Is I’m Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman Britney’s most underappreciated single of all time?

It’s just one of that songs that used to be so good but is just boring now. The melody and lyrics are so boring to me now. Some songs can grow on you and others.. like this one... just wear off or something lol

Its still a classic and I think it fits prefrectly in Britney’s single collection. Back then it also showcased her vocals!

it’s just that right now it doesn’t do much for me anymore. But I do appreciate it. Nice to show it some love ;-) 

• Like 1

I always love to see appreciation for INAGNYAW. I love Overprotected too but everyone on here always talks about that song. I'm Not A Girl is just one of those songs; slightly cheesy, fun to sing along to and just pleasant to listen to. The video will forever be one of her best. I'm not saying she didn't look stunning in the Toxic MV but Overprotected and INAGNYAW Britney were on another level. I really wish it had gotten to number 1 in the UK. Maybe then, she'd perform it on tour. I can dream... I was only 4 when this song came out but looking back, I feel so damn sorry for American fans that those idiots banned her from the radio. Not many people will agree with me here but I would take these 2 songs over Gimme More, Hold It Against Me, Work ***** etc any day. The songs were just so different and a lot of people might look back and say that kind of style is cheesy and old and to some extent, maybe it is, but that's part of the nostalgia and why people love these songs. I know we have the Britney singles on vinyl but for the love of God, we need the album too!

• Like 3

Omg this song! I used to love it so much when the album was released and it was new back in the day. It’s not that I don’t like it anymore, it’s just that I overplayed it and grew tired of it because it’s a ballad, same with BTMYH and FTBOMBH. The video is landscape **** and she looks gorgeous in it. A gem. 

Spoiler

:yasqueen:

• Like 1

I love her live performances of Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman because she sounded so good singing it. I don't really care for the song by itself. To me, the 'Britney'(2001) Era, was such a struggling time to be a Britney fan. For Britney, I think it was her make it or break it era. She did good releasing "Not a Girl, Not yet a Woman"  because it was a song to showcase her vocals ,proving that she could be a good live singer. Britney singing live at award shows and television promo performances were really needed at that time. I guess thats why I like the live performances much more than the song.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

To me, the 'Britney'(2001) Era, was such a struggling time to be a Britney fan. For Britney, I think it was her make it or break it era. 

The Britney era was awesome, she was still at her peak (though slowly declined in 2002. I think the fact that she was EVERYWHERE could have turned people off cuz it was too much. She did well that era considering her big breakup and the radio ban. Plus it's the only album that she's had so many singles from

No... It might not be reflected on sales or chart positions, but it's currently one of her videos on Youtube that receives the most daily views, even more than other videos that already have 100M+, so people must really like it and remember it more than other songs, for whatever reason.

Current daily avg:

1. S&S - 210K
  2. BOMT - 193K
  3. Toxic - 171K
  4. OIDIA - 112K
  5. Womanizer - 99K
  6. Sometimes - 97K
  7. WB - 81K
  8. Everytime - 70K
  9. GM - 62K
  10. Criminal - 52K
  11. INAGNYAW - 47K
  12. Crazy - 45K
  13. Lucky - 44K
  14. IAS4U - 35K
  15. Circus - 32K
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, Betty1994 said:

Clear channel wanted to sponsor Britney spears tour Larry decided to go with sfx as they were promoting the movie crossroads. She got blacklisted and the state had to get involved to unban her. 

Oh wow really?? I thought it was something to do with her involvement with Pepsi at the time 

• Love 1