When did Britney take it too far ...

MyAccountGotBanned

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Onyx hotel tour :( I loved the concept of it but at some points it was too ****** to the point of it being trashy (touch of my hand and the constant dry humping w/ that one guy). I also didn’t like how she was exposing a lot of kids to that. I don’t know if she had a disclaimer when announcing the tour but I’ve read a LOT of reviews where parents didn’t know the tour was going to be as raunchy as it was and had to leave early. That’s the only time when it kind of was borderline too much imo :mariahstare:

The thing that REALLY bothered me was that interview where she said "I am busting my *** out there and singing at the same time and nobody ever really gives me credit for it". Like... Relly b*ch?! She  lip syncs to the album tracks even if they are 20 years old. Did she really think we are THAT stupid? And she doesn't even dance anymore! It stills makes me angry :nochillbrit:

22 hours ago, Do Somethin' said:

I think when she said that nobody gives her credit cause she always sing live... :umwtf: i mean i love her but sorry y'all that was too much! 

agree, I was kinda disappointed when she said that. I thought we (britney and the fans) were all kinda in on the joke together.... when she said that it just made me feel like she thinks were dumb.

I have absolutely nothing against the presence of even explicit sexuality in art, so long as it serves a purpose. But I don’t like sexuality for the sole purpose of generating controversy, and thus I have always been unimpressed by the BOM performance at the OHT. Britney looked amazing, of course, but she wasn’t doing anything that necessitated having any talent, and as such I think she was selling herself short with these particular antics.

giphy.gif

Further, it was really rather tone-deaf considering her core fanbase still consisted of preadolescent to young adolescent females.

And like others, I am really bothered by her first Rolling Stone photoshoot. The inclusion of the dolls, stuffed animals and little girl’s bicycle was an obvious attempt to infantilize her and make her appear much younger than her 16 years, whilst simultaneously sexualizing her. 

I don’t blame Britney for this though, no matter what LaChapelle claims about it having been her idea. She was a short-sighted minor who wanted to be famous at any cost, and it was incumbent upon the adults to make the ethical decisions on her behalf. When considering the character of the bulk of the demographic that is enticed by this kind of “**** little girl” concept, I can’t comprehend how idiotic Britney’s parents were to have been okay with the publication of the shoot.

C9d3eTNXkAA7fOI.jpg

88106e59b4be2f8c53e484c96926649b.jpg

The half-naked picture of her looking like a gogo dancer in front of her older adult brother is really creepy as well.

best-from-the-past-britney-spears-by-dav

Touch of My Hand. The song is just as bad as O-Town's 'Liquid Dreams' to me ... It got worse in Onyx Hotel because of the simulated ************. I mean, really? You can't sing about anything else? Well, I guess when your songs are pretty much ALL about ***, self love is part of the formula for success, but by that point, the cringe was real.

On 12/29/2018 at 10:37 PM, b4goodbye said:

Everyone talks about the Rolling Stone cover, but the FHM shoot is still way overtly ****** without any sort of artistic/contextual edge. Lighting and makeup looks like amateur ****.

I still get uncomfortable watching the DLMBTLTK video too, tbh. Just feels gratuitous and again, no artistic edge. I remember watching it with my parents and they were horrified haha.

FHM shoot? What does FHM mean?

Can’t tell if some of you guys are being sarcastic. 

I cant say she ever went too far. She’s an entertainer, people have been mixing her job with who she is as a person together and it’s not nessacarily the same thing. While they go hand in hand because who she is as a person is apart of her brand. I don’t think it’s fair to put down choices she made while growing up and learning to be a mature adult who makes the best decisions while in the public eye. While being put in that position clearly alters her perception of what we, the people looking in from the outside consider “reality”.

Take the good with the bad. Without the bad we wouldn’t get the good that came after.

Spoiler

The only thing she’s ever really done that has shocked me is, like others have pointed out, the first RS cover.  Back in the day, when I myself was a child, I thought “no big deal”.  Now, as an adult...I look at that and I’m like “wtf I can’t believe that was even thought of...”.  So inappropriate.  They knew what they were doing.  Sadly, I think Britney was taken advantage of by that disgusting perv Lachapelle (who also did the original MM).  He prob told her it was gonna be huge and create hype and controversy in a good way.  She was done up totally for perverted men to beat off too. And she was a child.  Totally different from the “**** girl next door image” she portrayed very early in her career.  Kinda makes me sad that no one fought for her (Larry, Johnny, her family, Felicia, her label, whatever).  Massive exploitation of a child.

3 hours ago, umr3000 said:

2004: 55 hour marriage to Jason Alexander 

2005: Interview with Matt Lauer 

2006/07: her ****** being papped! 

I totally agree but I also find it disgusting that a paparazzi takes pictures of you pointing  zooming and focusing in on your pu$$y 

Archived