• Super Mods
17 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I agree with you see has unresolved issues and they are festering. 

Where I differ is Britney herself seems to be the one against treatment besides medication which is probably mandatory to see her kids. I think she wants to believe nothing is wrong with her and ignore therefore solidifying herself in a lifetime cship. 

Look at how Amanda Bynes talks about her problems and seems to be at ease with herself to Britney. It’s astonishing. 

Exactly which is why I completely understand her situation.

It is a scary thing to face your demons and maybe it’s the way they approach it is what’s intimidating her. I don’t know, obviously we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes besides it’s obvious she has unresolved issues. Maybe it’s because she’s forced to do it and it’s not on her own terms? 

I know I’m not a psychologist so I should be one to talk but I’m 30 now and I realized that growing up, I kinda just ignored the signs and just shrugged it off because (especially in with men where we’re taught not to show our feelings) so I didn’t realize I was harboring a lot of baggage. So now thanks to weed I’m able to allow my body to relax and I do yoga to stretch out my tense muscles and try to fix my posture. Occasionally I would have tears streaming down my face and I realize it’s because I trained myself unconsciously to not cry and now I’m making up for it haha. Not saying she should do what I do but if I ever met her and somehow I can, I would highly recommend cannabis to her and maybe she can get her groove back cuz I didn’t realize I can sway my hips so fluidly when I’m high LOL

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I actually don't think she cares enough about us to plot all these evil plans to make us stop being her fans, that's just silly. 

Dude, you're missing it. I never thought she was actively plotting against her fans, although that is what it feels like. And I certainly don't think she's evil. It would be a lot easier to alienate HER if she was. But I am calling it like I see it when I say the way she is offstage has grown similar to how she is onstage. Distant and unkempt. I'm saying that's fine, when she's not working. You're right, she's changed, but that doesn't make it okay. The tickets still cost the same if not more. All people change, not just her.

Other artists contemporary to Britney have also distanced themselves from the public eye to live their lives and have children and still kill it when it's time to perform. Britney has worked with some of the best in the industry since she was 11. She KNOWS what looks good. Remember, I'm comparing her to HERSELF when I evaluate her performances, not other people. She set that bar all the way up with her own talent. 

I seriously can't believe you guys are discussing the same thing every day. Seriously, dont you get tired? Just let it be, no matter how much you complain, she's not here to change. You may like it or not, and trust me, I'm not loving current Britney, but just complaining day after day, and creating theories and whatever, it's not changing her. Just accept it, for your own sake. 

38 minutes ago, I am Max. said:

I seriously can't believe you guys are discussing the same thing every day. Seriously, dont you get tired? Just let it be, no matter how much you complain, she's not here to change. You may like it or not, and trust me, I'm not loving current Britney, but just complaining day after day, and creating theories and whatever, it's not changing her. Just accept it, for your own sake. 

They're just my sentiments man. I thought this was a safe place for that. Besides, it's not in me to say "thank you" when someone ***** on me (metaphorically speaking). 

47 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Dude, you're missing it. I never thought she was actively plotting against her fans, although that is what it feels like. And I certainly don't think she's evil. It would be a lot easier to alienate HER if she was. But I am calling it like I see it when I say the way she is offstage has grown similar to how she is onstage. Distant and unkempt. I'm saying that's fine, when she's not working. You're right, she's changed, but that doesn't make it okay. The tickets still cost the same if not more. All people change, not just her.

Other artists contemporary to Britney have also distanced themselves from the public eye to live their lives and have children and still kill it when it's time to perform. Britney has worked with some of the best in the industry since she was 11. She KNOWS what looks good. Remember, I'm comparing her to HERSELF when I evaluate her performances, not other people. She set that bar all the way up with her own talent. 

But I insist. She's changed. That same Britney that performed at the VMA's with a tiger and a snake said 14 years later that she thought that was stupid.

She obviously doesn't sit down to watch her old videos or performances, or even see her old pictures. And even if she did, I get the impression she just would feel like she can't do that anymore, or shouldn't be doing that, because she would feel embarrassed to do or look like her 21 years old self, and that's why she's found this "new style" in her clothes, in her dance moves, in her performances, her songs, etc. That Britney from her prime years would never perform any of the choreos from POM, not even from FFT, or dress up like that onstage, but Currentney does, because that's what she's become, and she doesn't feel like it's wrong or that she's missing something, or that she needs to take dance lessons again, or a stylist, or anything. If any fan feels alienated by her new behavior and choices, that's up to each one, because it's on us to decide whether we want to keep supporting this new "phase" of Britney or if we want to stay with our good memories and move on from her.

Here comes the downvotes, but to me, the only time I could consider she really was against her career, and implicitly against the fans she had since the beginning was when she released Blackout. That was a big **** you to the media, the industry and the whole legacy she had built up to that point. Her fanbase and audience totally changed ever since. Some decided to stay, but many, many people moved on. And of course there were the new fans.

33 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

But I insist. She's changed. That same Britney that performed at the VMA's with a tiger and a snake said 14 years later that she thought that was stupid.

