:

That’s the show I was going to, also! My birthday is the 28th and I wanted to celebrate with her ?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did actually think about the implications that it's her conservator that's ill and therefore a lot of things probably can't legally take place if he's not in a fit state to manager 'her estate' (basically her). It makes sense.

While I partially agree that Britney's lack of promotion is not only dire but a big factor to her low ticket sales, the comparisons to Gaga's show are really nonsensical. How are you going to compare somebody who has been on the strip for 4 years and somebody who is brand spanking new? Are we also forgetting that Britney essentially ignited the wave of current pop acts trying their hand in a residency now?

I think postponing it is in the best interest of everybody tbh. This new residency was well too soon imo - she needs to create demand, that's why her European tour worked so well because she hadn't visited some of them countries in over 5 years.

Give her a couple of months and then start again in like August/September with at least 1 single to create buzz. Won't happen but a gurl can dream :tehe:

They need to resume it as soon as possible, cause the more time will pass, the more she will loose the interest in this project and her overall career, considering everything that is going on and could happen. She was not that interested in keeping alive her career to begin with, since years, calling it a mere "job" so... 

No matter how good GaGas team is and how bad Britneys is... GaGa has no kids and stuff, she can put her career first...She’s also still new to Vegas. Also now it’s her time after the success and buzz with Star Is Born ....

I don’t think Britneys Domination show would end up half empty ,but I do think that everything is on hold because it all was rushed and with issues in her family didn’t leave her with much time to get prepared and the fact that her dad is very much in control with all her business... I guess he needs te recover now instead of going to work....

I think it’s a smart decision to cancel the show for now. GaGa vegas hype soon will calm down and Britney might release new music and will have time to really get prepared for this show and here we will have it.

you just have to wait and see for now.

26 minutes ago, nels64 said:

I really really disagree. I think she has needed a long break for a while. I'm glad she hasn't released any music since Glory. She needs to stay out of the public's thoughts and unfortunately milk that comeback comeback of a comeback cow. 

If you're constantly present and people think you're doing all fine and dandy on your Vegas show and on your tours, people aren't as excited to access you. If you become to accessible, there is no demand.

I think the period of time between POM ending and Domination starting was going to be waaaaaay too soon. She needs a break to reassess what she wants from her career and do it properly. If she JUST wants to release music and spend time with her family, then PERFECT she can do JUST that, but do it properly and not sloppily. I think people keep wanting more and more because she's still pretending like she's the whole package. If she just stepped back and semi retired like Mariah or like any of these other highly regarded popstars who just do things when they want, I don't think there would be so many meltdowns. 

Uhmm, I'm not 100% sure about this, I mean, I can agree to an extent but there is a reason why they rushed to another residency so soon. They are perfectly aware of Britney's situation and wishes... she would like to stop eventually and just enjoy her family as she always wanted, without having to care about her job, as she calls it. That's why they wanted to milk the moment while she was still willing to do it... Clearly she needed a break, but... money comes first I guess. Then papa Spears' situation happened and the had to push aside the residency. And with "they" I'm not referring to Britney, I bet she wasn't feeling to start another residency in a month. 

15 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

"Another pop star may not have postponed his or her Vegas show under these particular circumstances, but the Spears family is different. Jamie Spears oversees all of Britney’s business and financial operations through a court-approved conservatorship and has done so since 2008, so it’s understandable that his recovery could sideline this show or any other Britney project."

Well. I guess there's more than a couple of us who understand why the conservatorship would affect this decision. :whatitellu:

tell that to Cappy...but "her father just work for her" :nochillbrit:

53 minutes ago, nels64 said:

I really really disagree. I think she has needed a long break for a while. I'm glad she hasn't released any music since Glory. She needs to stay out of the public's thoughts and unfortunately milk that comeback comeback of a comeback cow. 

If you're constantly present and people think you're doing all fine and dandy on your Vegas show and on your tours, people aren't as excited to access you. If you become to accessible, there is no demand.

