What is a real artist?

Cappycorn87

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney chooses to not be an artist anymore if you want to get technical. Though to be fair I feel like we havent seen any behind the scenes footage in years, so we don't know what she does now.

And since she doesn't say anything in interviews about her work besides it's cool, we don't know how much involvement she has.. 

8 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Britney chooses to not be an artist anymore if you want to get technical. Though to be fair I feel like we havent seen any behind the scenes footage in years, so we don't know what she does now.

And since she doesn't say anything in interviews about her work besides it's cool, we don't know how much involvement she has.. 

You obviously don't read interviews 

She has said how very involved she is for Glory.

To me, writing credits etc are not really relevant. We know Britney is a capable writer, but it's not what she's known for. She isn't respected artistically because she's spent the last 15 years almost exclusively lip syncing without good reason. Add to the fact she's performing in cheap lingerie and doing uninspired choreography.. it's like she's determined not to be taken seriously. What she does in the studio is one thing, but she's going to be judged mainly for her performances. Let's be honest.. what growth has there been? She was on her way to paving something different for herself, who knows, maybe even gaining some deserved respect by getting very involved with the creative process from In the Zone and then merging into what would've been The Original Doll - which is great - but all that would be for nothing if she was to do the same showgirl act she'd been doing prior.

12 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

@Avatar is right. Each time a new Britney interview comes out, I'm DYING to hear more about what she thinks about her work. It used to be much more in-depth, back in the Primeney days, but now it's all vague expressions like 'really really cool', urban, my best record yet, etc. I really wish she could talk more about what she does musically, specially with Glory, since it's such a gem :mhm:

6 minutes ago, Alexa said:

To me, writing credits etc are not really relevant. We know Britney is a capable writer, but it's not what she's known for. She isn't respected artistically because she's spent the last 15 years almost exclusively lip syncing without good reason. Add to the fact she's performing in cheap lingerie and doing uninspired choreography.. it's like she's determined not to be taken seriously. What she does in the studio is one thing, but she's going to be judged mainly for her performances. Let's be honest.. what growth has there been? She was on her way to paving something different for herself, who knows, maybe even gaining some deserved respect by getting very involved with the creative process from In the Zone and then merging into what would've been The Original Doll - which is great - but all that would be for nothing if she was to do the same showgirl act she'd been doing prior.

So she's suppose to dress and and perform boring?

7 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

@Avatar is right. Each time a new Britney interview comes out, I'm DYING to hear more about what she thinks about her work. It used to be much more in-depth, back in the Primeney days, but now it's all vague expressions like 'really really cool', urban, my best record yet, etc. I really wish she could talk more about what she does musically, specially with Glory, since it's such a gem :mhm:

She lets the music do most of the talking and it speaks well

26 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Just went to go "read" them all (there''s like 3) and they're contradicting and mostly someone speaking for her or it's other people that were involved giving tidbits.  

And then I watched/listened to some other ones and I'm sticking to what I originally said.. :)

I did find it interesting that she talked about writing a lot and the producers said she wrote and they didn't give her any credits. Britneys team live in opposite world with all those Britney Jean credits and no Glory credits.

5 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

So she's suppose to dress and and perform boring?

The fact she wore more clothes when she was 19/20 speaks for itself. I appreciate that she's proud of her body, and she's free to flaunt it on Instagram but there's a way to do it that enhances a performance - and it's not required for every song. And how exactly would you define a "boring" performance? I'm curious to know. When you're doing a watered down, tribute act version of what you were doing in your prime, it's time to re-evaluate. You just need to look at the POM show objectively and you'll see how dated and tired her performance style is. I'm hoping she brings it for Domination, but there needs to be moments where she does something different.

13 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Just went to go "read" them all (there''s like 3) and they're contradicting and mostly someone speaking for her or it's other people that were involved giving tidbits.  

And then I watched/listened to some other ones and I'm sticking to what I originally said.. :)

I did find it interesting that she talked about writing a lot and the producers said she wrote and they didn't give her any credits. Britneys team live in opposite world with all those Britney Jean credits and no Glory credits.

She has credits on Glory 

15 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

She has credits on Glory 

She doesn't have credits for the songs she says she co-wrote DYWCO and Clumsy. I was comparing it to Britney Jean, where she has credit for songs that we have demos of other people singing.

Someone on her team isn't doing their job.

1 hour ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Where are the behind the lyrics, the in deep talks about the music? 

24 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

She has credits on Glory 

She also has credits on Britney Jean as lead singer on songs she obviously is not lead (nowhere to be found) nor has co-written anything (hence full demos of other singer surfaced).

18 minutes ago, pieceof15yearold*loveyall said:

Where are the behind the lyrics, the in deep talks about the music? 

She also has credits on Britney Jean as lead singer on songs she obviously is not lead (nowhere to be found) nor has co-written anything (hence full demos of other singer surfaced).

1 album

An artist is someone who put a piece of them in their work whether it’s through writing or dance or imagery. Someone who is passionate about their work and uses it as a way to express themselves.

Britney goes into a studio, records a song, leaves the studio and never talks or thinks about the song ever again.

Britney talking about her music:

It’s a very cool song. I like the beat. :akii:

Britney’s performances are no longer art either. She dances out of rhythm and looks a mess. It’s cringe.

She doesn’t care about her work nor does she use it as an outlet. She just does it because it’s her job. That is not art.

Archived