Just get shooked by Brit insta likes Vs other artists ...

crazyboutbrit

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Army1 said:

Okay, so here is a social media lesson for everyone in the thread that doesnt get how social media platforms work from a business perspective. Social media success, and how most money is made on social media is not based on follower count, but actually engagement. 

First off, you guys do realize that your follower count dictates your max like ability. You cant have 20 million followers and expect to have the same amount of likes as people who have 100 mil followers...

Second, and most importantly, social media success/influencer status is actually based on percentages not followers...If Britneys top likes on a post is around 1 million, and she has around 20 mil total followers, that means she has a 5% conversion rate of her total followers who engage on her most popular posts. 

If Ariana has 140 mil followers and her top likes average around 3 mil, thats a 2% conversion rate of her total followers who engage on her most popular posts. 

So what those numbers show is that Britney has more engaged followers and Ariana has more passive followers. Ariana's follower count is made up of  more people who follow her because of her current popularity/because its cool to do so, but arent as invested in her as Britneys followers. 

In the social media business world that makes Britney a micro-influencer, because she has a smaller follow count but better engagement. In the social media world, micro-influencers are actually who brands and business seek out the most because of their more impassioned bases. 

It’s the perfect example of quality over quantity

End thread. Next :begone:

• Super Mods
14 hours ago, ClaudiaDC said:

OMG Britney Army is becoming the worst fan base. This is Britney. You have to stop blaming for everything. It’s annoying. She is 37, she has a life. And I really like her instagram profile beacuase she shows us her real persona with funny videos or quotes so thanks to her Instagram it’s like I really can know her and what she’s thinking in that moment. I think her instagram spreads positivity, I LOVE IT. She’s such a positive person.

I think all fan bases are like this...with the exception of the beehive (they really are like bees that just follow their queen blindly) I recently signed into jlo’s forum after many years of inactivity and they ***** just like us like “oh jlo is putting out yet another gazzillion product that she’s just gonna hype up for months and then promote for 3 days and then forget that it even existed and move in to the next project.” Or like with the Inglot thing they were like “oh a new product launch and all we are getting is just one photo that looks like it was taken by a camera phone?” 

• Super Mods
13 hours ago, BabyBabyBay said:

One of the biggest issues today is this like culture, like it's some type of validation.

She isn't out there to try and become an IG star - we all know she puts her family and home comforts before her career now, it's endearing to see somebody who is in the public eye just posting everyday life things.

Besides, quality over quantity

You know I watch the making of lucky and I realize that she has always put her family first even during her prime days. Dave Meyers said that they originally had three days to shoot the video but it was cut to 2 days because she wanted to see Jamie Lynne’s thing or something, I think recital? 

• Content Curators

except literally no one in this current gen could name 3 j lo songs lmao she is so much more irrelevant than Britney, they may hear some jlo songs and be like ohh i remember that but thats pretty much it. i think she has more followers bc of her international fan base like shakira

Britney didn't start on IG like a lot of the younger stars did.  J.Lo and Riri have really good teams behind them that jumped on the IG bandwagon fast, which is why they made it big.  Britney is actually doing quite well on IG for someone who posts mostly personal and random stuff with only a couple of promo stuff.

lmfao what a stupid post :tifflmao:

Britneys prime was 1999-2004.... 6 years before instagram was even released, and it didn't really become relevant until like 2012. Selena, Ari. Cardi are in their primes right now, the peak of social media in all of history.

If this was our culture in the 2000s, britney especially, but  Justin, Christina,, etc would all be the top celebrities on these platforms.

U are comparing britney to artists in their peak during the era of social media. Jlo has more cause she’s literally most known for fashion and and how beautiful she is in pictures. JT has more cause he just did the super bowl and puts himself out there a bit more. But for the era she came from britney is doing above average than peers from that time. 

well, it might sound too Cappycorn-y of me, but Ariana and Selena have around 140M so-called followers (because who really knows how many of them are legit) so to get an average of 1M - 5M per post is the LEAST they should get. Britney has 21.5M, almost 1/5 of their followers, so in proportion I think Britney is doing fine, especially for the kind of content she posts and the frequency as well.

16 hours ago, JKW said:

She doesnt have to. I know instagram is your whole life and the rest of your generation, but not for everyone. Britney is not an instagram star and doesnt have to. 

What do you know about me? My life? and the rest of my generation? to have such statement ... 

The purpose of the thread was not that but judging by your judgement, you're far of having the minimum IQ to understand

Thank you .... next! :hiii:

11 hours ago, Army1 said:

Okay, so here is a social media lesson for everyone in the thread that doesnt get how social media platforms work from a business perspective. Social media success, and how most money is made on social media is not based on follower count, but actually engagement. 

First off, you guys do realize that your follower count dictates your max like ability. You cant have 20 million followers and expect to have the same amount of likes as people who have 100 mil followers...

Second, and most importantly, social media success/influencer status is actually based on percentages not followers...If Britneys top likes on a post is around 1 million, and she has around 20 mil total followers, that means she has a 5% conversion rate of her total followers who engage on her most popular posts. 

If Ariana has 140 mil followers and her top likes average around 3 mil, thats a 2% conversion rate of her total followers who engage on her most popular posts. 

So what those numbers show is that Britney has more engaged followers and Ariana has more passive followers. Ariana's follower count is made up of  more people who follow her because of her current popularity/because its cool to do so, but arent as invested in her as Britneys followers. 

In the social media business world that makes Britney a micro-influencer, because she has a smaller follow count but better engagement. In the social media world, micro-influencers are actually who brands and business seek out the most because of their more impassioned bases. 

It’s the perfect example of quality over quantity

I like what you wrote :sendinglove:

7 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

You know I watch the making of lucky and I realize that she has always put her family first even during her prime days. Dave Meyers said that they originally had three days to shoot the video but it was cut to 2 days because she wanted to see Jamie Lynne’s thing or something, I think recital? 

That's so cute - I didn't know that!

• Super Mods
52 minutes ago, BabyBabyBay said:

That's so cute - I didn't know that!

IKR? You can watch it yourself and as well as enjoy how GORGEOUS she looks and her being funny, my god she was just perfect. Oh yeah it was a dance recital, very cool that something so small and what seems unimportant (it’s not like a graduation or something) that Britney would move mountains just to go

@2:48

Archived