When east meets west

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

I really hate that outfit, makeup and the camera angles but damn she was so fierce and perfect back then. :yay:

UGH! THis!!
The camera angles when she was in her prime, were AWFUL!
U cant see her f**king it up properly!!

Now all they do it shoot every awkward move she makes
Ugh our queen is so sabotaged...

1 hour ago, Soni said:

UGH! THis!!

I noticed that they never do close ups on her face it always full stage view I assume this is to not focus on her lips and focus more on the production (background dancers, lights) so we dont notice how bad she dances and lips sings:tehe:

• Super Mods
On 12/12/2018 at 6:54 AM, Soni said:

UGH! THis!!

I hate to pull the race thing but you know how everyine makes a big deal about white privilege and that it’s because she’s a white girl she is successful but like her whole career has been like everyone is out to sabotage her. I know one of the reasons she got to where she is is because she’s white but like it always seems the odds are  never in her favor and it’s because she works extra hard to overcome that, I mean the Britney era was huge but like she got banned by clear channel which hindered the success of the singles and constantly getting snubbed. With the #metoo thing and hearing about Mariah’s situation with Tommy Motola how he ruined her career or tried, maybe she didn’t offer herself to an executive. I mean hearing her talk to Fe on the stages documentary about she felt disrespected by the men asking her to twirl and her standing her ground kinda makes me think that.

now this forum is quick to jump and attack then ask later, I’m only speculating and it’s just a theory, I’m not saying it’s true. I know, I know she sleeps with men and all but that’s just cuz she’s ***** and it’s for her pleasure not a business transaction. 

Again it’s for discussion, this is a forum after all.

6 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I hate to pull the race thing but you know how everyine makes a big deal about white privilege and that it’s because she’s a white girl she is successful but like her whole career has been like everyone is out to sabotage her. I know one of the reasons she got to where she is is because she’s white but like it always seems the odds are  never in her favor and it’s because she works extra hard to overcome that, I mean the Britney era was huge but like she got banned by clear channel which hindered the success of the singles and constantly getting snubbed. With the #metoo thing and hearing about Mariah’s situation with Tommy Motola how he ruined her career or tried, maybe she didn’t offer herself to an executive. I mean hearing her talk to Fe on the stages documentary about she felt disrespected by the men asking her to twirl and her standing her ground kinda makes me think that.

now this forum is quick to jump and attack then ask later, I’m only speculating and it’s just a theory, I’m not saying it’s true. I know, I know she sleeps with men and all but that’s just cuz she’s ***** and it’s for her pleasure not a business transaction. 

Again it’s for discussion, this is a forum after all.

Well if we are bringing race to it..
She succeeded because of white privilege only if she was compared to someone.
A black person wouldn't have had a peak like that usually
But also, I don't think when u look at it from a far, that race has to do anything with it.

Cuz saying she won because of privilege is ignorant here..
She was sent off from several labels because they didnt like her
And everything was while she had her real voice..
She was probably the most overworked artist from the beginning of the 2000s
She knew how to play the game tbh
So she really worked her *** off to be this successful really..after all, she had expirience since she was a little girl
But yea..she was sabotaged..like..look at her team choosing the Pepsi deal over the radio one! That made every song of hers get banned! and honestly I think that was on purpouse because with her 3rd album, she was taking more control of her artistry and her label probably didnt want that so they wanted to sabotage her to show her that she should listen to them.

But there are perks to being black too..like, Britney would've been taken very seriously if she was black!
Look at whitney..she didnt write her songs at all but she had critical acclaim..and for what? only her voice? seems kinda odd
mariah carey is mostly thought of as white(cuz she is white passing although she is a mix) and has written all of her stuff+sings very good..she was massively hated by the GP
rihanna? no voice, only made generic hits...but she won around 20 grammys..everyone loves her she is taken seriously
beyonce? exposed multiple times to even steal writting credits and really not write anything(solo) (although I see why they would acclaim her even with these stuff)
gaga? hated just when she was at her Artistic peak, talking about deep stuff
britney? was hated constantly, even when she wrote her stuff and was nice to everybody and didn't say anything negative
madonna? constantly hated (even now) even tho she revolutionized music , wrote,danced,produced

there is a pattern
black people are taken much more seriously
I don't know if it's because the genre (since JT is liked too and he is RnB+Pop for sure) but there for sure is race involved
so whites arent the only ones having privilege in this
everyone has their stereotypes.
black people have it harder in life (in white majority countries (like..duuh)) (and so does every other POC) but they are taken much more serious as artists..
even today, black people are so much accepted and fought for atm..They don't even attack Cardi B and The Migos for their homophobic spewings! (even cardi's racist ones) black people dont get as much as backlash for ignorant views than white people
Iggy was massacred for example, Cardi B? Nuthing
Iggy was only blamed for acting black and her career ended
Cardi B? Called black girls, roaches. Constantly used trans slurs. Constantly defended Migos for their homophobic slurs AND blamed the LGBT for not teaching what does words mean like.. it's all there!
That's why liberals and SJWs are seen as such a joke in many other places..it's because they arent dont see equality for everyone.
They will only attack u if u white, it's the same with the free speech thing..they constantly speak for it but when someone gives another opinion (even if the person didnt know what he was saying was wrong) they will attack him.
Like..I get attacking **** opinions but they attack for the dumbest reasons

Anyways yea...

Archived