I think the period of time between POM ending and Domination starting was going to be waaaaaay too soon. She needs a break to reassess what she wants from her career and do it properly. If she JUST wants to release music and spend time with her family, then PERFECT she can do JUST that, but do it properly and not sloppily. I think people keep wanting more and more because she's still pretending like she's the whole package. If she just stepped back and semi retired like Mariah or like any of these other highly regarded popstars who just do things when they want, I don't think there would be so many meltdowns. 

Why are you making it seem like she's overworked

She has her schedule tailored to her liking

29 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Uhmm, I'm not 100% sure about this, I mean, I can agree to an extent but there is a reason why they rushed to another residency so soon. They are perfectly aware of Britney's situation and wishes... she would like to stop eventually and just enjoy her family as she always wanted, without having to care about her job, as she calls it. That's why they wanted to milk the moment while she was still willing to do it... Clearly she needed a break, but... money comes first I guess. Then papa Spears' situation happened and the had to push aside the residency. And with "they" I'm not referring to Britney, I bet she wasn't feeling to start another residency in a month. 

You do know that no decisions are made without Britney consent

She's the one that makes the money and pays their salaries.

17 hours ago, Paulino999 said:

I like your positivism... really..

but WHAT BRITNEY TEAM IS DOING... IS SO SO BAD,,,

GAGAS TEAM IS SOOO MUCH BETTER THAN BRITNEYS,

Britney has a lot of advantages... like you said.. she doesn't need new music to sell etc... BUT SHE WOULD SELL SO MUCH BETTER IF SHE HAS NEW MUSIC, 

she would sell better, if she has a better promo plan...

WHY. TO BE MEDIOCRE ? If she has everything and people still love her..

17 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Britney does not need a new single to sell her show.  She's still coming with a new show.  She already did a little promo with the announcement and post on Instagram.  It was pretty obvious that the rest of the big promo was going to be saved for later this month leading up to the week of Showtime as expected.

Some of you folks do not seem to understand that the ticket sales were fine and most folks were going buy close to Showtime and you all have a hard time understanding that residencies do not sell like a tour. 

17 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

I actually think the show was doing way worse than what it appeared. If you compared days it looked like mgm was giving a lot of tickets away to places. Probably radio etc. 

The news article said they were doing that as well. 

If the show comes back I really hope the realize new music should come out to try and create buzz. 

15 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

You’re still in that mindset that Britney’s name alone sells. Those days are long gone. 

7 hours ago, ItsGodneyB**ch said:

Britney's name alone sold out an European Tour though

Cappy  is right residencies don’t sell like tours. 

Her having new material. Promoting  may damage the residency not help it as residencies are more business to business.

businesses like restaurants, hotels e.t.c buy block bookings in advance to create packages to cross promote products that’s were the bulk of income comes from , followed by alcohol , car parking e.t.c 

due to her legacy she is better coasting of that rather than say something bad or do a bad show which will inevitably frighten businesses. She is most likely struggling due to lack of similar artists to bundle her promotions with.

on the strip you will often see packages like meal and a choice of theatre tickets. Britney is the only one in her demographic to an extent although other artists overlap someone who likes  Cher probably won’t be seeking the same experience Britney offers. Although someone who likes  Jlo might. 

Thats a major disadvantage for a business due to risk of cancellations. 

1 hour ago, nels64 said:

I don't think they're saying she's overworked at all. She's probably very comfortable with how much she works. But mentally it's really hard doing something creative unrelated to the current thing you are doing. You need a creative break between projects to really put your all into the next thing. I'm a creative person and when I do my own personal creative projects, when they are as large and time consuming as something like say POM, you need more than a few weeks between the old project and the new one IMO. You need time to just not think about anything, and then start thinking and planning the new thing. 

Bang on.

She was repeating some of her old POM moves in the BTI footage, and probably in some of the other clips, too.

But how could she not? She's done the same moves for four years, and is now, just weeks later, expected to learn completely different choreo. I can imagine that would be a huge challenge.

