New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 2:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

Larry Rudolph talks about Domination and new music

Dirk

4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yeah, I don't, especially when they record so many songs for one album. She could easily release a Glory 2.0 with all the unreleased material. They could be back to back albums, like her first three, or Blackout and Circus.

I don't need her to prove me that she gives a damn about her career. She could scream at my face that she doesn't give a damn about her career and that she just records songs like one goes to work to an office, and as long as she gives me new music, I'll be fine. :mhmnod:

I didn't become a fan of Britney because of the artistic value of ...Baby One More Time or the message behind Oops!... I Did It Again. I'm her fan because I love everything that she's done, I love her voice, I love her face, I love her music, and I always need more. 

Soooo you don't care about the quality of her music?  I'm not a music savant but I did become a Britney fan because of the production on Baby One More time ( her voice included). The message behind of "Oops! I did it again" was a part of who I was at a time... Britney didn't write it but she sure as hell sounds good singing it and the production is,again, amazing; which makes me a fan of Max Martin as well.

I don't need more of Britney showing up for work just to do her job.  We've had that more than we've had the Britney who enjoyed going the extra mile. I want Britney the perfectionist to return.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, ubritney said:

I think they don’t do tons of videos for her latest albums because of the sales and because fans boycott her stuff. They won’t invest in a project that’s dead because fans have already decided they won’t support it. FF had all those videos because of how successful the era was! Same for Circus and so on! :bedtime:

I suppose that's the reason, but I'll always think they should react different.

If the whole album had the same sound, I would understand that if the first two singles flop, there's no reason to try with another cut that'll sound the same. But her albums are always so varied (one of the reasons why I love them) that it's unfair that for a couple of tracks, the whole album is destined to vanish into oblivion, when they didn't even try with one of the songs that had a different style.

Britney Spears is in a stage of her career where they shouldn't be treating her like upcoming acts that NEED to be relevant on the charts in order to keep their careers going on, because Britney already has a fanbase and a legacy. She should be with a record label that milks her past hits all they want, while they keep pleasing fans with new material, just for the sake of it and not because they're aiming to be popular again among the GP.

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote at Exhale's Top 20 Week 8 here

Well, for many of us, Britney's not really accessible in Vegas, because we're not in the USA, or don't have the money. Also, her performance has been lacking lately, so we're not getting anything exciting, and if she's not releasing any music, we're not really getting anything at all. 

I understand your point about a new album with more "artistic value", and that's why I don't like that she's starting a new residency, months after she finished a very long one. Now that she decided to stay in Vegas, doing the same show at the same venue for I don't know how long, I don't think she will be inspired to create that "groundbreaking" album. 

• Super Mods
11 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

Soooo you don't care about the quality of her music?  I'm not a music savant but I did become a Britney fan because of the production on Baby One More time ( her voice included). The message behind of "Oops! I did it again" was a part of who I was at a time... Britney didn't write it but she sure as hell sounds good singing it and the production is,again, amazing; which makes me a fan of Max Martin as well.

I don't need more of Britney showing up for work just to do her job.  We've had that more than we've had the Britney who enjoyed going the extra mile. I want Britney the perfectionist to return.

Well that's ok. But why would we have to wait a million years to have a new record? :beynah:

Taking a lot of time doesn't translate into a better quality product though. In any kind of project, whether is a music album, or anything else, when you have a clear idea of what you want, and you have the talent and tools to do it, and you find the right people to work with, a great quality product is possible in a relatively quick time. 

She could take a period of time, let's say, when her kids are with Kevin, to spend a whole week in the studio with the producers/songwriters she wants to, and they could perfectly create, AT LEAST, half an album. A great album shouldn't take more than a year to be done, and I'm being veeeeery benevolent. 

But she won't, and she doesn't have any need to do so. So I just want the first 17 songs that she records. 

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote at Exhale's Top 20 Week 8 here

54 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

My dream would be if she kept releasing album after album every 1.5 years, even if they were just random songs that are sent to her, no matter if they're Katy Perry rejects or they're produced by Danja or whoever you want, I just need new stuff.

this mentality is exactly why britney isn't progressing career wise :mj:

7 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well that's ok. But why would we have to wait a million years to have a new record? :beynah:

Taking a lot of time doesn't translate into a better quality product though. In any kind of project, whether is a music album, or anything else, when you have a clear idea of what you want, and you have the talent and tools to do it, and you find the right people to work with, a great quality product is possible in a relatively quick time. 

