What was she singing here??? ROFL

jennyj

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yup she's singing not a girl... someone commented to her about her bracelets making noise and if it would mess her up during the performance, and she straight up says "it's playback." so then she proceeds to sing not a girl while waving the bracelets to make noise.

i remember seeing this video and being annoyed. and it still annoys me to this day since she's recently said in interviews that she's busting her *** singing live and not getting credit for it... like no sorry honey, you're not singing live. you're not fooling anybody. i have no problem with lip syncing if she's going all out dancing fierce choreo, but she doesn't do that nowadays. but even still, she could at least sing ballads live and lip everything else. i don't think that's too much to ask for.....  randomly singing happy birthday or something to talk about live shouldn't be a TREAT or HEADLINE.

sorry i know that's not what this thread was about but i couldn't not say that after that video where she straight up admits the performance was playback haha

45 minutes ago, rockNroLL227 said:

yup she's singing not a girl... someone commented to her about her bracelets making noise and if it would mess her up during the performance, and she straight up says "it's playback." so then she proceeds to sing not a girl while waving the bracelets to make noise.

i remember seeing this video and being annoyed. and it still annoys me to this day since she's recently said in interviews that she's busting her *** singing live and not getting credit for it... like no sorry honey, you're not singing live. you're not fooling anybody. i have no problem with lip syncing if she's going all out dancing fierce choreo, but she doesn't do that nowadays. but even still, she could at least sing ballads live and lip everything else. i don't think that's too much to ask for.....  randomly singing happy birthday or something to talk about live shouldn't be a TREAT or HEADLINE.

sorry i know that's not what this thread was about but i couldn't not say that after that video where she straight up admits the performance was playback haha

That's a very good point.  While I love her, that does piss me off. 

12 hours ago, rockNroLL227 said:

Oh shut up. Many shows in Japan and other countries (at the time at least) didn't allow live performances, simply because they didn't have the equipment for it. She sang NAGNYAW live many times during the promo tour.

8 hours ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

If she was this candid nowadays about lip syncing people would love her for it. 

"And will you be singing or lip syncing for Domination?"

"Oh lip syncing throughout. My live voice is shot from smoking and lack of training. But I'll be dancing a lot." :yesplease:

#preach 

People typically use the statement of Britney having 'nothing to prove'. Well, I would ultimately prefer live vocals at their genuine worst then a 15 year old studio vocal. Simply be forthcoming and perhaps people will be more compassionate. Honestly, a bit more authenticity from her and her team would be welcomed.

Additionally, if you absolutely need to mime, then have the decency to look your personal best. At the bare minimum, ensure you are stage-worthy. If your dancing is sub-par, your make-up looks questionable, and your hair is in a messy pony-tail, that does not present you as talented or efficient but simply as unmotivated and money-driven. If she was having money issues, I would be more sympathetic; however, being worth over $200 million, this is not the case. She is in a position where she can afford to be vulnerable and and authentic with her craft. Her image isn't aging well. Even Janet Jackson, an inspiration of Britney's, has been more transparent. I've been praying for her since pre-circus, and while I'm glad she's still with us, her team has a responsibility to the fan base, particularly if they want to maintain their affluent lifestyles, and high-standing reputations.     

9 hours ago, floopy22 said:

Oh shut up. Many shows in Japan and other countries (at the time at least) didn't allow live performances, simply because they didn't have the equipment for it. She sang NAGNYAW live many times during the promo tour.

This is very true. As a favorite song of mine, I can support this statement. However, looking back, her image as a wide-ranging performer has not aged particularly well. It's nearly 20 years later and things have only gotten worse. At least the early 2000's, we as a fan base could stare at a youthful, endearing face, and still have hope in her future potential. Fast forward to now and much of the fan base is in a state of...cringe-worthy uncertainty. Economically, we can't be expected to provide large sums of money for someone whose ability to grow as a performer is uncertain. The only thing that seems to be expanding is her net worth, and her family unit. I respect her as a 2000's legacy act, but the future of her brand seems more rooted in merchandising (perfumes, lingerie, etc) and less within artistic integrity.

3 hours ago, jordeezy said:

They even revealed in a documentary that her voice is pitched in the studio... I was shocked when I watched this and they admitted that her voice is pitched in every song lol  

Never once heard them say every song is pitched... they added a lower layer of her saying that line under the original to give it depth. 

Archived