Larry Rudolph talks about Domination and new music

Dirk

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Body ache said:

The problem was that they didn't manage it properly. When make me repeaked at the same spot I was like :umok:

they should have debuted the song at the vmas. It was Britney's big comeback to that stage and a new single dropping the same night would have sealed the deal. Slumber party was also trying to be a hit but she did nothing for it except release a video that only her fans know about.

True, I don't get her strategy (if there is one lol). Once she does something good or at least decent, it's like exclusive for fans (meaning zero promo for the GP to know about it). 'Slumber Party' isn't my favorite track from Glory, but it was perfect for 2016 to smash, it was catchy, chill and very melodic. It's so funny because the GP know more about that song now because it's on Just Dance 2018 and if you look at the MV in YouTube, you can see a lot of comments like "I came here because of Just Dance" :cackling:

5 hours ago, 0happydancing0 said:

The point is though that all promotion you mentioned wanting was done.She did music videos, she did radio interviews and tv show interviews, she talked about each song, photoshoots, tv show performances plus festivals for crying out loud. 

The fact you would have prefered no association to her vegas show doesn't change the fact she did NOT ignore her album.

Let's make a review:

Music videos: a scrapped Make Me video replaced by that cheap last minute Randee music video, doesn't count as one :girlwhat: maybe Slumber Party does, so you are half right. 

Radio Interviews: she did go to some radio stations so I give you that point

TV show interviews: maybe the only worthy televised interview is the Jonathan Ross show, the rest is the same about her boys, favorite color, and so on....

Did she talk about each song? Where? The only Glory reference she did was on a serie of tweets, yes a bunch of tweets :nopingout:

Magazine covers? The only one I remember from the Glory era is the FLAUNT magazine, the rest of them where the same pics she did for her album as the Marie Claire edition

TV show performances? The only one was the Jonathan Ross' show and the Today show which took place at the Axis. 

Festivals? Once again, Piece of Me jumped out. 

She performed overall, Make Me, DYWCO, Slumber Party. 3 songs out of 17 songs!!!!! 

14 great songs were totally wasted, that's my point, 3 out of 17, it's so unfair, don't take this personal, this is not against you or your opinion, it's just that I think it's so unfair she treats her albums as nothing. She has the power, money, time and opportunity to say, "I want to do this" or "I want to do that" which she clearly chooses not to do so much when it comes to her albums. That's why I feel so frustrated, uuh! please forgive me if I sound too rude but I have been stanning this woman since 20 years ago and the difference from those great years when we got an album and we took for granted it was gonna be performed somewhere is GIANT!!! :yeahsure:

6 hours ago, Million Billion said:

"Newly-branded" & "Newly-renovated" theatre, what we need is a renovated and rebranded BRITNEY SPEARS! :ririshade2:

She wanted to do it differently but she still does the same, we know Larry's comments are as reliable as a potato but I do hope Britney brings her 200% this time and in case she releases a new album, that she doesn't ignore it and act like it never existed as she's done with both BJ and Glory.

The problem is not a Vegas show, the problem is that it becomes her 1st priority and her music just stays there. If it were up to me, she could stay in Vegas forever as long as her music gets the proper treatment (music videos, performances, interviews, promotion, etc). I wish someone make her see the difference between her Vegas deal with her music career. I hate the fact we've got great tracks since 2013 but they remain totally wasted because she focuses on a greatest hits show as if 20 years listening to Baby, Oops, Slave haven't been enough! :ehum:

The vegas show is the priority because its what makes them cash in. 

It looks like earning money from NEW MUSIC, digital or physical sales is not as profitable

I get that.

But i do agree with you that making money from her past success will not work forever. I hope her team gets that she NEEDS to keep on making NEW hits so that she can later incorporate that hits on the show and in some years they become "newer" britney classics and all this residency lifestyle she likes can go on and on.

Both things need to be done together

She did a track-by-track talk of the entire album, get with it if you’re gonna throw a temper tantrum.

Britney has stated herself that she doesn’t want to do the exhausting, overexposed and overworked promo that she used to do. She wants to enjoy herself. She has said that she isn’t involved with what is chosen as singles, etc - she puts her energy into making the music and lets it go. She’s evolved and moved on, maybe you should too.