6 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Bang on.

She was repeating some of her old POM moves in the BTI footage, and probably in some of the other clips, too.

But how could she not? She's done the same moves for four years, and is now, just weeks later, expected to learn completely different choreo. I can imagine that would be a huge challenge.

Britney a dancer so it would be hard for her to learn choreography 

You are foolish if you think she just learned that choreography when she put those clips up.

18 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yeah, I think for the strip is more convenient to get newer artists, that probably will make 1 or 2 years residencies, and then leave to continue with other projects. Vegas is slowly becoming the new "capital" of music shows, and they need to make people to start seeing it as such, and make them expect to see different artists every year or every other year.

Of course the veterans, and now, most likely Britney too, will always be there for the years to come, almost as a lifestyle, but they need to start to make room for new, temporal acts that may want to strike the Vegas residency from their bucket lists.

I think being veeeeeery positive (or delusional) Britney could come back by the time of the dates that hadn't been announced yet (after August) depending of how or what happens with Jamie AND most importantly, which I suppose it's something that's on the table too, what will happen with Britney's legal status. I suppose, that even if Jamie's life isn't threatened (we don't know though) his health might not be the same anymore, and probably they are seeking who else could become her new co-conservator (I doubt they would leave her only with that Wallet guy) or hopefully (but less likely) freeing her from the conservatorship.

What I really think is that it won't be until next year, and I think it would be shorter this time, who knows tbh.

Everybody thinks this was just an excuse for low sales. I don't think so, first of all because MGM would be the ones that should be pissed with the low sales, since Britney was gonna get the same amount of money per night independently of how many empty seats there were. And MGM sounds too calm and comprehensive and supportive of the situation, and even in their post they treated the residency as "postponed" which implies they're really expecting her to come back, eventually, and they're willing to have her again.

Also, assuming this hypothetical situation that low sales was the reason. They must have had since the beginning, I'm talking about the contract, whether the stipulation came from MGM or Britney's party, there should've been some sort of deadline, to say like if by January 1st they hadn't sold a certain amount of tickets, it would be considered a flop and the project would be cancelled. By December, I mean, two or three weeks ago they should've already known how many tickets were sold, and how many were expected to sell in the following days, to know if the hypothetical deadline was gonna be met or not. One week ago they were still posting things and asking fans on Instagram what they wanted to see on the show :wyd: So, I'm pretty sure something important must have changed in the days after the new year. And I don't wanna be negative, but I feel like it must be something related to Jamie's health, they must have been informed about some medical condition or illness or something, or maybe it was something less worrying and more like some kind of emotional talk they had in family that made Britney think twice about their future, or I don't know, but it must've been something very sudden.

What I mean is, I think they're losing more, both Britney and MGM, cancelling the tour than if they kept going with the "low" sales and hoping they would increase after the opening night and the reviews and videos and such. Sadly I think we'll never know and whenever she decides to come back with a single or an album or a new show, I think they'll just pretend this Domination drama never happened or they will just reduce it to one of those one-sentence answers that Larry loves to give to explain scrapped things.

Yeah...The implications of low ticket sales being the reason for this are not only a bit insensitive, but also stupid. They're looking to lose a lot of money from cancelling this, much more than having to deal with empty seats come opening night .

3 minutes ago, Catalin said:

Yeah...The implications of low ticket sales being the reason for this are not only a bit insensitive, but also stupid. They're looking to lose a lot of money from cancelling this, much more than having to deal with empty seats come opening night .

They could have solved the low ticket sales with just a bit of promo.

But there was nothing. It was clear *something* was up right from the get-go.

6 hours ago, Lantis said:

They need to resume it as soon as possible, cause the more time will pass, the more she will loose the interest in this project and her overall career, considering everything that is going on and could happen. She was not that interested in keeping alive her career to begin with, since years, calling it a mere "job" so... 

For Britney to improve and be interested in her career again, one exceptional thing needs to happen, in my opinion:

Britney to be released from the conservatorship.

Archived