Yeah, I remember she said this... I try not to... But what about the rehearsals? We both agreed that she's far superior in rehearsals. What happens when she's live? How do we help make that better if we don't voice it? It's all we can do, is it not? 

1 minute ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Yeah, I remember she said this... I try not to... But what about the rehearsals? We both agreed that she's far superior in rehearsals. What happens when she's live? How do we help make that better if we don't voice it? It's all we can do is it not? 

Well, of course we can, but I'm not really sure how effective would that be. Some people say her team reads this place, I particularly doubt it (though the coincidences have been funny lol). I don't think they're reading her social media comments, but that's the only place I think, that has more chances of being seen by her or her team.

Some people were whining on here that she didn't say anything for her birthday, and the following day she posted that thank you message on her social media. Coincidence? I really don't know.

I don't think she's here to follow what anyone else has to say about her career, even if she was told, I don't think she would be able to see what's wrong with her style nowadays. The conservatorship rules over her finances, and any choice regarding where she lives, or her contracts, or her medical and legal issues. But they're not telling her how to dance or how to dress up or do her makeup. Those things are like the only place where she has "freedom" to do what she likes to. Freedom, at least within the monetary and legal limitations that the conservatorship sets, in terms of contracts, times, money expenses, etc. I think it would have to be someone really, really close to her, someone like Larry, or her siblings or a very close friend, maybe even Sam or her kids, though she's said she didn't care when her kids didn't like some of the Glory songs, so...

12 hours ago, LEMONADEGLORY said:

No one is expecting her to be their friend but she's not even socially functional. She doesn't have the bare minimum education to even greet the people, she doesn't look them in the eyes. If it's too much for her to say "Hi, nice to meet you. What's your name? *take picture*, enjoy the show, sweetie!" then stop doing the M&Gs. Period.

You are basing this off one meet and greet?

It appears as though she views her career as the catalyst to her mental health problems. The level of fame she reached was debilitating and so she seeks a life without it.

She doesn’t sing or perform because it’s her passion anymore, she does it because it’s her job.

She wants to live a life of normalcy and not have to dress up and impress anybody... even if it means she looks disheveled, she is content with the fact that she is free to dress that way.

In my opinion, she is happy in her personal life but the longer she stays hidden away and private, the more anxious she gets about her career. She spends months away living privately and then is thrown back into fame whenever she is on tour pr performing and she doesn’t know how to cope. She definitely needs therapy and she needs to really work on her anxieties because that is stress than can be really harmful for your mental health.

23 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

You are basing this off one meet and greet?

I think they are basing it off all the experiences that warranted a petition for fans to get their money back (and won).

Receipts: 

There's also this article from 2014:

https://www.businessinsider.com/fans-are-paying-2500-for-3-second-meet-and-greet-with-britney-spears-in-las-vegas-2014-1

This has been happening for some time. 

I think she's just tired of doing the same show, performing the same songs for years on end. I feel like she was ready to leave POM behind when it ended last NYE, but the fans wanted an east coast/European tour, and the powers that be granted it and just kind of shuffled her along. I feel like that really messed up the perception of her because she was just going through the motions and clearly didn't want to be there. If she could've taken that year off and recoup and work on music and herself, maybe some more painting, who knows where we'd be... maybe we would have B10 by now. But that's all conjecture.

I know it's cliche but she's always reminded me of a ballerina in a little music box, just made to entertain whenever we want and be perfect every time. But there's a real person there.

34 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

I think they are basing it off all the experiences that warranted a petition for fans to get their money back (and won).

Receipts: 

There's also this article from 2014:

https://www.businessinsider.com/fans-are-paying-2500-for-3-second-meet-and-greet-with-britney-spears-in-las-vegas-2014-1

This has been happening for some time. 

She took the pictures and was nice as usual

What's the problem

22 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I really feel the c-ship ruined her passion because before she would have lots of ideas and be excited in the creative process but now that her decisions have to go through several people to get approved, it kinda sucks the fun out of everything and not to mention all her team are old people so they don’t get her or where she is going with the ideas and so they second guess everything and nitpick everything because they are thinking of them from a business standpoint and if it’s profitable (she has a village to feed) so I can see why she gives no f**ks cuz why bother. At least when she was with Jive they were able to meet halfway but I don’t feel like it’s the same now. Everyone just see her as dollar signs and so I would throw in the towel and do the bare minimum as possible to please everyone because honestly no matter how hard she works or effort she puts in, she’ll only see a third of that paycheck once everybody takes their cut.

her career was declared dead with the FF. even tho the commercial success, she never really wanted to do it. the closest we get is Glory and we all know what happened with the management of that era

Britney is a like a kid who loved cheesecake and then ate waaaay to much cheesecake and now it makes her ill.

Some celebrities (e.g. Taylor Swift who is very personable with fans to this day) had people around them who loved them and encouraged them to put the cheesecake down before they had too much. These celebrities can still eat it once in a while.

Archived