1 hour ago, Million Billion said:

Let's make a review:

Music videos: a scrapped Make Me video replaced by that cheap last minute Randee music video, doesn't count as one :girlwhat: maybe Slumber Party does, so you are half right. 

TV show interviews: maybe the only worthy televised interview is the Jonathan Ross show, the rest is the same about her boys, favorite color, and so on....

Did she talk about each song? Where? The only Glory reference she did was on a serie of tweets, yes a bunch of tweets :nopingout:

Magazine covers? The only one I remember from the Glory era is the FLAUNT magazine, the rest of them where the same pics she did for her album as the Marie Claire edition

TV show performances? The only one was the Jonathan Ross' show and the Today show which took place at the Axis. 

She performed overall, Make Me, DYWCO, Slumber Party. 3 songs out of 17 songs!!!!! 

14 great songs were totally wasted, that's my point, 3 out of 17, it's so unfair, don't take this personal, this is not against you or your opinion, it's just that I think it's so unfair she treats her albums as nothing. She has the power, money, time and opportunity to say, "I want to do this" or "I want to do that" which she clearly chooses not to do so much when it comes to her albums. That's why I feel so frustrated, uuh! please forgive me if I sound too rude but I have been stanning this woman since 20 years ago and the difference from those great years when we got an album and we took for granted it was gonna be performed somewhere is GIANT!!! :yeahsure:

Don't throw a tantrum when you don't even follow that era properly. Flop

5 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Let's make a review:

Well technically it does count though. You can't just not count a music video because you did not enjoy it. So does my opinion and the opinion of others not count for anything? because I liked the make me video as did 425,000 other people. It was cute. It was okay that it wasn't the best - it was still a music video. 

The problem you're having is you are discounting any thing that you personally didn't rate much of regardless of the fact it was promotion for the album. She did a whole host of interviews in the uk where she talked about glory and on the radio she personally went through track by track and talked about the songs. Once again, the fact she did a tv performance filmed from the axis doesn't cancel it out.

It was STILL televised and it was STILL promotion. 

The fact that photos were reused for other magazines still counts as promotion it was just not as exciting for you. 

Whatever Larry.. you said that POM will be almost 100% live :drinky:

Billboard: First off, let's clear the air about whether Britney Spears will be lip-syncing during her Las Vegas residency shows. Can you set the record straight on this subject?
Larry Rudolph: She's going to be singing live. She does choreography and vocal coaching every day. The vocal coaching is really just to strengthen her voice and get her to a point where she can go out there every night and do a full show.

It's hard for the public to fully understand what goes on when you get on stage and you're dancing full out during a song. No matter what anyone says, there's not a single artist who goes out there and does full choreography and is singing without a vocal track underneath them at the same time. It's physically impossible. We're just trying to build up her stamina and get her to a point where she can do as much as humanly possible. The idea is to try to get her pretty close to 100%. There might be some numbers where she's full out dancing with a (vocal) track underneath her, but there won't be any lip-syncing across the board on anything. 

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5740269/britney-spears-manager-on-vegas-ticket-sales-lip-syncing-new-album

I am not gonna believe anything that comes out of your mouth :arianabye:

Legit how does Larry and her team not know or understand how unhappy the fans are or expect us to take anything he says seriously. I'd also love to know what Larry considers Britney being at "110% in terms of performance". Does he consider POM or anything from the last ten years to be 110%? If so then I just expect her to show up basically. Expect more sleepwalking through shows, her releasing music that she doesn't even seem to realize she recorded, more shredding of actual costumes.

People keep going to see her, and she keeps making money. That’s all her team cares about. 

Blame the fans that went to see POM 3-4 times and the. Again when she went on the road with it and got meet n greets and pretend that everything is fine.  

No one is coming here to see what real fans(non enablers) and what the general public think. 

3 minutes ago, GimmeBritney320 said:

Legit how does Larry and her team not know or understand how unhappy the fans are or expect us to take anything he says seriously. I'd also love to know what Larry considers Britney being at "110% in terms of performance". Does he consider POM or anything from the last ten years to be 110%? If so then I just expect her to show up basically. Expect more sleepwalking through shows, her releasing music that she doesn't even seem to realize she recorded, more shredding of actual costumes.

They understand, they just simply don't care, as long as they're cashing the coins in. They hear you, but they're not really listening.

Archived