She could take a period of time, let's say, when her kids are with Kevin, to spend a whole week in the studio with the producers/songwriters she wants to, and they could perfectly create, AT LEAST, half an album. A great album shouldn't take more than a year to be done, and I'm being veeeeery benevolent. 

But she won't, and she doesn't have any need to do so. So I just want the first 17 songs that she records. 

Vegas keeps her mind and body sharp so that she can constantly continue to improve as a performer after suffering whatever she went through in 2007.Its working too. Britneys performance skills while in Vegas have improved so much from The Circus and Femme Fatale tours.

Britney's mindset concerning herself as an artist was not someone who wanted to release mindless bop albums and singles just to appease fans and I don't think thats her mindset today either. Britney wanted more for her music before the 2007 breakdown.  I understand its taken her a while(over a decade!) to get her performance skills and confidence up but its working! Vegas is a day job and I hope Britney uses her time off to refocus herself as an artist. Shes not going to do that by putting her energy into these junk pop albums we've been getting since 2008; no matter how good they are.

what's wrong with wanting a new album? that's part of her job as a recording artist. 

i dont think we need another greatest hits album.. she has had a greatest hits show for 5 years and another one in 1 month.. you can go on spotify and create your own updated greatest hits playlist if you like tho! but im good luv, enjoy 

21 minutes ago, mel92 said:

what's wrong with wanting a new album? that's part of her job as a recording artist. 

i dont think we need another greatest hits album.. she has had a greatest hits show for 5 years and another one in 1 month.. you can go on spotify and create your own updated greatest hits playlist if you like tho! but im good luv, enjoy 

I don't want a new album if its just going to be another mindless bop album like Femme Fatale, Circus, and Glory.

Britney used vegas to get her performance skills up after the 2007 breakdown.

Now, I want her to use the simple life of Residency to refocus her vision as an artist, like she had before the breakdown.

It looks like she's finally getting back on track and I don't want her to keep releasing mindless albums that may interfere with that.

So, I’ve been thinking,new music should have been released now and maybe the reason she hasn’t isn’t because she can’t be bothered or anything like that but simply because of how selling music is these days.

britney has been someone that in her prime did well when we sold music through physical sales. Cheryl Cole said on Graham Norton not long ago that she has recorded enough to release an album but is just sticking to the single she released because in the few years she’s been out the business the focus on streaming has happened and it’s not what she is used to in order to sale records.

everyone knows streaming has changed the game for the music industry and Taylor Swift tried to prevent that but with people like Bhad Bhabie And Cardi B who have been successful is purely because of their social media presence and social media persona is the way forward.

thats what’s destroying the physical shops now too. I work in marketing at the moment and want to be a fashion buyer and I work for a small company and have researched a lot of this for the company to make more sales and the masters I’m going to do and books I’ve read on the fashion industry has said that the internet is effecting shops in the high street now.

we all accept there’s no money in physical CDs anymore like the shops itselves a becoming.

cheryl may not be as big an artist as britney but she’s had a steady success since before this sudden surge in social media and influencers and soundcloud artists.

the older generation of singers and even these new ones - they don’t make money from the streaming. There’s no money in it.

the best source of income for artists now is touring an that’s why Vegas has changed thanks to britney to not being as frowned upon. However, not all artists are going to be trusted to get the coin from people to see them from a tour.

so in retrospect we should be grateful that britney is trusted by companies to make herself and them money from touring and that she can still make big dollar in this industry with the changing times.

but even that will change when these streaming artists are becoming successful and will want to be making big bucks and touring is how. I’m glad britn y is never out of work because it says a lot about her impact as an artist still even though it’s changing. 

The rumour of her doing a collab with Cardi B is actually the best to get her heard more because of how cardi is using the new wave of how to sell music and get yourself heard and known. 

Thats been my observation anyway. I welcome any differing opinions 

1 minute ago, nonoiseplz said:

Arianna? Dangerous Woman & Side to Side are going to going down as pop classics. :lowkeyno:  I don't care for new album though.

That’s why I can’t get into her. Her songs are so microwaved. And I don’t understand a word she’s saying. 

4 minutes ago, CasanovaCat said:

I'm really not for this f!ckdoll concept of singers. Maybe it's good for pedophils or people with zero music taste. But i'm oldschool music fan. 

I didn't care at all for Ariana but Dangerous Woman and Side to Side are some good pop bops!

I saw the acapella video of her singing Dangerous Woman a few years ago and I was blown away. She won me.lol  I'm ol'skool pop too but she can join the club.

She's really like a more fun, likeable, and REAL version of that pop vocalist we had during Britneys prime ( floptina)

Archived