BJ a concept album?

Lorenzo

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Anticonformity said:

It is and it's about her life.

The concept is her life, from feeling alienated to finding spirituality to letting go...

My fave album of all time tbh

That’s a fair point. Do you actually like Chillin’ With You, ISBE and Passenger? Apart from those tracks, I think the album is underrated (I get why, but still)

17 minutes ago, MmmDani said:

That’s a fair point. Do you actually like Chillin’ With You, ISBE and Passenger? Apart from those tracks, I think the album is underrated (I get why, but still)

Actually yes, I mean my least fave is CWY, but honestly this is my fave album ever...
I love that she did something different lyrically, her involvement, and it came at a time that literally saved my life...

Is it full of club jams? no but it's nice to have something different and personal... I mean like even WB is a JAM but it's not like her usual lyrics which is nice to switch it up tbh I love a *** bop (TTB) but like yeah we know she can do that lets do something different...

Now That I Found You is my fave song of all time...

• Super Mods

I really do believe she set out to do a concept album especially a personal one until Will.I.Am gained control and messed everything up. Alien was a great introduction to what would have been a personal journey kind of thing. I’m sure her team was like “uh we need hits. Let’s bring in Will.”

22 minutes ago, MmmDani said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t completely dislike ISBE? I mean the production is a mess, her vocals are too auto tuned (she sounds like a robot) and the lyrics are kind of stupid, but it’s somehow catchy, I think with a better production it could have been S&S 2.0. Actually before I became a fan I think I had heard the song and I read that although it wasn’t released as a single it was sent to European radios and was played in clubs, so that’s probably where I heard it, but I didn’t know it was Britney since her vocals are too auto tuned. 

4 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I really do believe she set out to do a concept album especially a personal one until Will.I.Am gained control and messed everything up. Alien was a great introduction to what would have been a personal journey kind of thing. I’m sure her team was like “uh we need hits. Let’s bring in Will.”

I don’t understand why they brought in Will.I.Am.. I’ve read somewhere that they scrapped the initial project and called him to get the album done quickly hoping to replicate the success of S&S, but I mean couldn’t they just get Max Martin? The album would have probably been better..

• Super Mods
11 minutes ago, Lorenzo said:

I don’t understand why they brought in Will.I.Am.. I’ve read somewhere that they scrapped the initial project and called him to get the album done quickly hoping to replicate the success of S&S, but I mean couldn’t they just get Max Martin? The album would have probably been better..

Me too, I know they definitely scrapped her original concept since so many producers complained about it and I remember Alien was one of the confirmed tracks before he stepped in and when he was appointed fans were spamming him saying not to cut Alien out and he responded to the fan base to tell us to relax and that Alien was not cut and is gonna be on the record ( I’m sure he wanted it cut but he knew he was gonna get scalped if he did) Max would definitely made the album better, but I wished they had William Orbit be the EP instead, he comes off so down to earth and seems to really listen to comments and suggestion compared to the other Will who gave off a “**** off” vibe on Twitter like he was too good to hear suggestions. So no doubt Orbit would have given Britney her dream album and probably also please the label/team B with hit singles because he has no ego and I remember someone mentioned about the glitch and he didn’t seem offended and was genuinely worried about it, it’s no wonder Britney keeps working with him, just too bad his songs never make the cut besides Alien.

I’m sure it was Larry meddling in and trying to please both of his clients and Will is cheaper than Max and I’m sure she thought she could trust him to carry out her vision but make it poppy (I feel she wanted a more indie vibe which is why her team was feeling iffy and uncertain so hence they scraped it or probably more like Larry cuz I know his taste in music is very generic pop because he constantly tries to steer her into that domain even from the start, look at his obsession with girl bands)

Wikipedia is unreliable info! I wish people would stop taking it as gospel.

I agree with what others have said though, Will.I.Flop trashed the album and I think he mixed up Myah's and Britney's vocals on the final mixes because he doesn't know the difference. Maybe it was too far into production to correct it? or maybe the rumours were true about Britney not even recording all the vocals.

I think Britney genuinely wanted Blackout 2.0 as she hinted, but Will.I.Scrap and her team destroyed it.

9 hours ago, Anticonformity said:

It is and it's about her life.

The concept is her life, from feeling alienated to finding spirituality to letting go...

My fave album of all time tbh

This oddly got me thinking...

1. Alien - Britney introducing her world to us and how she feels like an alien in it...
2.  Work ***** - We start from the beginning when young Britney had aspirations of getting out of her small town, being a big superstar, etc. and her knowing she has to work to achieve all those things. Which she did...
3. Perfume - But not without being sidetracked by love...
4. It Should Be Easy - But love was never easy for Britney...
5. Tik Tik Boom - So she burned through many relationships while enjoying her intimate pleasures...
6. Body Ache - And occasionally throwing herself back into her work by singing, dancing, touring, etc...
7. Til It's Gone - Realizing that a rotation of serial relationships and album releases would not recreate the feeling of the great loves in her life. She didn't realize what she had until it's gone. And it breaks her. Breaks her down...
8. Passenger - She finds herself under conservatorship and is now a passenger in life. But even though she hates it, it saved her life. And she couldn't imagine not being here for her family...
9. Chillin' With You - Because she loves chillin with her sister...
10. Don't Cry - and with that Britney has found happiness and has come to terms with her history of events and is telling herself to let go and don't cry over it anymore and neither should you.

Britney Jean was ahead of it's time. :jj:

8 hours ago, Lorenzo said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t completely dislike ISBE? I mean the production is a mess, her vocals are too auto tuned (she sounds like a robot) and the lyrics are kind of stupid, but it’s somehow catchy, I think with a better production it could have been S&S 2.0. Actually before I became a fan I think I had heard the song and I read that although it wasn’t released as a single it was sent to European radios and was played in clubs, so that’s probably where I heard it, but I didn’t know it was Britney since her vocals are too auto tuned. 

You're not. Actually, although I feel bad for it, I love Britney Jean and that is my favorite track from the album; from times to times I think it's my favorite from hers, and according to exhale it's not even her singing...so complicated :(

10 hours ago, Anticonformity said:

Actually yes, I mean my least fave is CWY, but honestly this is my fave album ever...
I love that she did something different lyrically, her involvement, and it came at a time that literally saved my life...

Is it full of club jams? no but it's nice to have something different and personal... I mean like even WB is a JAM but it's not like her usual lyrics which is nice to switch it up tbh I love a *** bop (TTB) but like yeah we know she can do that lets do something different...

Now That I Found You is my fave song of all time...

I've been listening NTIFY a lot recently, my bf loves it too :whatitellu:

Archived