Is I’m Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman Britney’s most underappreciated single of all time?

6 hours ago, Breathe on me u toxicbitch said:

Not in Germany! It was one of her best know songs (overprotected was totally unknow and under the radar). just in general and maybe also because of the movie and the wetten dass appearance.

8 hours ago, BabyBabyBay said:

Oh wow really?? I thought it was something to do with her involvement with Pepsi at the time 

Can I specify it was ONLY America it was banned, breath on me that’s a fact.

here is the evidence &httpsredir=1&article=1238&context=jatip

this is why the competition act of 2002 was brought about. 

https://adage.com/article/news/clear-channel-punish-britney-spears/33694/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Finally yes absolutely yes 100 times yes, 200% YES YES and YES this is like my favourite ballad I love this song and if I have to choose between a friend and this song I will choose this song any day. 

JUST LOOK AT THE VIDEO, JUST LOOK AT HER. YOU DIDN'T LIE EVEN  1% - THIS SONG SHOULD BE LOVED MORE AND MORE LISTENED TRACK OF ALL TIMES. MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS! 

• Love 2
On 12/19/2018 at 7:12 AM, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

I’m TIRED of it not receiving the praise it deserves. Beautiful song, strong nostalgic value, GORGEOUS instrumental, and just a FLAWLESS, coming-of-age heartfelt ballad that many have or can relate to. #1 in 24 countries and on Billboard for 14 weeks, most downloaded song of 2001/2002, influenced the likes or Milet/Demo/Sel, and praised by critics all over the WORLD btw. 

Point blank, I’m tired of y’all c*nts downplaying one of the greatest songs amongst her entire catalogue. :canthandleit::lessons:

kill the lights , MP,overprotected,someday & do something rn: :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

1 hour ago, Crabo Lavender Turmeric said:

Did the radio ban make it not hit the top 100 in the USA ?

Yes. Jive never promoted her singles like they did for her albums because they wanted to sell more albums, and they rarely released physical cds and cassettes for her singles either (so that people would go out and buy albums), which is why her singles always charted poorly back then. 

4 hours ago, dojaknee said:

kill the lights , MP,overprotected,someday & do something rn: :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

Those songs are all pretty respected and appreciated by fans tho. :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde: Not a Girl on the other hand always gets a rep for being ‘boring’, ‘childish’, etc. when it’s literally one of her best songs with a beautiful arrangement.

I also feel Not A Girl is sooo underrated here, it's so beautiful and music video is AMAZING 

In my country it must have been huge because I remember knowing it already when I just became Britney fan, when I was checking her songs on YT for the "first time" I recognised it at the very first second!

That means I had heard it a lot on the radio when I was little, not knowing it was Britney singing it

• Love 1